The Kris Boyd Thread

Boyd likely would do a job next season like Miller but it's very depressing for us to be returning to the strike partnership of four years ago.

yeah its pure depressibg bringing in an international striker and the all time top goalscorer in the top flight of the country we play in.

Gutted so am ur. :P

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For where we currently stand, Boyd would be a clever signing.

It is hard to take being a Gers fan at this juncture.

Journeymen to the left journeymen to the right, a 29 year old St Mirren player with dodgy knees.

We are where we are but Boyd is a no brainer in our current predicament.

Another imaginative signing. ? The reality of signing Miller and possibly Boyd only further highlights Allys problem in identifying a player.

And I must also point the finger at our coaching staff,they have had two years out of the top league to coach and mould a youngster into a top player and to have failed to do so to the extent that we are buying our own old players is a sad indictment of their lack of coaching ability!

The youngster first has to have the talent to be able to be 'molded' into a top player. We want exceptional young players, not just good ones. Probably the reason only a few teenagers have made it into the first team recently is that they are the only ones good enough.

Ally wouldn't choose Telfer over Miller because we all know Miller will do a better job over the next two years. These kids are not clay that can be molded into a great player just by coaching. Telfer simply wasn't good enough to earn a regular first team place for us. Maybe he'll be good enough for Scumdee Utd, but we'll soon leapfrog them again in a couple of years and claim our rightful place above them. Telfer chose 2nd best. Good luck to him.

You seemed depressed enough after the Ramsdens Final, easily forgotten clearly though ;)

i have forgotton nothing. And yes i was gutted.

but it is what it is and we are where we are

id much rather be a bit optimistic and look for positives, than be depressed all the time.

and just what does the ramsdens have to do with boyd and miller?

i have forgotton nothing. And yes i was gutted.

but it is what it is and we are where we are

id much rather be a bit optimistic and look for positives, than be depressed all the time.

and just what does the ramsdens have to do with boyd and miller?

I'm only saying I don't see what's really happened since that game to really make us optimistic

I'm only saying I don't see what's really happened since that game to really make us optimistic

we have improved our strike force. We have improved our defence. We are moving up a league and have some good games to look forward to again.

And i am generally an optimistic person.

we have improved our strike force. We have improved our defence. We are moving up a league and have some good games to look forward to again.

And i am generally an optimistic person.

I will get really excited if Boyd signs. Despite people on here trying their best to be negative about them, I can see Miller and Boyd tearing it up next season.

Henrik Larsson – 221 games in 7 years, with 174 goals for Celtic

31.5 games per year

24.8 goals per year

Kris Boyd – 143 games in 4 years, with 101 goals for Rangers

35.75 games per year

25.5 goals per year

The difference, beyond the obvious? Larsson is seen as a God for them lot and Boyd is seen like a waster to some Rangers fans.

I will get really excited if Boyd signs. Despite people on here trying their best to be negative about them, I can see Miller and Boyd tearing it up next season.

Not sure how I feel to be honest.

You're right , together they should excite and I think they'll do well next season . But then I think on how they'd do the season after , in the spfl , and I think that might be a step too far. Can't think but we should be thinking more longer term.

I'll probably just enjoy them , and worry about the year after when it comes !

When he was last playing in our colours he was a lazy bugger that scored a lot of goals.

If he signs he will be an auld lazy bugger that scores fewer goals.

Will he be a good signing .......I doubt it.

You do realise that he's just had a fantastic season for a pish killie team?

Henrik Larsson – 221 games in 7 years, with 174 goals for Celtic

31.5 games per year

24.8 goals per year

Kris Boyd – 143 games in 4 years, with 101 goals for Rangers

35.75 games per year

25.5 goals per year

The difference, beyond the obvious? Larsson is seen as a God for them lot and Boyd is seen like a waster to some Rangers fans.

Larsson was arguably one of the best players ever to play in Scotland his game wasn't just about goals as we all know.

He could also score against any opposition, especially us. Boyd has scored 1 career goal against the scum during a meaningless match where they had already won the league. Most of his goals came against bottom 6 clubs at home with quite a few penalties.

Regardless he will score a barrowload in the championship, but so would Daly. I also have confidence that Clarke and more so Gallagher would as well playing alongside Miller. For me the benefits of getting 20+ goals out of either of those 2 far outweigh the benefits of reverting to a tried and tested formula for a season maybe 2 as Miller will be 36 when we are back, fuck that.

If some think that we can't win the championship without Boyd then I despair. Clarke scored 40 goals in a season for QoS which proves he is capable of being a goal machine for us, as well as possessing great pace, an asset in any team. Would Boyd have scored that many for QoS in a season? Why can't we utilise potential?

If Boyd and Kenny are fit they will play EVERY game regardless of the opposition or how secure we are in the league. Daly will also be the preferred option on the bench. One thing our manager is, is very, very predictable.

I personally would love to see us moving up next season with Macleod, Gallagher and Clarke established as first team players. Gallagher in particular must be developed as he looks as if he can turn into a right good player, strong, pacy, very direct and as I understand from reports in the U20 team, a great finisher We shouldn't be stifling these players, quite the opposite and now more than ever.

If some think that we can't win the championship without Boyd then I despair. Clarke scored 40 goals in a season for QoS which proves he is capable of being a goal machine for us, as well as possessing great pace, an asset in any team. Would Boyd have scored that many for QoS in a season? Why can't we utilise potential?

Thing with clark though is that the season he scored 40 was his only season he really did anything. even QOS fans were saying how surprised they were.