*** RM Sponsors Fund - Hall of Fame & Good Deeds -2014/2015

govanblue

Updates:

1. I haven't forgotten about the Prize Draw. The names are in the hat, I just haven't had a chance to draw them out. I'll probably wait till Saturday, and draw them at Ibrox. (tu)

2. Welcome to member #129 - CaptainOfIndustry

3. A big thank you to the member who donated a pair of tickets (again!) for the QOTS game. These have been sold on to another member.

Erskine Lunch Fund Action - Cash Donation - Erskine Care Homes

The Erskine Lunch Fund has donated £500 to Erskine Care Homes.

Each of the 5 Erskine Care Homes received £100 along with strict instructions to use it specifically to enhance their existing Christmas Celebrations, which they are happy to oblige. :cheers:

They send their thanks once again and will give us an update and some pics after Christmas.

In other Lunch Fund News, The Ibrox Day Out for Erskine Bishopton Home is now booked for the 27th January (we'll pay for it in January).

Erskine Park Home also sent their thanks for our support and our votes in the recent Community Fund Vote. They're very excited about finally being able to create their Sporting Memories Room, and we'll need to have a chat with them to see what else we can do to help with that.

1470262_670337989749758_6890978268176736989_n.jpg?oh=252142880a35536f67f35a4e3372b7e9&oe=5512A1C0

Fund Action - Tickets for charity - Erskine Mains Home

The Sponsors' Fund has purchased 2 Match tickets (v Cowdenbeath) for a Veteran and Carer from Erskine Mains Home for tomorrow's match (v Cowdenbeath)

Total cost: £36

Fund Action! - Supporting RDF - Rising Stars

The Sponsors' Fund has purchased another 10 Rising Stars (£20) for the game against Cowdenbeath.

This brings our total Rising Stars for the season to 105 (our target is 131)

I'll update the accounts shortly. (tu)

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Bears' Fund Action - Donation - Glasgow South West Food Bank

The Teddy Bears' Fund has donated 36 Selection Boxes and 36 boxes of chocolate biscuits to the Glasgow SW Food Bank. (total cost: £63)

I dropped them off at Ibrox Parish Church on Monday, and the Volunteers send their sincere thanks to everyone here, and to everyone who donated to their collection last matchday. (tu)

selection_boxes_zpsc7b8d548.jpg

The Sponsors' Fund purchased another 26 Rising Stars (£52) for the game against Livingston.

We didn't win anything, but this brings our total Rising Stars for the season to 131

Meaning we have achieved our aim of buying a Rising Star for every Fund Member.

Having achieved that target, this also means that we now no longer support RDF in any way. :( You may or may not want to do something about that.

Fund Action! - Supporting other Fans' Fundraising Efforts - Ibrox Disasters memorial Fund

Yet another outstanding year of Fundraising from Co. Armagh RSCs...

http://www.rangers.c...-charity-effort

CONGRATULATIONS to the County Armagh Rangers Supporters Clubs who raised a fantastic £11,000 from the sale of Championship medallions to the Rangers Support.

A group of fans representing the Clubs were present at last weeks game against Livingston and were pictured on the pitch at half time handing over the cheque.

The money raised will go towards the Ibrox Disaster Memorial Fund to help build a memorial from the Fans to the Fans who died in the Ibrox Disasters. Special mention goes to the NARSA Membership and in particular Bobby Smith for their contribution.

de3bb4b10584db5a45261d2bf66755fd_XL.jpg

That cheque was part of a total of £28,000 raised by Co. Armagh RSCs through their medal sales.

£10,000 was donated to the Barcelona Bears Fund, £7,000 to the Sandy Jardine Tribute Dinner and £11,000 to the Ibrox Disasters Memorial Fund.

a2bacc7c0fc7b668b09342b87cc40cf3_XL.jpg

RM members bought a total of 335 medals, generating £3000 towards Co. Armagh's grand total of £28,000. (tu)

(Co. Armagh had already donated £10,000 to the Barcelona Bears Fund before we got involved, so our contribution would have gone towards the Sandy Jardine Tribute Dinner and the Ibrox Disasters Memorial Fund)

Here's the full report...

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=268961

I've just received an email from Co. Armagh RSCs...

... We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who purchased medals,(Barcelona 40th Anniversary,Division 3 winners and Division 1 winners) from us, as without you this would not have been possible.

This amount brings the total to £28,000 raised from these three medals and presented to the following:

8th December 2012 £10,000 Barcelona Bears

28th September 2013 £7,000 Sandy Jardine Tribute Dinner

20th December 2014 £11,000 Ibrox Disasters Memorial Fund

Once again many thanks for your tremendous support.

Co.Armagh Rangers Supporters Clubs.

Then a nice phone call asking me to pass on their sincere thanks to all of you. (tu)

• 4 weeks later...

Good Deed - Member Donation - Erskine Sporting Memories Room

A big thank you to RM Member Duncan Whitelaw, who has donated a copy of his new book, 'It's a Glasgow Rangers Story', to the new Erskine Sporting Memories Room, where it will fit in perfectly.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if a few Erskine Residents are in there somewhere along the way. ;)

1698_view.jpg

Teddy Bears' Fund Action - Ticket Donation - Quarriers Stopover

The RM Teddy Bears' Fund is delighted to announce that it has purchased 24 tickets for the Fernando Ricksen Testimonial Match (cost: £288) for the Quarriers Stopover Home (Pollokshaws Road).

This will allow all 14 residents to attend, along with some staff, and the youngsters in their two outreach programmes, who also wanted to go. They're over the moon. (tu)

And of course, all ticket sales go to Fernando's 4 chosen charities, so quite a few boxes ticked there. (tu)

Good Deed - Member Donation - Erskine Homes

And another big thank you to County Armagh RSCs who have donated four of these lovely framed Sandy Jardine Tribute Prints.

That's one each for our four Erskine Homes. Erskine Park's will of course be going in their new Sporting memories Room. (tu)

Sandy1_zpsdd7b2649.jpg

I should have a couple more Erskine updates in a few days. (tu)

The Fund has purchased 15 Rising Stars (£30) for tonight's game against Hearts.

This brings our total Rising Stars for the season to 146 (our target is 131)

So it turns out that RDF were so distracted on Friday with all the shenanigans outside that they forgot to allocate us our 15 tickets.

So our total remains at 131 and we haven't spent the £30.

RDF were so upset at forgetting us that they gave us a few freebies today. I'll tell you about them later. (tu)

Ticket Fund Action - Ticket Donation - Combat Stress

The RM Teddy Bears' Fund is delighted to announce that it has purchased 25 tickets for the Fernando Ricksen Testimonial Match (cost: £300) for the Residents and staff of http://www.combatstress.org.uk/veterans/contact-us_old/hollybush-house,-ayrshire/Hollybush House (Combat Stress)

This will allow all residents to attend, along with some staff. They're over the moon. (tu)

And of course, all ticket sales go to Fernando's 4 chosen charities, so quite a few boxes ticked there. (tu)

So it turns out that RDF were so distracted on Friday with all the shenanigans outside that they forgot to allocate us our 15 tickets.

So our totalt remains at 131 and we haven't spent the £30.

RDF were so upset at forgetting us that they gave us a few freebies today. I'll tell you about them later. (tu)

GB, you are a shining light on RM and I thank you for giving me something to raise my mood.

Sick of all the pish that surrounds the club just now, however your "timely" post, cheers me up and brings me back to reality!

Top man!

Erskine Lunch Fund Action - Ticket Donation - Erskine Veterans

The Erskine Lunch Fund is delighted to announce that it has purchased 13 tickets for the Fernando Ricksen Testimonial Match (cost: £138) for 6 Residents, 6 Carers and a Driver. (from Erskine Glasgow, Erskine Bishopton and Erskine Mains Homes). They're over the moon. (tu)

Fund Action - Megastore Purchases - Erskine Veterans

The Sponsors' Fund has today paid £120 to the Ibrox Megastore. This is £20 each for our 6 Veterans from Erskine Bishopton to spend on their Ibrox Day Out next Tuesday.

I had a good long chat with the Megastore staff, and they assured me that once again, they will be very well looked after during their visit. (For example, they usually set up a table with lots of different things on it, to save the Veterans having to walk around too much - that was my idea! :D )

I also dropped £10 off at RCF and asked them to pass it on to the Ibrox Tour Guide, to thank him or her for the extra-special treatment we will no doubt receive next Tuesday. (tu)

GB, you are a shining light on RM and I thank you for giving me something to raise my mood.

Sick of all the pish that surrounds the club just now, however your "timely" post, cheers me up and brings me back to reality!

Top man!

Cheers mate (tu)

Just remember that it wouldn't be possible without your money and support though. (tu)

Erskine Lunch Fund Action - Ticket Donation - Erskine Veterans

The Erskine Lunch Fund is delighted to announce that it has purchased 11 tickets for the Fernando Ricksen Testimonial Match (cost: £112) for 5 Residents, 5 Carers and a Driver. (from Erskine Glasgow, Erskine Bishopton and Erskine Mains Homes). They're over the moon. (tu)

Actually I messed up.

Late last night, I was dividing up the tickets, when I realised that Erskine had asked for 13, not 11! :(

So I had to rush online and buy another two tickets.

Luckily I managed to nab the only two suitable seats left. (tu)

But in my haste, I forgot one was a concession and bought 2 Adult tickets.

So I have in effect, needlessly spanked away £6 :(

- but £4 of that £6 goes to the Ricksen Appeal anyway, so it is in fact a good thing! :D

But I feel really bad about that £2 web fee :(

So anyway - that brings us to a total of 62 tickets bought for a cost of £726

I'll go back and edit the earlier posts. (tu)

Good Deed! - Member Donation - Signed Ball

A BIG THANK YOU to Loyal Fund Member eejay the dj who has donated this fantastic, mint condition Official Signature Ball - Signed by the 2007/2008 Squad to help us with our Fundraising.

:clap:

Signed_Ball_1_zps2b0971b9.jpg

Signed_Ball_2_zps8cb16e61.jpg

So that makes a very welcome addition for our forthcoming Fundraising Auction, which is shaping up nicely. (tu)

Good Deed! - Member Donation - Signed Shirts

A BIG THANK YOU to the good folk from the former RangersUnite who have donated their Arnold Peralta Sponsors' Shirts to the Sponsors' Fund to help us with our fundraising.

:clap:

Peralta2_zps80d2ef2b.jpg

And I can vouch for their authenticity, because I took this photo...

arnold_zps5a177236.jpg

So that makes a very welcome addition for our forthcoming Fundraising Auction, which is shaping up nicely. (tu)

Great effort guys. WATP

Not forgetting that we've also got this rare mantlepiece masterpiece on offer...

Millenium_Ibrox_zpsf3df9940.jpg

And speaking of masterpieces, I'm particularly excited by this beauty...

Albertz_Painting_zpsebb3906a.jpg

I think I'll be putting in a bid for it myself. and obviously deleting all rival bids :D