Hibs and Hearts next season?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the play offs work the exact same way as the play offs down south until you get to the top league where they make it harder for teams to go up and make it easier for the SPL side. Who thinks this pish up? Scottish football really is a laughing stock.

The play offs down south only involve teams in the division below e.g. 3 v 6 & 4 v 5

Always wanted Hibs down to make it a better league next season. League One was too much of a canter.

And Hibs/Killie should have gone into a straight knock out semi-final set up, not this silly one game QF and one game SF.

The Hearts side that people have been worrying about next season getting pumped at home from Partick

No-ones worried about Hearts, it's the clueless guy in our dugout were worried about.

Always wanted Hibs down to make it a better league next season. League One was too much of a canter.

And Hibs/Killie should have gone into a straight knock out semi-final set up, not this silly one game QF and one game SF.

I reckon Killie will get the point they need and hibs go into playoff, accies will beat them and go up

I wouldn't put it past Hibs to deliberately get themselves relegated! I mean look at the revenue they would gain from parachute payments, full stadiums, tv etc next year compared to the one horse race?

I posted pretty much the same in a different thread yesterday mate, I totally agree with you.

I'm still convinced that Hibs are TRYING to get relegated!

Stay in a sponsor-less one horse race that is the SPFL and watch their crowds dwindle every week with no games against Hearts, no games against Rangers??

No hope of competing against a slightly resurgent Aberdeen & Dundee Utd, not forgetting a half decent Motherwell side.

Or

Simply drop like a stone down the table and put yourself into a position to get relegated down to what's going to be a pretty competitive Championship, keeping your money spinning games against Hearts & Rangers, not forgetting increased crowds as they should be winning against the smaller teams.

I don't think hibs have the money to survive another season without Rangers & Hearts games to create much needed income.

Also, while I'm having my cynical rant, do you think hearts will actually be trying tonight against Partick Thistle? Knowing fine well that 3 points for Partick would significantly put hibs in serious trouble & possibly helping to relegate them down into the same league as themselves...

Am I mad? Paranoid? Or just cynical?

I posted pretty much the same in a different thread yesterday mate, I totally agree with you.

I'm still convinced that Hibs are TRYING to get relegated!

Stay in a sponsor-less one horse race that is the SPFL and watch their crowds dwindle every week with no games against Hearts, no games against Rangers??

No hope of competing against a slightly resurgent Aberdeen & Dundee Utd, not forgetting a half decent Motherwell side.

Or

Simply drop like a stone down the table and put yourself into a position to get relegated down to what's going to be a pretty competitive Championship, keeping your money spinning games against Hearts & Rangers, not forgetting increased crowds as they should be winning against the smaller teams.

I don't think hibs have the money to survive another season without Rangers & Hearts games to create much needed income.

Also, while I'm having my cynical rant, do you think hearts will actually be trying tonight against Partick Thistle? Knowing fine well that 3 points for Partick would significantly put hibs in serious trouble & possibly helping to relegate them down into the same league as themselves...

Am I mad? Paranoid? Or just cynical?

If this is true, I hope Hibs stay up! Don't want them getting their grubby hands on the Rangers pound sooner than needs be.

Hearts are still in administration and have no target to come out of it yet so they might not be able to sign any players till January. Hivs have a lot of debts after building new stands going down will mean lower league football for many years to come.

Was against Hivs going down due to the money they would make but think it would be great to hammer both these teams and leave them in the championship while we get back to the top.

Hearts are still in administration and have no target to come out of it yet so they might not be able to sign any players till January. Hivs have a lot of debts after building new stands going down will mean lower league football for many years to come.

Was against Hivs going down due to the money they would make but think it would be great to hammer both these teams and leave them in the championship while we get back to the top.

Does that mean Hearts would suffer another points deduction if they are in admin at the start of next season?

Does that mean Hearts would suffer another points deduction if they are in admin at the start of next season?

They should but probably wont as in the case of Dunfermline last season when they did not exit admin till around November time.

Excuse given was that they had a cva agreed in principle even though they still faced potential liquidation. Hearts could still be in admin in 18 months time and no penalty will be given to them as they claim they have agreed a cva.

I wouldn't put it past Hibs to deliberately get themselves relegated! I mean look at the revenue they would gain from parachute payments, full stadiums, tv etc next year compared to the one horse race?

I know a fair few Falkirk fans and they are not too dissappointed if they stay where they are.What with Rangers,Hearts and esp. Dunfermline in the league.....

I hate the thought of proping up the Edinburgh terrible twins but love the thought of Dungcastor and co getting screwed

I also think it would be more competitive than some of us imagine and certainly the most exciting league, first season since that awful day i am excited