Why McCoist prefers seasoned players

Ok just in from the pub - and your effort requires a decent reply - but I canne be arsed trying to type it on the iPhone - is be here all night - I'll respond when I'm at my PC tomorrow. Gd night x

'Canae be arsed' :lol:

Aye ok.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ain't getting finedc£50m and a restricted squad in the CL because they can afford it! They broke the FFP rules

they have allegedly breached ffp rules yes but you claimed they have been using an illegal budget , so do you have proof or were u just spouting shite

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Fucked out the Champions League by Malmo

Fucked out the Europa League by Maribor

Humiliated in the League cup by Falkirk

Embarrassed by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Season 2

Humiliated by QOTS in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Humiliated by Inverness in the League Cup

Season 3

Humiliated by Raith in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Forfar in the League Cup

Fucked out by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. AGAIN.

Signings

Success, failure or neither(imo)

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bartley F(played out of position)

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

He deemed Weiss not good enough but signed Celik, Bedoya, McKay and Ortiz in the same position.

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Not one good signing that summer

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Turgid, unattractive, hard to watch, route one, pathetic.

Developing youngsters:

In his three years he's only regularly played Aird and Macleod. Aird is average at best and he's ruining Macleod by playing him out of position.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud.

Now after reading that can you give me some reasons why he should stay?

Perfectly put (tu) Any chance someone can get this to Graham Wallace?

Ally's planning may be of the very short term variety, but he is far from alone in that. In both the pure financial and football asset terms, the short-termism has been present from the top down.

It's no surprise that the management above the football department allowed them to go practically unchecked.

It's symptomatic of a system malaise of fiscal indiscipline from top to bottom of the organisation.

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

He deemed Weiss not good enough but signed Celik, Bedoya, McKay and Ortiz in the same position.

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

In his three years he's only regularly played Aird and Macleod. Aird is average at best and he's ruining Macleod by playing him out of position.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud.

Far too many facts and common sense. All you will get in reply is poor Ally..budget restraints, administration, changing boards...in other words excuses.

The Raith game was and should have been the final nail in his coffin.

He lines up with 2 defensive midfielders and players carrying injuries...Daly and Black. Scared of Raith Rovers in a one off final and proceeded to watch his players play route one football to a lumbering and immobile striker.

A striker i may add who had only scored 1 goal in the previous 10 games. Playing in a turgid and uninspiring style of play.

That defeat should have seen him booted out the job but because of his salary and pay off conditions we can't afford to ..and he knows it.

I long for the day we replace him with someone who can actually inspire the players and the fans to better things.

Far too many facts and common sense. All you will get in reply is poor Ally..budget restraints, administration, changing boards...in other words excuses.

The Raith game was and should have been the final nail in his coffin.

He lines up with 2 defensive midfielders and players carrying injuries...Daly and Black. Scared of Raith Rovers in a one off final and proceeded to watch his players play route one football to a lumbering and immobile striker.

A striker i may add who had only scored 1 goal in the previous 10 games. Playing in a turgid and uninspiring style of play.

That defeat should have seen him booted out the job but because of his salary and pay off conditions we can't afford to ..and he knows it.

I long for the day we replace him with someone who can actually inspire the players and the fans to better things.

(tu)

While Ally remians in charge we will always be a mess on the park.

Players know he is a walk over and doesnt dare drop his wee pals so it's just never going to improve.

No wonder some youths want out, the guys a dud.

(tu)

While Ally remians in charge we will always be a mess on the park.

Players know he is a walk over and doesnt dare drop his wee pals so it's just never going to improve.

No wonder some youths want out, the guys a dud.

I could kind of accept the previous failings but that was the ultimate humiliation under McCoist.

Scared of Raith Rovers in a cup final and playing players who were clearly not match fit.

That result alone should have seen him given his P45 but far too many fans now accept mediocrity and embarrassment these days.

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

Very well summed up mate, you have put down on paper the reality of the calibre of Manager we have in charge of our Club, Durrant and McDowall must go with him. (tu)

Very well summed up mate, you have put down on paper the reality of the calibre of Manager we have in charge of our Club, Durrant and McDowall must go with him. (tu)

McDowall is the only one who has proved he knows how to coach. Highly rated at the filth for bringing on and developing their youth teams.

We then bring him to Ibrox and ignore his strengths to become a 2st team coach.

If i was making changes the 1st one i would do is give McDowall the run of Auchenhowie in place of Sinclair and use his talents properly.

One game :lol: - lets ignore the league, or getting to the semi final of the SC or even the fact we got to the final against RR. Lets ignore taht the odd defeat happens in cup football - its why we love the cup games BUT hard to be on the losing side admitedly.

Clueless and out of our depth is a section of our support who have no eference point of Rangers in the lower league, but who think its easy - as cup games have proved its never THAT easy - but despite all that we romped the two leagues - anger - lets direct it at those who pop their heads above the parapets - Ally you'll do!

You seem to forget we are playing postmen, painter and decorators, plumbers, office workers etc, they work 9-5 Mon - Fri , games through the week they come from work and play for there team. Winning the League is not an achievement when we are full time have ex Top SPL Players who were players of the year for there ex clubs, we have facilities second to none. The league was won before a ball was kicked.

We beat Falkirk, Dunfermline, Albion Rovers (2nd attempt) to get to Scottish Cup Semi Final.

We couldn't beat a mediocre Championship side Raith Rovers in the Ramsdens Cup Final over 120 mins. It wasn't the fact we got beat i can accept defeat if our team goes out and plays with a philosophy and our players are up for a cup final, and Ally seems to accept it is ok having his Karaoke party after the defeat.

How you can accept McCoist is doing a great job is beyond me and 99% bears i have spoke to can't be wrong.

You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In the cups:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Signings

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Developing youngsters:

Overall:

Be interesting to see how RM's very own Sue Barker comes back to this.

Can't be bothered going through on my phone to find the original post to quote but that post from USA Ger is pretty much spot on.

It was never a 15 point lead though it was 9, the mhanks had 2 games in hand so let's not give them too much credit.

Also thought the "N" for Goian was a bit harsh I liked him but that's all down to opinions I suppose.

They ain't getting finedc£50m and a restricted squad in the CL because they can afford it! They broke the FFP rules

They're not getting fined £50m and a restricted squad. Not yet at least.

That's a preliminary punishment that they can respond to and negotiate, it may end up a lower punishment than that.

In years to come we will look back at this journey as a missed opportunity both on and off the park. I remember Ally giving an interview saying he wanted to follow the Ajax and Porto model and when we were back in the Premiership these kids would have 50 to 100 games experience.

The failure to blood the young players this season was absolutely laughable. The league was won by October and the tired excuse of trying to go unbeaten in the league didn't wash with anyone. I have yet to meet a Rangers fan who was celebrating at going unbeaten against part time teams.

What incentive is there for young players like Gallagher, Gasparotto, Halkett, Murdoch, Telfer and others who are doing well for the under-20s when they see the same players playing every week in spite of piss-poor performances?

Make no mistake this was the year before we got into the Championship to properly blood these players and we failed. Add to that the awful football on show and it's no wonder people are thinking twice about renewing. Even with all the off-field problems we are having I think a lot of fans would be giving it serious thoughts about signing up for another season of long balls and missing out the midfield. It was painful to watch at times.

He hasn't been helped by the lack of a scouting system but even still Ally has signed these players and many of them have been going backwards since they joined. The likes of Shiels, Law and Templeton look half the players they were when they joined us.

It's because it's an easy option with fewer risks on the field in his eyes.

Don't agree Bro, the Hearts and Dundee Utd managers are not under any pressure to win leagues,and next year challenge the scum so they can play the youngsters without fear.