The Miller Situation

Obviously the rags are rarely to be believed but the Record's article listed specifics and it did seem legit. Only nobody else has reported on it. No club statement either.

I thought he had actually signed yesterday, and it made me think - although I really don't know how good Kenny would be for us this time round - that it was kind of exciting having him back at Ibrox. I question whether that's just nostalgia or whether his experience and presence really would be an asset for where we are at currently.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people can complain about age/sell-on value/wages etc. however, if we can get these two in at a reasonable wage I'll be happy. It should massively help our cup run and if we hit form we could potentially win the Scottish Cup next year with these two at the front. I've sat at Ibrox and watched some ridiculous misses this season and you do think to yourself, so and so would have buried that!

It must be frustrating for Ally more than most, knowing that he would have put the majority of those chances away.

the wishful thinking is over in tems of a squad of young players developing together, so looking at it pragmatically, and given the fact we have no scouting network, it makes sense from Allys perspective to go with the familiar - and Miller and Boyd fit the bill perfectly in that respect.

So they will do a job - but these signings are symptomatic of the serious footballing issues at the core of the club.

the wishful thinking is over in tems of a squad of young players developing together, so looking at it pragmatically, and given the fact we have no scouting network, it makes sense from Allys perspective to go with the familiar - and Miller and Boyd fit the bill perfectly in that respect.

So they will do a job - but these signings are symptomatic of the serious footballing issues at the core of the club.

Both are short term solutions to long term issues and we can't continue to operate like this!

Both are short term solutions to long term issues and we can't continue to operate like this!

People keep saying it was ok to release Little because he didnt have what it takes long term to be at Rangers.....Well neither does Kenny Miller and I'd say even more so than Little.

The way our club operates is a joke and no wonder them across the city are pishing themselves laughing at us.

Miller is finished and if he does come it just shows how backwards and talentless our manager really is.

Boyd I'd accept but a soon to be 35 year old Kenny Miller?

Fuck off

I tend to agree with both comments

Hopefully we get him and Boyd for some much needed know how.With Hutchinson and Gunning shoring up the defence,we should be well covered to push on and win the Championship.

If you think we will get those 4 you live in the clouds.

Miller is finished and if he does come it just shows how backwards and talentless our manager really is.

Fuck off

Have to agree with this but the old pals act regime comes to mind (tu)

Hopefully we get him and Boyd for some much needed know how.With Hutchinson and Gunning shoring up the defence,we should be well covered to push on and win the Championship.

Gunning is average at best and we don't need to overload the squad when we should be giving our youngsters a chance. If we got scott Allan, Hutchison and a pacy striker (35 year old Kenny miller need not apply) then that is more than enough supplemented by youngsters like gasparato, Gallagher and Murdoch.

Miller and Boyd no brainer in our current situation.Available , free and guarantee of goals energy and experience.And most importantly less chance of the tree getting a game.

And giving Nicky clark the benefit of their experience.

Fuck off

This (tu)

And giving Nicky clark the benefit of their experience.

Miller would almost certianly mean Clarke is benched, so I don't think thats going to help his 'development'....

It would just be typical McCoist/Rangers to stunt the growth of a talented youngster just to accomidate an old flame who is long past his sell by day like Miller.

I know what will happen and that sickens me.

Miller denied any deal had been done, although did say he hadn't spoke to us "yet".

That was creative journalism.

He actually says that he hasn't spoken to anyone yet. When BBC et al took the quote out of context it looks like the 'yet' was addressed to Rangers.

Miller is fit and fast and would run defenders ragged in the championship, he has bags of experience and a proven internationalist who not to long ago gave the engerlund defenders a torrid time and scored a great goal so for the right price i would have him back in a minute.

Boyd is lazy but always has been however he can score goals so for two seasons to get us back to the top then these two could do a job for us, also both are better than Daly and Little.