God Save The Queen

G.E.C.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should happen before all of our games.

This. We've lost our way in recent times somewhat, with the support getting splintered and various songs banned (still feels ludicrous to type).

A rousing GSTQ before every game would set the right tone, imho.

This. We've lost our way in recent times somewhat, with the support getting splintered and various songs banned (still feels ludicrous to type).

A rousing GSTQ before every game would set the right tone, imho.

Nah. It would just seem a bit.... i don't know, twee... to me.

I don't like it as a national anthem either.

I think its a trumendous national anthem and would love to see it played out at ibrox before our games.

Our majesty still hangs proudly on our dressing room wall.

GSTQ.

The usual suspects would say it was bigoted of us, but feck them

Great anthem. Don't have a problem with the queen or the UK but I think playing every game would be too much. Maybe its cause it reminds me of the Americans who are crazy patriotic.

Sure sing it in the stands and wave our union jacks high and proud.

The usual suspects would say it was bigoted of us, but feck them

There is an added little fuzzy warm feeling in the gut that is the satisfaction of knowing that it would drive the usual suspects even more demented than they already are.

But that is only a small part of why i would like to hear it at our games.

There is a pride and belonging aspect to recognising your british heritage.

Its a dirge never understood why some cling onto this stuff as the Royals couldn't even tell who Rangers are.

Unfortunately you're probably right. You would think at least one of them would pay us a visit and attend a game, Govan's probably not their scene.

Its a dirge never understood why some cling onto this stuff as the Royals couldn't even tell who Rangers are.

4 likes as well. I despair.

In the good old days very few,if any, of our support would have or support such views.

Loyalty to the crown was just one of the things that used to set us apart from other clubs and made Rangers, and the support, special and something to take pride in.

There's a picture of the Rangers team photo from the 80's proudly hanging in Buckingham Palace actually. The news even did a story on it, with an inset image of the wall in which it hangs.

The Royals know who Rangers are, and have in fact been to Rangers games, if you recall games from the 1800's, the king actually visited Ibrox Park to sit in the pavilion and watch the game.

The Queen herself is a bluenose.

Now, all together....GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN!

4 likes as well. I despair.

In the good old days very few,if any, of our support would have or support such views.

Loyalty to the crown was just one of the things that used to set us apart from other clubs and made Rangers, and the support, special and something to take pride in.

Total nonsense as i am from the good old days as you call it.

I am proud to say that Bro Donald Barr has arranged for GSTQ to be played at the Victoria Highlanders game Monday July 21. He has also arranged for the teams to come on to the pitch to the tune of "Only The Best"

With skydivers at half tie carrying the Rangers Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well one Donald