Scotland fans

Are there any other countries in the world who's fans support their rivals because of this? It just seems really odd. Never really hear of people supporting Wales or NI, or their fans supporting Scotland for that matter.

I don't mind England at all but I don't support them. It sometimes seems like an excuse these days for Scottish Rangers fans to Support England. Even seen people going as far as buying England strips and everything! :anguish:

You'd be surprised about how many English people support NI; Scotland and Wales. I remember when Scotland played Italy in the 2008 World Cup qualifiers where they could have qualified, and in my pub everyone was gutted Scotland failed to make it. Unfortunately, England fans also tend to support the Republic too.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any other countries in the world who's fans support their rivals because of this? It just seems really odd. Never really hear of people supporting Wales or NI, or their fans supporting Scotland for that matter.

I don't mind England at all but I don't support them. It sometimes seems like an excuse these days for Scottish Rangers fans to Support England. Even seen people going as far as buying England strips and everything! :anguish:

The 'rivalry' between Scotland and England really means nothing to me though

English Rangers supporter, but hate the hype in the press/media down here before a major tournament.

Expectation seems unusually understated for Brazil though, which is a welcome change from the usual 'Go on and win it boys' pish.

Hope they do well but not overly bothered if they dont!

Couldn't have put that bdtter myself!!

We fully enjoyed watching Scotland not qualifying for the World Cup (tu)

OP made this thread to have a pop at Scotland fans, actually don't really care how they do but just thought he might have more important things to worry about than Scotland fans, like you know....the world cup? :huh:

Hear this all the time from England fans that say stuff like ''I like to see Scotland doing well'' in a wee brother type of fashion, and how Scots hate England, then get really wound up by a bit of banter.

I know very few scots that dislike English people, but I know plenty that get annoyed enough by the media storm and general arrogance from the media before major tournaments (doesn't seem as bad this year).

I know staunch ''British bulldog'' unionists from Scotland that prefer to see England beat because of this attitude they seem to bring.

OP made this thread to have a pop at Scotland fans, actually don't really care how they do but just thought he might have more important things to worry about than Scotland fans, like you know....the world cup? :huh:

Hear this all the time from England fans that say stuff like ''I like to see Scotland doing well'' in a wee brother type of fashion, and how Scots hate England, then get really wound up by a bit of banter.

I know very few scots that dislike English people, but I know plenty that get annoyed enough by the media storm and general arrogance from the media before major tournaments (doesn't seem as bad this year).

I know staunch ''British bulldog'' unionists from Scotland that prefer to see England beat because of this attitude they seem to bring.

After saying you'll enjoy watching England get knocked out :lol:

To be honest i feel i have a lot more in common with most English people compared to a lot of Scots these days.

Between the tims and the rampant yes voters (dont mind who or what you vote for, but dont fucking plaster it everyone and try to convert people) i dont feel my ideals are compatable with most Scottish people.

To be honest i feel i have a lot more in common with most English people compared to a lot of Scots these days.

Between the tims and the rampant yes voters (dont mind who or what you vote for, but dont fucking plaster it everyone and try to convert people) i dont feel my ideals are compatable with most Scottish people.

We'll see who's ideals are in the majority when Scotland votes no in September

Hope England get pumped good and proper in the summer incidentally

At least they got there.

I fancy england to make the semis, and will be right behind, my 2 boys are as cockney as the bow bells.like uncle roy, love gerrard, and until 11 bears are wearing scotland jerseys, managed by an ex ger, and the tartan army is emptied of rancid rangers haters, then the sfa 11 can fuckin do one.

No Surrender

Rab

I fancy england to make the semis, and will be right behind, my 2 boys are as cockney as the bow bells.like uncle roy, love gerrard, and until 11 bears are wearing scotland jerseys, managed by an ex ger, and the tartan army is emptied of rancid rangers haters, then the sfa 11 can fuckin do one.

No Surrender

Rab

You have to stop posting stuff like this Rab, i'm gonna start liking you soon! :D

The chants of "no tartan army in Brazil" from the UB makes me cringe like fuck. Yas our country never made it to the World Cup let's celebrate!

As i stated earlier in the thread, i no longer feel like Scotland is a country i can affiliate myself to.