*** RM Sponsors Fund - Hall of Fame & Good Deeds -2014/2015

govanblue

The thing to do is keep your eyes open for me announcing any wins or whatever, and get straight in with a shout of "I think we should..."

(tu)

I think give the cash to me would get a bit old quickly GB :lol:

It isn't my place to say as i don't donate to the lotto fund and disagree with gambling before you try and rope me into that as well ya rascal

It isn't my place to say as i don't donate to the lotto fund and disagree with gambling before you try and rope me into that as well ya rascal

:D

I may regret saying this, but...

You DO donate to the Lotto Fund. The RM Sponsors' Fund has 4 tickets paid for by you and me and the other 123 members, so anything won by those tickets is a Fund asset, and we all decide what to do with it.

But don't worry, it's not really gambling - its supporting RDF through the route that is most profitable to them.

We have no expectation of winning, but if we do win, it will only benefit others, not us. (tu)

Good Fortune - Govanblue - officially and forever in our Sponsors Fund Hall Of Fame

(tu) keep up your fantastic work, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers mate. That's appreciated too. :thumbup:

When this is all over, I'll maybe get myself a brick! That'll do me. :D

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - RM Rangers Lotto Group

The Sponsors Fund has now bought another 2 tickets for the remainder of the Lotto Year (£42 each)

We also have two new Members who have signed up to play.

So that's another £168 paid to Rangers Development Fund

That brings our Lotto totals to:

Total Weekly tickets in play: 12

Fund tickets - 4

Individual members tickets - 8

Total Lotto Funds raised for RDF to date:

£540.

I may regret saying this, but...

You DO donate to the Lotto Fund. The RM Sponsors' Fund has 4 tickets paid for by you and me and the other 123 members, so anything won by those tickets is a Fund asset, and we all decide what to do with it.

But don't worry, it's not really gambling - its supporting RDF through the route that is most profitable to them.

We have no expectation of winning, but if we do win, it will only benefit others, not us. (tu)

(tu)

Good Deeds/Fund Action - Member Donations - Match Programme Subscription

A big thank you to Fund Members JCDBigBear and Eckthebear.

JCD donated a pile of old international programmes to Eck, RM's official Programme-Collector. (tu)

Eck sold them on ebay for £25 and donated the money to the Fund. (tu)

The Sponsors' Fund then matched Eck's donation, giving us £50 - exactly the amount we needed to buy a Rangers Match Programme Annual Subscription for Hollybush House Hospital (Combat Stress).

So we ordered that today. (tu)

Along with our Erskine subscriptions, that gives us 5 in total.

Good Fortune! - Donation to the Fund - Official Merchandise from RDF

So I was in the RDF office yesterday to collect our 10 Rising Stars. We got chatting and they mentioned that they had some "old junk" that had lain in the back of a cupboard for about 10 years, and that we could have it if we though it was worth having.

The old junk consisted of:

The Official Rangers Legends Medallion Collection (from 2005, Complete and unopened)

Front:

legends_medals_2_zpscc7a4326.jpg

Back:

legends_medals_1_zpsf24503c5.jpg

Millenium Ibrox (John M Boyd)

(Large Print - Size: 25" x 17" - You can see from my scan that it's A2 size (the size of 4 A4 sheets)

Millenium_Ibrox_zpsf3df9940.jpg..

And here's the original, hanging in Ibrox (we don't get that one!)...

Ant_Season_Tickets_zpsa4ba6888.jpg

Treble Winners 2002/2003 (Senga Murray)

You know Senga - She painted those amazing murals in Ibrox, and that style is very evident here...

Treble_Winners_Senga_Murray_zps72468a4f.jpg

So those bits of junk have lain forgotten in a cupboard for over a decade, which obviously just makes them even more worthless than they were when they went in to the cupboard. :sherlock:

And that's not even the best bit - I'll reveal the best bit later, once we've discussed what to do with them. (tu)

So what shall we do with them?

If you have any ideas, don't post them on this thread - please go to the discussion thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272856entry1062243107

Fund Action - Tickets for charities - Erskine and Combat Stress

All 8 tickets for the Erskine and Combat Stress Veterans were successfully handed over at the match. (tu)

While I was chatting to the lads from Combat Stress, one of them pulled me aside for a chat.

He wanted to thank us all for the tickets, and I told him it was no big deal.

But he put me right, and told me that it actually was a big deal. Apparently our tickets have proved immensely popular in Hollybush House, and whenever they have tickets for the upcoming game, to use his words - "there's a real buzz about the place all week - even the English lads!"

Another lad added his agreement at this point, and told me that he had been so down that he'd been in bed for the previous 24 hours, and only the game had got him out of it.

As we stood, laughing, in the bright sunshine, watching all the happy Bears pottering about, I thought that could only be a good thing. (tu)

So the upshot is that I've promised to get them tickets for as many more games as possible. :D

So we'll need your help.

If you have a season ticket, and you think there's a chance you won't make every game, then why not let a Veteran use it on that day?

It's incredibly easy. If you're interested, PM me for details.

GB I don't know how many balls you were juggling at the same time yesterday but you really did a great job for both groups. I was speaking to the guys from Combat Stress in the car park after the game and I can assure everyone involved that those guys had a great day. GB you made their day and it was a good break for them. A job well done GB.

GB I don't know how many balls you were juggling at the same time yesterday but you really did a great job for both groups. I was speaking to the guys from Combat Stress in the car park after the game and I can assure everyone involved that those guys had a great day. GB you made their day and it was a good break for them. A job well done GB.

I only dropped one ball I think...

Did you not say you were going to buy some scratchcards?

:lol:

Update:

Balance:

• Sponsors' Fund: £1457.54
  • Teddy Bears’ Fund: £353.74
  • Erskine Lunch Fund: £590.40
  • Current Total Balance: £2401.68

In the last two weeks, we've spent £511 and collected £70

Spent - £511:

£200 - 5 Rangers Bricks for Fund Members

£40 - Rangers Lotto (1 annual subscription for a Fund Member)

£50 - Match programme subscription for Combat Stress (Hollybush House)

£56 - Megastore purchases (details to be revealed soon)

£112 - Match tickets for Combat Stress (Armed Forces Day)

£33 - Match tickets for Erskine (Armed forces Day)

£20 - 10 Rising Stars

Collected - £70

£30 - Brick fee from member

£40 Lotto subscription from member

That might sound a bit imbalanced, but don't worry, we've got about £400 due from members for bricks and auction items, which should be coming in soon.

But next up - Erskine.

E4_zps29cd3f57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've fallen behind with the updates. I'll try to add the ones I can remember soon.

But in the meantime, here's one...

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - Rising Stars

Today the Fund purchased another 10 Rising Stars (£20) for the game against Falkirk.

(edit: numbers 59011 to 59020 - We didn't win. )

This brings our total Rising Stars for the season to 85 (our target is 127)

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - Brick Purchases

The Fund Members' October Brick offer is now complete.

We sold 11 bricks to Fund Members (at a special reduced rate (tu) ), generating a total revenue for RDF of £440

So RDF are happy, and 11 Fund Members got themselves a great deal on their brick, which they will cherish for years to come. (cherish the brick, not the deal :D )

Good Fortune! - We have a winner!

You may remember that as part of the brick offer, brick-purchasers also got entered into RDF's prize draw to win a first-team-signed-shirt.

Well the good news is that one of our Loyal Fund members (who wisely bought one of our 11 Bricks) has won the shirt. :thumbup:

I'll try to get a photo of it. (tu)

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers Ladies - Match Sponsorship

Our Sponsorship of the Rangers Ladies reached its climax last week, as RM proudly sponsored an excellent beating of them at Toryglen which also saw Rangers Ladies secure their highest ever league finish - and it's the first time they've ever finished above them too. Bonus!

According to twitter, it's all totally due to RM's support. :P

Good Fortune! - Gifts to RM Mascots - from Rangers Ladies

A big thank you to Rangers Ladies for the gifts they gave to our 11 year old Mascots - A signed match ball each and a pair of tickets each for the Rangers v Falkirk Men's match. (tu)

But more than that, a big thank you for the totally excellent day they gave them - they really made them feel part of the team and that meant far more to them!

Good Deed! - Member Donation - Signed Shirt

A big thank you to new Fund Member heathen fish boy for his generous donation of a multiple-signed Home Shirt. It's a Season 96/97 McEwan's Lager Home Top. Nice. (tu)

I'll get a photo up soon, and hopefully we can identify a few of the unidentified signatures.

It's like this, only signed by the likes of Albertz, Gascoigne, Laudrup, McCoist - and Petric. :D

rangers-home-football-shirt-1996-1997-s_1829_1.jpg

(We've got two or three signed shirts now, so we'll need to decide what to do with them soon.)

That's about it for now. (tu)

Good Deed! - Supporting Erskine - Ticket Donation

Thank you to the Loyal Fund Member who donated his (or her) two seats for this Saturday's game (v Alloa)

These seats will be enjoyed by a happy Erskine Veteran and an equally happy Erskine Carer. (tu)

If you would like to donate an unused seat to Erskine, talk to me. (tu)

Good Fortune! - Signed Shirt Winner! - thistleman

Congratulations to Loyal Fund member thistleman who not only saved himself £20 on his Brick, but also won a first-team-signed-shirt in the RDF Prize Draw thanks to his purchase.

thistleman's blue room is already bursting at the seams with all the great deals and prizes he's already got from his Fund Membership, so this signed shirt (once framed) will be one of the inaugural pieces in thistlebairn'sbairn's 21st Century Blue Room. (work in progress. photos to follow hopefully. (tu) )

Good Stuff! :thumbup:

And if you're jealous, well you should've paid more attention to the Fund Offers! :D

Thistleman_RDF_Shirt_winner_zps7a9c96e6.jpg

And what a fine pair of scarves they're sporting too! :thumbup: