McCoist set for budget showdown with Graham Wallace

Bothwellbear

This just shows how poorly Ally is seen as manager, the fans saying they don't want any kind of transfer budget given to the manager. When does that ever happen? The first budget that should be looked at is management wages, as I don't see how we are being fairly compensated for paying Ally 400;000 annually. I'd say around 60 thousand would be enough for a championship manager.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stb that's quite poor mate. A lot of us need the 4monthly plan as we cant afford 400+ coming out of a wage when we have bills, waens etc. Between the board and ally they are lucky folk are even discussing renewing in all honesty we are a shambles

I know all that mate I was being a bit flippant, but there's a lot being made about the review dates and season ticket dates. Truth is it'll likely be in the eye of the beholder how good or bad it is, with most of us not really being business folk some of it may not even be so easy to understand, some stuff may even have legal issues.

I believe if people think renewing is right they should, and the four monthly option is there even with the earlier deadline. I can't stand the football but I just don't think the club on the whole can afford to have fans walking away right now so I will most likely renew.

All valid and fair points mate. If Ally is to stay manager then a think a small budget for players like McLean should be given.

I think we need to have a year of very limited spending, we've wasted too much in the lower leagues and yes the board should not have allowed that. Players need to go but that's mostly going to involve pay-offs again so more money to be spent. Even with a small budget can we really trust Ally with it? Naturally when we're back to the top flight we'll need some players in whoever is manager.

I know I said i'd like money spent on scouting but that's what should be a very long term investment so worth it imo.

What a special club we are!

"Supporters" insisting on a business review before deciding to follow their team by buying season tickets which traditionally the club through the following season.

"Supporters" insisting a purchase is a loan.

"Supporters" delighting in trying to bring their club to its knees.

Old fashioned me still thinking that supporting Rangers was a way of life and going to our games no matter what,regardless of what board was in charge, what manager was in charge and through the good and bad in terms of success.

"Follow we will", now seems to be dependant on sub clauses according to some on here.

I totally agree but David Murray, Craig Whyte, Charles Green and the Union of Fans put paid to that.

we disagree the manager is the core problem. He needs to go yes. It will not solve the problems. No manager will come in and run the club with no budgets for scouting or development or any idea of whether he can sign players. You always want to wait. Waiting is harming us more than anything else. You seem to be of the belief removing mccoist will solve all our ills. It wont it will merely paper over the cracks. If your board need 5 months to decide the basics then hell mend you when it all comes tumbling down.

they are not trying to build a balance they are spending as little as possible that is not balance. They deem their little perks more important than scouting. You reap what you sow.

992m29.jpg

we disagree the manager is the core problem. He needs to go yes. It will not solve the problems. No manager will come in and run the club with no budgets for scouting or development or any idea of whether he can sign players. You always want to wait. Waiting is harming us more than anything else. You seem to be of the belief removing mccoist will solve all our ills. It wont it will merely paper over the cracks. If your board need 5 months to decide the basics then hell mend you when it all comes tumbling down.

they are not trying to build a balance they are spending as little as possible that is not balance. They deem their little perks more important than scouting. You reap what you sow.

I could try and give another proper reply to all that but you're obviously so ingrained in this agenda it's pointless.

I think we need to have a year of very limited spending, we've wasted too much in the lower leagues and yes the board should not have allowed that. Players need to go but that's mostly going to involve pay-offs again so more money to be spent. Even with a small budget can we really trust Ally with it? Naturally when we're back to the top flight we'll need some players in whoever is manager.

I know I said i'd like money spent on scouting but that's what should be a very long term investment so worth it imo.

A know what you mean about wasting enough but players like McLean or Hutchison for nothing at a decent age with potential sell on value should be what we are looking at and a know we sadly haven't.

A know what you mean about wasting enough but players like McLean or Hutchison for nothing at a decent age with potential sell on value should be what we are looking at and a know we sadly haven't.

I had high hopes for Clark in this regard, he wouldn't be the first player to decline under this management but I guess he could have been a bit of a one hit wonder last season

I wouldn't give him anything.

I'd be telling him to pick from the youth squad and if he wants to buy new players then he can sell some of the useless idiots we have already. Sell a few players and bring in one good player. Need the trim down and strengthen this first team.

If any current players want to get their contracts renewed (not sure who's are ending in summer) then they need to accept a wage cut or they can just leave.

Don't disagree other than the selling of players ---- we have a bunch of players that nobody will buy so selling is not an option. Can we give them away???

Only thing they should all get is there P45, that includes the board. They all will at some point and take all the st money with them.

So after you have sacked the manager, the whole first team and the board, how do you plan to run the club??? You're like the chicken I had for lunch - a fukkin roaster.