***Glasgow 2014 thread***

G.E.C.

Obvious difference in opening and closing ceremony budgets.

Don't often air my views on here, but my daughter & grandson were there tonight with team England.

Me as a lifelong bear, having lived down here since 76. Proud as fuck to be a bear, brought my 2 kids up as gers,

So much so that my grand kids are gers 1 of which has been up to Murray park for training,

Tonight I was so proud to be scottish

Typical night out in Glasgow? Where was the short guy from Hamilton selling sweaty pills from his pocket that make your heart beat like fuck for 45 minutes, then need a shit you can't do?

Typical night out in Glasgow? Where was the short guy from Hamilton selling sweaty pills from his pocket that make your heart beat like fuck for 45 minutes, then need a shit you can't do?

Lol.

Aye, and I must have missed the pipers on the rooftops. Have I always been that pished?

Was in the Clockworks tonight which had 3 pipers playing... after a few hours of the same songs i thought fuck it lets ask for Rule Britannia....The guy said it was impossible due to the notes the bagpipes played but he'd wish it was possible and seemed a bit gutted he couldn't for-fill the request.

Guess thats why the bagpipes have never really took off as he'd reckon only 9 notes could be played which limits the songs.

Anyway...Great games...Glasgow is best...The rest of Scotland is fucking rotten....We are the people!

Was at the airport today. The mhanks are really good at the marketing thing. The Clydesiders were saying it's the busiest 2 or 3 days with all of the athletes leaving. So the mhanks have got a European cup replica on a wee table at their shop with 2 guards by it for people to take their photo with it. Was working a treat. I saw an Aussie gold and bronze squash medallist and loads of other foreigners having their photies taken with people swarming around the shop.

Meanwhile, our shop was empty. Why are we always shit at this kind of thing. It's sort of cringy, but tourists like that kind of thing. We're never inventive enough.