The Kris Boyd Thread

No question he'll score goals for us and improve our front line, so it's an obvious signing to make (tu)

But the lack of imagination is staggering, surely we've got enough forwards in miller, daly, Clark and Gallagher? I'd be happy of this signalled Daly was getting cut from the wage bill, but I doubt it.

Rumours are we're after Goodwillie again too - one of these must be a non starter, we can't have that many strikers, it signals the end of Gallagher having any chance of getting a game.

Again, not happy with it as it's a pretty damning verdict on our youngsters, but, he'll improve us and score goals so there's not much I can do about it (tu)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually see why people are claiming he is a better player; he is certainly contributing more outside of the penalty box, he is working far harder and looks far fitter than he ever did with Rangers.

How many games did any of you see him play last year?

A good few.

He scores less, is involved less and is pushing 30.

But aye he's a better player than when he was breaking all sorts of records at Rangers years ago....

Nae bother

Never scored in an OF, and as I remember never scored in Europe?

That's maybe a player for this season, but it's no plan for the future.

Scored in a 2-0 win against them at ibrox. Adam got the other

A good few.

He scores less, is involved less and is pushing 30.

But aye he's a better player than when he was breaking all sorts of records at Rangers years ago....

Nae bother

Scores less?

He scored more goals for Killie last season than in any season in his first spell at the club from 2001-2006.

I was talking in his time at Rangers...as I said it the post if you can read.

Utterly ridiculous statement from someone just looking for any excuse to jump on Coisty's back. When comparing the standard of players he played with at Rangers or Killie or even Portland this is a non argument of course Boyd is going to score more at Rangers than Killie. Bit like saying Messi is not the player he was cause he would score less goals playing for York City than he would Barcelona.

Really does not matter who Coisty signs you will find some kind of fault with him.

Never scored in an OF, and as I remember never scored in Europe?

That's maybe a player for this season, but it's no plan for the future.

Scored once in the old firm and scored against livorno and auxerre. Also the SPLs highest goalscorer beating Larsson, so would take him in a heartbeat

Utterly ridiculous statement from someone just looking for any excuse to jump on Coisty's back. When comparing the standard of players he played with at Rangers or Killie or even Portland this is a non argument of course Boyd is going to score more at Rangers than Killie. Bit like saying Messi is not the player he was cause he would score less goals playing for York City than he would Barcelona.

Really does not matter who Coisty signs you will find some kind of fault with him.

On that basis Clark should have scored more than 40 goals this season then.....

Boyd was a great goalscorer for us but he's not a better player than he was 4/5 years ago, I can't take anyone seriously if they think he is.

I never said he'd be a terrible signing either so stop wetting yer kinkers about McCoist ya angry wee toad..

Exactly, I was getting sick of all those goals. I wanted to see more long throws.

We simply don't need him and now we have Miller then Clarke and Gallagher will be the ones who suffer.

It's alright being all smart arse about it but you wait and see when we are back in the SPL and his goals start to dry up and we are desperately needing another striker but hey, we have no fucking money and hey, our youngsters are unproven and lack confidence then all the smart arses will have their words rammed right down their throats with their pathetic short shortsightedness.

But hey, he fucking banged them in for us in the championship we would never have got their without Boydie!! What fucking nonsense!!

I like Boyd but we DONT need him Miller and Daly. We know our manger will start Boyd and Kenny every game with Daly being the No 1 substitute. How does that benefit the club in the long term?

If Daly goes then we have some justification to sign him, but we dont need to be that top heavy with strikers over 30, no fucking way.

As for him being some sort of messiah in front of goals he has scored 1 career goal against the scum. 1.

When playing 4-5-1 he is as useful as a traffic cone and this place was split big time when he was banging them in for us. I don't ever remember him scoring the winner away to the sheep ala Jelavic or in any other tight game away from home against better sides.

Said it before, will say it again... real pain has yet to come when we go back to the SPL. Will be a case of wtf do we do now? A whole team will need replaced and I bet you all the tea in china Big Jig will still be our CH!!

Players aren't over the hill at 31-32 despite people on here acting and insisting that they are on a near daily basis and of all the players we are being linked with Boyd is the one who could play for us for a couple of years in the SPL and make a contribution.

Boyd has never been a player who's relied on a physical attribute to be effective, he's got by on pure instinct and when you are that natural a goalscorer that doesn't just leave you in the same way that your pace does if your hammy's start going or your knees can if you are big, heavy physical target. Look at Kevin Phillips or Ally McCoist as examples, pure goal scorers who scored goals well into their 30's.

We simply don't need him and now we have Miller then Clarke and Gallagher will be the ones who suffer.

It's alright being all smart arse about it but you wait and see when we are back in the SPL and his goals start to dry up and we are desperately needing another striker but hey, we have no fucking money and hey, our youngsters are unproven and lack confidence then all the smart arses will have their words rammed right down their throats with their pathetic short shortsightedness.

But hey, he fucking banged them in for us in the championship we would never have got their without Boydie!! What fucking nonsense!!

I like Boyd but we DONT need him Miller and Daly. We know our manger will start Boyd and Kenny every game with Daly being the No 1 substitute. How does that benefit the club in the long term?

If Daly goes then we have some justification to sign him, but we dont need to be that top heavy with strikers over 30, no fucking way.

As for him being some sort of messiah in front of goals he has scored 1 career goal against the scum. 1.

When playing 4-5-1 he is as useful as a traffic cone and this place was split big time when he was banging them in for us. I don't ever remember him scoring the winner away to the sheep ala Jelavic or in any other tight game away from home against better sides.

Said it before, will say it again... real pain has yet to come when we go back to the SPL. Will be a case of wtf do we do now? A whole team will need replaced and I bet you all the tea in china Big Jig will still be our CH!!

Forking Hell. I don't know which points you're arguing with, but it's certainly not any that I've made. Perhaps it's the voices in your head?

If he signs, I will judge him when he puts a run of games together. Trying to predict the future in the ever shifting landscape of Scottish football is a futile exercise.