Your England World Cup Squad

GKs - Hart, Foster, Forster.

LBs - Baines, Shaw.

RBs - Johnson, Walker.

CBs - Cahill, Jagielka, Caulker. Jones.

RW - Sterling, Oxlaid-Chamberlain.

LW - Lallana, Johnson.

CM - Gerrard, Wilshire, Milner, Henderson.

FW - Rooney, Sturridge, Lambert, Carroll.

The one player you wish was available is John Terry. Not only could he link up with his club mate Cahill, he's also having a fantastic season.

We'll be lucky to escape the group, but I'd tell England to play with a bit of flare, entertain and if we go down, go fighting.

Starting XI

Hart

Baines

Jagielka

Cahill

Jones

Lallana

Gerrard

Wilshire

Sterling

Rooney

Sturridge

4-5-1-1

Would be shocked if Lampard got left out

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why it's my squad, mate. Fantastic player having indifferent form and I'm sick of the Lampard/Gerrard paradigm.

No matter who you pick though the reality is most likely the usual turgid displays and early exits.

I know mate just saying I don't think your squad is far off the mark apart from Lampard, Hodgson seems to favour Smalling as well so probably him over Caulker.

I think Hodgson has said in a couple of interview that England will go for it so we'll see, really they could do with at least a point on day one or there's the concern of elimination with a game to spare as Costa Rica isn't till the last day I think?

I know mate just saying I don't think your squad is far off the mark apart from Lampard, Hodgson seems to favour Smalling as well so probably him over Caulker.

I think Hodgson has said in a couple of interview that England will go for it so we'll see, really they could do with at least a point on day one or there's the concern of elimination with a game to spare as Costa Rica isn't till the last day I think?

Smelling and Cleverly are two players who puzzle me. How they're top flight players I'll never know. They should be kept well away from the England squad.

I hope Woy does send them out to attack. I think it's fairly well accepted we're on a hiding to nothing so he really has nothing to lose asking Englans to attack and enjoy their football.

Also, irrespective of the season Gerrard's having, if Liverpool drop the title then I'd drop him. His head will hardly be in Rio. Huddleston as backup with Wilshire/Henderson starting.

Smelling and Cleverly are two players who puzzle me. How they're top flight players I'll never know. They should be kept well away from the England squad.

I hope Woy does send them out to attack. I think it's fairly well accepted we're on a hiding to nothing so he really has nothing to lose asking Englans to attack and enjoy their football.

Also, irrespective of the season Gerrard's having, if Liverpool drop the title then I'd drop him. His head will hardly be in Rio. Huddleston as backup with Wilshire/Henderson starting.

They're two players who looked quite impressive when first breaking into the Man Utd team but not really developed since.

Most think England are on a hiding to nothing but it'll probably only take one positive result to get people wondering again. :lol: Not sure I agree about Gerrard, whatever happens with Liverpool this is surely his last shot at an international tournament, can't see him being distracted from that. Having Huddlestone in there is a very good shout though.

Highly underrated is Tom Huddleston.

This is probably Gerrard's last chance as force to win the league. An midfield mastodon but like all greats powers fade. If that title ends up in west-London *spits* or Manchester the man will be distraught and that will be incredibly hard to get over.

Missus is a Micky so I hope they win the league on that basis. I quite like Man City too, always got on with them.

I don't see how this England team is weaker than the sides they had for the last 2 tournaments (euros and World Cup). They have far more many players on form this year (mostly due to Liverpool), whilst players like baines and sturridge could be argued to be almost world class currently.

Think England will make semis, this is a team this year, rather than a bunch of individuals

England will get nowhere near the semis,bud.

Very average squad with an average manager.

And,classing Sturridge as world class is laughable.He's very wasteful in front of goal and I could name 30/40 better strikers off the top of my head.

My money will be on England failing to get out their group(no penalties this year!)

Obviously won't be included in this WC squad but I think Chambers at Southampton is another potentially world-class full back. Will be England's right back in the next few years IMO.

He wont even be Southhamptons right back in a few years he and James Ward-Prowse will be their centre midfielders Nathianal Clyne is going to be the right back there for years

GK's:

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

DF's:

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

MF's:

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

FW's:

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

Nicky Law

I would go with this 11 :

Hart

Flanagan Cahill Jagielka Baines

Henderson Barkley

Sterling Rooney Lallana

Sturridge

England should just concede a WC and give their youth a chance. Let's face it, it's hardly conceding it anyway.

Hart, Foster, Ruddy

Johnson, Baines, Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Cahill, Jagielka

Gerrard, Lampard, Henderson, Wilshere, Milner, Sterling, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana

Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Lambert

According to the Mail on Sunday