Very Sad News

This is terribly sad news. I didn't know Manticore personally but had many exchanges with him on here - one of the very few posters I enjoyed reading. I recall when I was new on the board and we got stuck into each other in the Israel/Palestine thread, his passion and intelligence shone through as it consistently has in every Debating Chamber thread he entered.

RIP Manticore.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was WVB who broke the news to me ECB. I deliberated about the appropriateness of posting anything in the event it may cause some upset, perhaps to family.

However there is a thread on another forum so it seems to be in the public domain.

I laugh when I think back to those old days - Myself, Minstral, WVB Manti and others constantly arguing with that Bauba guy - and admin at that time refusing to accept he was an interloper.

Eventually the roaster outed himself during the Scottish Cup Final against QOS much to our amusement and a massive "Told you so ! " to admin.

Sleep well brother.

Aye, I remember those times well. Bauba and Patrese, pair of clowns.

Still can't believe it bro.

Been following RM as a guest since Feb 2012 & it's with great sadness I registered today to make this my first post.

To show my respect for a man who wasn't only intelligent but a true gent & another true Rangers man who I've had the pleasure of meeting on many trips abroad & sharing a drink with.

I raise a glass to salute another Absent Friend.

RIP Derek

I can't believe what I just read... That is just the saddest, most shocking news I have ever seen on RangersMedia.

He will be sorely missed on here, that is for certain... But not more so than he will be by his family. My thoughts go to them. Peace.

I'm really taken aback by this sad news. Only last week I recall Manti reminiscing about a trip to Bratislava

News like this really puts all our petty sqaubbles on RM into perspective and reminds you there is a real person behind the user name

My sincere condolences to the mans family and friends on RM and real life, rest easy bud

The forum has lost a good and intelligent poster. And from the references above sounds like the world has lost a great bloke.

RIP "Mantidore" Derek.

Nice touch with the wreath Admin, was probably the sort of guy who would have loved that. (tu)