• McInnes
    • N Adkins
    • McLeish
    • Warnock

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please add a "none of the above" to the list please.

Also, an "invite applications and not rush into appointing any cunt" option.

LOL!

My choice Phil Brown Hull and Southend, can work with or without loads of money

PS all failures in the English lower leagues, should fit in nicely at Ibrox at the moment!

Understand what you mean, but do you really think the list of managers wallace might be keeping in mind is any more inspiring?

I don't. That's why I'd open it up to applications. For all we know there could be a manager out there that we all think "nah he'd be out of our price range" who's actually sitting thinking he'd love a crack at managing us.

Open it up and see what options we have, if it doesn't work then we can actively pursue guys from a ready made short list. What do we have to lose?

Zola would be a good choice also anyone else agree

Perhaps he's rumored to be getting the Leeds job if/when McDermott is sacked. If he is we could do much worse than Brian McDermott tbh a good British manager who has experience of board turmoil so might not be as phased as some managers by our "fluid" board situation.

I don't. That's why I'd open it up to applications. For all we know there could be a manager out there that we all think "nah he'd be out of our price range" who's actually sitting thinking he'd love a crack at managing us.

Open it up and see what options we have, if it doesn't work then we can actively pursue guys from a ready made short list. What do we have to lose?

Agreed, nada (tu)

I don't know , I really don't. All I know is that we need a change to freshen things up with a different philosophy of the football we're watching just now.

I was quite impressed with the Kenny Jacket topic on here a week ago , but it's hard to judge when that's all I can go on.

Perhaps he's rumored to be getting the Leeds job if/when McDermott is sacked. If he is we could do much worse than Brian McDermott tbh a good British manager who has experience of board turmoil so might not be as phased as some managers by our "fluid" board situation.

I see your point but at the same time that could put him off wanting to manage us, he'll probably want his next club to have a bit of stability after what's went on at Leeds.

Would be a good shout though if he was affordable.

I see your point but at the same time that could put him off wanting to manage us, he'll probably want his next club to have a bit of stability after what's went on at Leeds.

Would be a good shout though if he was affordable.

Yeah but if we get some kind of stability we could be a perfect fit for him. When talking about wages im not sure what he's on at Leeds but surely it cant be as much as Ally has been on, if we can spunk even 400k a year on Ally we can give it to someone like McDermott who's vastly better value for money.

I have choosen mccall from a pretty poor list of options as he would be my choice from that lot.

I think we need to go down the route of appointing a young up and coming foreigner who has had some relative success bringing through youth.

A director of football is required imo.

Aye, my lad thought he'd be a good shout.

Isn't he a tim, though?

I have no idea, no mention that I can see and although parts of Saltcoats are infested its not universal by any means. I think we need a whole new coaching team (bar Jim Stewart and Jukebox) to really move us forward.

Advertise the job and choose the best young modern minded coach that applies.

The difficulty is in who does the choosing. Somebody from out with the Club preferably.

The applicants CV's should be closely examined to determine their football philosophies.

Someone who gives youth a chance and doesn't sign stop gap older players past their best. The list would be lengthy, but the correct choice must be made with no cock up's allowed.

A three year contract, cast in concrete for the crown prince and stick with him no matter what.

Just for starters like.

I have no idea, no mention that I can see and although parts of Saltcoats are infested its not universal by any means. I think we need a whole new coaching team (bar Jim Stewart and Jukebox) to really move us forward.

Cheers. Thought I recalled something from years back.

Agreed re full clearout of the coaches & exceptions - the sooner the 'Brains Trust' is gone, the better!

Mcleish.

Honestly? Given - he had a great start to his rangers career, but i put that down to the new manager syndrome which usually perks players up. the team steadily declined under him. I mean, listening to interviews you'd be hard pushed to take offense if someone who didn't know he was scottish perhaps thought english wasn't his first language.