The Kris Boyd Thread

Scored 3 in Europe I think? Never really got much of a chance to anyway as Wattie mostly played 4-5-1.

Also before we even think about septic or Europe we need to beat Hearts & Hibs etc. Not much point in buying players that might come good in 5 years if we can't get promoted into the SPL to qualify for Europe in the first place.

This squad is more than capable of getting past the Championship and into the SPL as it is. So what would be the point in bringing back a striker that could never perform for us against Celtic when we'll most likely be playing Celtic in just over a year's time ? Do we get rid of him when we do get promoted ?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also before we even think about septic or Europe we need to beat Hearts & Hibs etc. Not much point in buying players that might come good in 5 years if we can't get promoted into the SPL to qualify for Europe in the first place.

The two Edinburgh clubs are in total turmoil, pretty sure we'll beat them easily. And so will most clubs in the league.

Problem is there is no long-term vision at our club just now. Investors and board members ripping money out instead of putting it in.

You ask that like the SPL is anything but a below average pub league. Did you ever watch Boyd when he was with us, or even since he's went to Killie ?

Of course I watched Boyd, I watched him every season from the first hat trick to his goal last goal in the Scottish Cup for us. You say that the SPL was no better than a pub league, yet Boyd scored more goals than any other Striker that played in it. Do you want a little reminder of some of the vast sums of Money we spent (not to mention the taigs as well) on strikers that couldn't get a sniff of the tally he did. He cost us 400k and his goals alone were worth every penny. Did you have that same shite attitude of him when he came on in the Scottish Cup Final when we were 2-1 down against Dundee United with a minute on the clock and he scored a couple to win us the game ? no you forgot all about that didn't you ?

This squad is more than capable of getting past the Championship and into the SPL as it is. So what would be the point in bringing back a striker that could never perform for us against Celtic when we'll most likely be playing Celtic in just over a year's time ? Do we get rid of him when we do get promoted ?

To win the SPL you need to beat every other team not just septic. We could hump them 4 times and still not win the SPL if we lost 4 times against St midden or whoever say.

Would rather Boyd scored 40 goals against every other team and none against them than him scoring 5 against them and none against the other sides.

Because there will be more teams than just Celtic in the league?

A season ticket holder from Ayrshire who used to be a very prominent poster on here a wee while ago. He's usually pretty spot on with things like this so we'll see..

Defo a lie! Cos we don't do Season Tickets anymore........

Of course I watched Boyd, I watched him every season from the first hat trick to his goal last goal in the Scottish Cup for us. You say that the SPL was no better than a pub league, yet Boyd scored more goals than any other Striker that played in it. Do you want a little reminder of some of the vast sums of Money we spent (not to mention the taigs as well) on strikers that couldn't get a sniff of the tally he did. He cost us 400k and his goals alone were worth every penny. Did you have that same shite attitude of him when he came on in the Scottish Cup Final when we were 2-1 down against Dundee United with a minute on the clock and he scored a couple to win us the game ? no you forgot all about that didn't you ?

No, I remember that well being at the game and all that. It's irrelevant now though. You're talk about him becoming the all time top goal scorer is still ridiculous however. Yes, he is the all time top goal scorer but that's mostly due to the fact any decent striker worth their salt was only here for a couple of seasons before ditching the piss-poor standard and heading south.

To win the SPL you need to beat every other team not just septic. We could hump them 4 times and still not win the SPL if we lost 4 times against St midden or whoever say.

Would rather Boyd scored 40 goals against every other team and none against them than him scoring 5 against them and none against the other sides.

Boyd will be 31 by then, I doubt he'll be able to put 40 in the top league at that point unless he's surrounded by quality players, which he wont be.

The two Edinburgh clubs are in total turmoil, pretty sure we'll beat them easily. And so will most clubs in the league.

Problem is there is no long-term vision at our club just now. Investors and board members ripping money out instead of putting it in.

If truth be told we are not exactly the most stable club ourselves at the minute.

Yeah we can hump these 2 teams with the players we have now but why not sign a guy who will score a minimum of 30 goals next season to help us out?

Boyd will be 31 by then, I doubt he'll be able to put 40 in the top league at that point unless he's surrounded by quality players, which he wont be.

Boyd scored 25 in a rubbish Kiliie side last season the rest of the squad only got 20 goals between them in the entire league season.

If he can do that for them he can do it for us.

No, I remember that well being at the game and all that. It's irrelevant now though. You're talk about him becoming the all time top goal scorer is still ridiculous however. Yes, he is the all time top goal scorer but that's mostly due to the fact any decent striker worth their salt was only here for a couple of seasons before ditching the piss-poor standard and heading south.

Again, selective memory.

Hartson costs 6 Million Stayed 5 Seasons Scored 88 Goals

Sutton Cost 6 Million Stayed 5 Season Scored 63 Goals

Boyd Cost 400k Stayed only 4 Seasons for us 101 Goals (for us)

Now that is not average, and it's not ridiculous either, it's just facts.

Why do people not like facts on this forum ?

If truth be told we are not exactly the most stable club ourselves at the minute.

Yeah we can hump these 2 teams with the players we have now but why not sign a guy who will score a minimum of 30 goals next season to help us out?

Yeah, it just seems like we're living from day to day tho. I want something better.

Boyd scored 25 in a rubbish Kiliie side last season the rest of the squad only got 20 goals between them in the entire league season.

If he can do that for them he can do it for us.

Far more pressure for him at Rangers though, especially in what will be the poorest top flight Rangers team we've ever witnessed.

Again, selective memory.

Hartson costs 6 Million Stayed 5 Seasons Scored 88 Goals

Sutton Cost 6 Million Stayed 5 Season Scored 63 Goals

Boyd Cost 400k Stayed only 4 Seasons for us 101 Goals (for us)

Now that is not average, and it's not ridiculous either, it's just facts.

Why do people not like facts on this forum ?

Boyd was in the SPL 9 seasons, 8 as a first team player before he became leading scorer. Yes, why don't people like facts ?

Far more pressure for him at Rangers though, especially in what will be the poorest top flight Rangers team we've ever witnessed.

True but doubtful we could afford anyone who could bang in more SPL goals than Boyd next season and the players we have now won't score more than Boyd so I can't see a down side myself.

88 goals in his time at Killie proves he can score even in poor teams.

A season ticket holder from Ayrshire who used to be a very prominent poster on here a wee while ago. He's usually pretty spot on with things like this so we'll see..

Aye! the booler was always good for a wee joke :000000082:

Boyd was in the SPL 9 seasons, 8 as a first team player before he became leading scorer. Yes, why don't people like facts ?

I didn't mention the amount of seasons he didn't play with us, I proved beyond any doubt that he was not average as a striker, the point you decided to question me on.

I then proved that your "anyone decent player moved down south after a season or two" was not quite correct as his goal tally (just to remind you that is what we signed him for, to score goals) is higher than players who cost a hell of a lot more than him and who had a lot of better players along side them.

I didn't question the amount of games he played to become the top SPL scorer, mainly that it wasn't average or ridiculous to suggest that he should quite rightly be remembered for that, and the amount of goals he scored for us.

So you don't rate Boyd, so fuck I couldn't care less, but don't rubbish the guy and make out that anyone could do it, I have proven quite clearly that, they couldn't and they didn't.

I didn't mention the amount of seasons he didn't play with us, I proved beyond any doubt that he was not average as a striker, the point you decided to question me on.

I then proved that your "anyone decent player moved down south after a season or two" was not quite correct as his goal tally (just to remind you that is what we signed him for, to score goals) is higher than players who cost a hell of a lot more than him and who had a lot of better players along side them.

I didn't question the amount of games he played to become the top SPL scorer, mainly that it wasn't average or ridiculous to suggest that he should quite rightly be remembered for that, and the amount of goals he scored for us.

So you don't rate Boyd, so fuck I couldn't care less, but don't rubbish the guy and make out that anyone could do it, I have proven quite clearly that, they couldn't and they didn't.

*drops the mic*

Good post mate :lol: