The current squad would win the Championship

I think pretty much every Rangers fan is of the opinion that changes have to be made for next season.

Whether that be the manager, the personnel or the tactics..maybe even all 3.

We cannot hope to win the title as easily as we did this season if we carry on with what has been served up this season.

Although the standard isn't anything to be frightened of it's still a step up from the league we are in. And let's not forget we could still see a team like St Mirren, Hibs, Killie or Thistle joining Hearts should they fail in the play offs.

I fully expect Hearts to bring in a few experienced players once they get out of admin as they will feel they can return to the SPFL at the 1st time of asking if they can keep their good crop of youngsters together.

Like i said changes will have to be made if we are to win this league and return to the SPFL.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree completely with that statement, similar in what way? Not in the way of ability mate, you're kidding yourself if you think this team is similar in terms of ability to those who have won past recent titles with us

McGregor or Bell

Whittaker/Broadfoot or Foster

Papic or Wallace

Bougherra or Mohsni

Weir or McCulloch

Ferguson/Davis or Law

Edu/Thomson or Black/MacLeod

Weiss or Templeton

Mendes/Paralta

Jelavic/Miller/Boyd or Daly/Clark

Naismith/Novo/Lafferty or Sheils

I'm more talking about where they were purchased or loaned from. Many of the title winning players were from other SPL teams and bear in mind that the average standard of player has plummeted for almost all clubs, including the scum. Many SPL players won the SPL for us. We've taken some of the best players from Killie, Hearts and United. We are simply not far away from the current "top standard" which isn't as good as it was.

Our teams often included players like Bartley, Doiuf and McCulloch.

Wallace is unquestionable BTW.

We should win the Championship but I doubt it will be straight forward. Imagine it might go down to the last few games. One thing our manager, coaches and players need to recognise is that, unlike the last 2 seasons, this one is not a given and needs 100% from all involved.

I'm gonna remember these threads for halfway through next season when it rolls over to we had won the Championship before we kicked a ball. I know some "Rangers fans" want to stunt our growth by not signing anyone in the summer but it's going to happen, we have certain players who will leave us and make room for essential first team players.

A good manager could make all the difference next season, if Hearts do get Levien as rumoured then I believe they'll be a step ahead of us in that department

With any luck, a Manager who play's a 5-5-0 is unlikly to trouble us next season.

I think pretty much every Rangers fan is of the opinion that changes have to be made for next season.

Whether that be the manager, the personnel or the tactics..maybe even all 3.

We cannot hope to win the title as easily as we did this season if we carry on with what has been served up this season.

Although the standard isn't anything to be frightened of it's still a step up from the league we are in. And let's not forget we could still see a team like St Mirren, Hibs, Killie or Thistle joining Hearts should they fail in the play offs.

I fully expect Hearts to bring in a few experienced players once they get out of admin as they will feel they can return to the SPFL at the 1st time of asking if they can keep their good crop of youngsters together.

Like i said changes will have to be made if we are to win this league and return to the SPFL.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Not St Mirren, Hibs, Killie or Thistle?

This team would win it. Would the other teams, if they were Rangers, win it? I would keep Ally for at least another season, and if there is to be changes they can only be made properly with a true Rangers perspective of being in the Top League, with Europe to play for etc. The team of the last two seasons, and the team of next season will not be anywhere near what a Rangers team would be playing at the top. So next season will probably be more of the same till that happens.

Some very overconfident bears on here today, remember we are starting with a hadicap next season, McCoist is still there.

I genuinly believe we'll struggle if this season is anything to go by, these plucky 1-0 defeats or 1-1 draws WILL turn into defeats under Ally, IMHO.

I've no doubt the current players would win the league next year . Problem is that we have too many players that played better under their previous manager than they have under Ally . So we need someone else to get the best out of them.

I keep thinking back to when Souness first came and although he bought Woods , Butcher , and later , Roberts - what was more important was how he changed players , that were already there , into winners. Guys like Durrant , Ferguson , McMinn , Coops , Frazer ,Munro , McPherson and Fleck went , in a matter of months , from floundering fifth in the league , to being mainstays in a championship winning team for the first time in 9 years .

The majority of the players are here , we just need someone to bring it out and let them express themselves .

I've no doubt the current players would win the league next year . Problem is that we have too many players that played better under their previous manager than they have under Ally . So we need someone else to get the best out of them.

I keep thinking back to when Souness first came and although he bought Woods , Butcher , and later , Roberts - what was more important was how he changed players , that were already there , into winners. Guys like Durrant , Ferguson , McMinn , Coops , Frazer ,Munro , McPherson and Fleck went , in a matter of months , from floundering fifth in the league , to being mainstays in a championship winning team for the first time in 9 years .

The majority of the players are here , we just need someone to bring it out and let them express themselves .

Why does everyone forget Colin West? ;)

5084351-large.jpg

Ask any manager in the Championship next year if they would swap their squad and wage budget with ours.

How many do you honestly think would say no?

I would also wager that every other manager in the championship would win the league with our squad and our resources,

If you are actually saying that Rangers will not win the championship next season then that says it all about our current manager.