Simonsen set to join Crewe as player\coach

Aye cause goalkeepers careers are carved out over 1 game :lol:

You're a fucking numbskull

His career with us was carved out over 2 games. :lol:

In one of those games he pulled off a wonder save against the mighty Forfar from point blank range.

The other he displayed an incredible moment of ineptitude which contributed to our demise against the much hated Dundee United from two divisions above.

Given his supposed experience between the sticks, I'd say he was a pretty poor and very expensive backup last season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolutely mince goalkeeper, but a genuinely nice guy. Good luck to him.

In one of those games he pulled off a wonder save against the mighty Forfar from point blank range.

The other he displayed an incredible moment of ineptitude which contributed to our demise against the much hated Dundee United from two divisions above.

Given his supposed experience between the sticks, I'd say he was a pretty poor and very expensive backup last season.

You said he's an absolutely mince goalkeeper like you knew his career.

I never said he was good or bad for us but to class him as mince overall is poor.

You said he's an absolutely mince goalkeeper like you knew his career.

I never said he was good or bad for us but to class him as mince overall is poor.

The fact he was released by Dundee after two months says it all really.

A half descent goalkeeper would not have made such an awful mistake either, to say it happens to every keeper, as some have, is nonsense.

A half descent goalkeeper would not have made such an awful mistake either, to say it happens to every keeper, as some have, is nonsense.

It does, our shut defence cost goals 1 and 2 against utd

Even Goram made some dreadful errors which cost us, particularly early on in his Rangers career and in the 97/98 season.

It does, our shut defence cost goals 1 and 2 against utd

Even Goram made some dreadful errors which cost us, particularly early on in his Rangers career and in the 97/98 season.

It's the kind of error I could maybe expect from a relatively inexperienced keeper who's never really played in front of that kind of crowd before, but considering the fact that he's played in a play-off final at Wembley and week in week out in the Premier League, it was an absolutely unforgivable howler.

Gallacher isn't good enough....hasn't impressed in any of his loan spells..... Airdrie sent him back as he was shit! The odd game here and there would be ok but if Bell was injured for a decent length of time then we would need better back up! He is 25 now and needs to leave

Here's a post I did back in October about Gallacher's struggles back in October

http://therangersreport.com/2013/11/24/scott-gallachers-struggles-continue-for-airdrieonians/

What about his lengthy spells at Stoke and Sheffield United? What do they say?

The save would be the same, regardless of what team made the shot.

Casillas made a similar howler againt the Netherlands. Is he a mince keeper?

1.) What about his lengthy spells at Stoke and Sheffield United? What do they say?

2.) The save would be the same, regardless of what team made the shot.

3.) Casillas made a similar howler againt the Netherlands. Is he a mince keeper?

1.) He was maybe a capable player six years ago, but not now.

2.) I disagree, if the quality of opposition had been higher then ultimately the attempt on goal would've been better and therefore harder to save. That's not taking away from the fact that it was a fantastic stop however.

3.) Casillas has been making match winning saves for over ten years, he is widely regarded as the best keeper in the world, or was. To compare Simonsen to Casillas is frankly silly.

you talk 1 lot of shite.away back to football manager ya wullie

I'm not sure I'd class Steve Simonsen as "very expensive" :lol:.

you talk 1 lot of shite.away back to football manager ya wullie

Aye you're right, Simonsen is a wonderful keeper and a rare talent. Gutted he's leaving because he was such a shining light of hope for us in these dark times. I'm quite surprised he's been overlooked for the England squad given is silky skills and memorizing reactions when diving for a save.

1.) He was maybe a capable player six years ago, but not now.

Are you basing that entirely on one fuckup against Dundee United?

2.) I disagree, if the quality of opposition had been higher then ultimately the attempt on goal would've been better and therefore harder to save. That's not taking away from the fact that it was a fantastic stop however.

He saved the shot that was made, he did what was required of him.

3.) Casillas has been making match winning saves for over ten years, he is widely regarded as the best keeper in the world, or was. To compare Simonsen to Casillas is frankly silly.

The point is one fuck up does not make him a bad keeper.

Aye you're right, Simonsen is a wonderful keeper and a rare talent. Gutted he's leaving because he was such a shining light of hope for us in these dark times. I'm quite surprised he's been overlooked for the England squad given is silky skills and memorizing reactions when diving for a save.

state of you

Being reported by a few news outlets hope this happens and Scott Gallagher gets the no2 spot. Sadly Steve's time here will be remembered for that howler in the cup semi final but i wish him well at Crewe if it happens.

I remember him for that fantastic save in his first game, it was the best I have seen in years.

Are you thick? I seem to remember a certain Allan Mcgregor howler in the 4-2 taig game, not to mention a few others. He must have been really mince as well then.

Its bad form to harshly judge a man who only played two games for Rangers. In One game he pulled off an amazing save, the other game he messed up in a moment that will probably haunt him for the remainder of his career, the poor bugger.

so yeah ease up on the man: he seems a solid and likeable sort of guy, someone not worthy of being slagged off by the internet warriors

Where ever you end up going to next steve, I wish you all the best for you and your family (tu)

Gallacher isn't good enough....hasn't impressed in any of his loan spells..... Airdrie sent him back as he was shit! The odd game here and there would be ok but if Bell was injured for a decent length of time then we would need better back up! He is 25 now and needs to leave

To be honest; Andy Goram would have looked shit in that Airdrie defence at that stage of the season,because they were fucking horrendous.

From what I have seen of Scott Gallacher I think he is capable of being back-up to Cammy Bell in an emergency. We can't afford to pay big money for another quality keeper just to sit on the sidelines every week on the chance Bell is not available, but I suppose the question will be can Gallacher push Bell hard enough to keep him on his toes?

Of that I'm not so sure.