What you think of the new tops?

one55

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember years ago it would be a new home top one season and then a new away top the next but we change sponsors so often these day's we have to change every season.

well that and the fact that tops have got to be our biggest cash cow in regards to merchandise.

Aye that's what I remember. It's been about 8 years since I last bought a football top so it comes as a surprise to me now that they get changed every year. Seems a bit cheeky especially if you have a couple of kids wanting full kits.

Id be very wary of buying a top next year after seeing the state of some of this years tops, nearly everyone I know has had the blackthorn logo come off. Ill wait till I hear how they are before dropping the 50 odd quid theyll charge us.

I am, mate.

I've honestly not bought a football top in years, due to the above reasons, and thought that they still lasted for 2 seasons.

Now I feel old and kinda stupid :)

Think yourself lucky you aren't a Manchester Utd. fan who bought their new strip a few years ago and the team wore it for 45 minutes.never to be seen again.

Now THAT would really fucking piss you off. :angry:

Because the other one looks better. The logo in the op isn't very imaginative it looks like a thousand other logos to me.

What's your point?

From a Graphic Design perspective, it's exactly what you want. The other logo just clutters things, when you see the top, you see 32Red in clear, crisp, bold letters. That's all it boils down to. I'd hate for you to see my Graphic Design logo, you'd probably have a melt down with how simple it is.

Think yourself lucky you aren't a Manchester Utd. fan who bought their new strip a few years ago and the team wore it for 45 minutes.never to be seen again.

Now THAT would really fucking piss you off. :angry:

Really? That'll take a lot of beating.

Makes one season seem like a long time :)

I like them.

I think this apparel looks very congrous -- like a football team's sports/training tops should.

I like the red, bold lettering for the branding. i.e., 32 Red, in bold red. It makes sense, and also integrates with one of the signature Rangers colours (the other two, of course, being blue and white).

You're kidding me? Rangers colours are red, white and blue? Never knew that.

Really? That'll take a lot of beating.

Makes one season seem like a long time :)

It certainly caused a furore with the thousands of Man.Utd. fans who forked out the cash buying it for the kids etc. It was their new away strip and they actually wore it 4 times previously (lost 3-drew 1) so when they were 3-0 down at half-time against Southampton,Ferguson ordered them to change it and that was the last it was ever seen.

When asked about it, Ferguson claimed the players said the lightgrey/dark grey was impossible to see and they couldn't pick each other out at distance when they lifted their heads.

This was in April 1996 and IIRC it was supposed to be their away kit for the following season,but the only people not wearing it at the away games the following season were the players. Personally I think it was one of the worst football kits I've ever seen but i'm unsure whether it was Umbro or Man.Utd. who came up with that design/colour scheme doh

Is that a fact :lol:

italy-home-shirt-2014-world-cup-gh.jpg

Two completely different tops. If you can't see that you need to go to Specsavers mate.

That's a one off design, specifically for Italy. Notice the seams running from mid collar to shoulder. Notice the completely different colour and button design. Notice the tight "figure hugging" design.

The reality is, these are new Puma kits, and this is most likely what we'll be getting.

ugdvu5O.jpg

MMieGAA.jpg

zV906eF.jpg

3HbD0aF.jpg

pr9oHu0.jpg

Two completely different tops. If you can't see that you need to go to Specsavers mate.

That's a one off design, specifically for Italy. Notice the seams running from mid collar to shoulder. Notice the completely different colour and button design. Notice the tight "figure hugging" design.

The reality is, these are new Puma kits, and this is most likely what we'll be getting.

ugdvu5O.jpg

MMieGAA.jpg

zV906eF.jpg

3HbD0aF.jpg

pr9oHu0.jpg

your really hitting a brick wall here a few people have already seen the new home shirt and the picture of shirt a posted is a Photoshop of the new shirt

your really hitting a brick wall here a few people have already seen the new home shirt and the picture of shirt a posted is a Photoshop of the new shirt

We'll see when it comes out mate. There's no hitting of a brick wall. Our shirts will fall in line with all the other domestic club shirts, just like last year.

Aye that's what I remember. It's been about 8 years since I last bought a football top so it comes as a surprise to me now that they get changed every year. Seems a bit cheeky especially if you have a couple of kids wanting full kits.

It comes as a surprise that we change it every year?

How are things on the moon?