Players we've changed the position of and have flourished?

You're right, however the vast majority of players have a strongest position and you see clubs mainly trying to use them there.

Without a doubt it helps to be flexible but most of the time you'd want a player playing in his most natural position would you not?

Of course but then it's down to team squad dynamic - the team / squad is much more important than any single individual playing 'out' of position. Take Lewis Macleod and Nicky law - and Black - if all 3 are fit IMHO the only place Lewis gets a game is wide of those two - that may change as Lewis develops but it's a valid example of the team > individual

Rangers, and particularly Walter, have always had the tendency to play our young centre backs at full back to blood them in first team. Craig Moore, Alan Hutton, Davie McPherson, Scott Nisbett, Kirk Broadfoot all come to mind.

Having seen the abuse the above have taken from some fans during their early years at Ibrox, I can't say I blame the management for playing them in what might be seen as the slightly safer position of full back.

Of course but then it's down to team squad dynamic - the team / squad is much more important than any single individual playing 'out' of position. Take Lewis Macleod and Nicky law - and Black - if all 3 are fit IMHO the only place Lewis gets a game is wide of those two - that may change as Lewis develops but it's a valid example of the team > individual

Very true mate I have to agree on tgatand in fact when he played there him and Wallace IMO were our most effective pairing.

I suppose you could take it further and say look at arguably the 2 vest players in the world in recent years Ronaldo and Messi,both were more natural "wide" me n and have proved they ate more than capable anywhere up top and it fits their respective teams.

I think he was wildly overrated tbh.

I think he was a very good player for us, but some fans took it a bit far with what level he could play at in the EPL for example.

But in relation to the thread, I think he was better in CM than out wide.

When Dick Advocat played Neil McCann through the middle at the piggery it had devastating effects, He also played Tugay as a sweeper against Galatasary (I think) in the C/L worked pretty well but dont think he did it again, shame had potential.

You might laugh at this, but Eck playing Bob Malcolm in holding midfielder role couple of times worked imo, harshly judged by some

Very true mate I have to agree on tgatand in fact when he played there him and Wallace IMO were our most effective pairing.

I suppose you could take it further and say look at arguably the 2 vest players in the world in recent years Rinaldo and NeSSI, both were more natural "wide" me n and have proved they ate more than capable anywhere up top and it fits their respective teams.

bound to be wide men if they ate more... Tgatand loyal

Rangers, and particularly Walter, have always had the tendency to play our young centre backs at full back to blood them in first team. Craig Moore, Alan Hutton, Davie McPherson, Scott Nisbett, Kirk Broadfoot all come to mind.

Having seen the abuse the above have taken from some fans during their early years at Ibrox, I can't say I blame the management for playing them in what might be seen as the slightly safer position of full back.

I remember Gough being forced to fullback just to get a game, played pretty well when flung upfront too.

Did Vidmar and Porrini not come as cb too?