Walter Smith doubted team

WATBB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a shame he only stayed on in 10/11 if McCoist was appointed after him. Reminds me or Sir Alex choosing Moyes to replace him.

Just wish we had followed Uniteds lead and got rid quickly instead of watching our club slowly being dragged down to junior level standards under the clown.

Utterly depressing how much of a shambles he's turned us into and it will get worse and worse until he "walks away".

Walter did say as you point out that he thought of McLeod as a more central midfielder, he however did not say this Starts talking about the defence: Walter says, "I'm not sure I'd have McCulloch in there, it's a solid enough defence, but McCulloch's more suited elsewhere" he also said that thats as strong as a Rangers team you will see this season,if they are allowed to settle down thats as strong a team as we have seen in the Iower leagues. Why did you feel the need to include the piece of fabrication about the captain , There was also a look back at Advocatts first league game where we were once again defeated 2 1 that I noticed you did not mention, look at the quality and expense laid out for that squad, night and day . I was gutted as much as any bear today but I dont think we need exagerate comments by Walter, dont you :pipe:

Walter did say as you point out that he thought of McLeod as a more central midfielder, he however did not say this Starts talking about the defence: Walter says, "I'm not sure I'd have McCulloch in there, it's a solid enough defence, but McCulloch's more suited elsewhere" he also said that thats as strong as a Rangers team you will see this season,if they are allowed to settle down thats as strong a team as we have seen in the Iower leagues. Why did you feel the need to include the piece of fabrication about the captain , There was also a look back at Advocatts first league game where we were once again defeated 2 1 that I noticed you did not mention, look at the quality and expense laid out for that squad, night and day . I was gutted as much as any bear today but I dont think we need exagerate comments by Walter, dont you :pipe:

That squad at least had fight.

McCoist's bottlers have fuck all about them against a Hearts team chucked together in the summer

Difference is that Advocaat knew what he was doing and the players also knew what they were supposed to do.

That squad at least had fight.

McCoist's bottlers have fuck all about them against a Hearts team chucked together in the summer

what do you mean chucked together ? they can`t possibly play good football if they have only been together for weeks.

What do you mean they are full of experienced pro`s and youths ? That just won`t work.

I hope the hearts manager gets to spend £6M/year on players wages as we all know he wouldn`t stand a chance without it.

:dry:

Difference is that Advocaat knew what he was doing and the players also knew what they were supposed to do.

Both managers suffered opening day defeats with what looks like on paper vastly better quality squads both lost 3 points, but you know football's not played on paper, point is better Squad quality and managers have been beaten before, you know we have no god given right to win games right, if we dont take our chances we wont win games, but you all know that anyway eh :thumbup:

I'd take Smith back right now. He'd sort the wasters out in no time.

Imagine Nicky Law telling the press he didn't give 100% last season in games because the season was over if Smith was manager?

Imagine Ian Black betting against his own team if Smith was manager?

(tu) I'd take him back in a heartbeat :lol: even just for a season or two. I don't see it happening :(

Walter always played players out of position, we played some dreadful football under Walter and he is responsible for McCoist, McDowell and Durrant being in position.

While he would certainly have a short term effect on the club and team, I don't see him taking us forward.

We need a whole new approach and someone to come in who has no previous ties to the club.

If we're staying British, my choice would be Steve McLaren. Has continental experience and has turned Derby around into Championship contenders with a fairly young team. Unlucky not to go up last season.

If we cast our net out further, then the German Thomas Tuchel would be a great appointment IMO. Highly rated in Germany and has just left Mainz so we wouldn't need to pay any compensation. Led them to consecutive Europa League places in the league despite having limited resources, beating the likes of Bayern, Schalke and Dortmund in the process.

Just a pipe dream ATM but if we really are to resemble a football team again then Wallace needs to get a move on sooner rather than later.

Smith had his faults but he has amazing man management skills and for as dour as his team could be they were always well organised and hard to beat.

Theres no chance he is coming back but if he did there's no doubt in my mind that he would take this mob and help them achieve more than they should be capable of.

Walter always played players out of position, we played some dreadful football under Walter and he is responsible for McCoist, McDowell and Durrant being in position.

While he would certainly have a short term effect on the club and team, I don't see him taking us forward.

The football wasn't that bad under Smith. The difference between now and Smith is night and day.

Smith had his teams organised, something this joker in the dugout couldn't even spell.

The football wasn't that bad under Smith. The difference between now and Smith is night and day.

Smith had his teams organised, something this joker in the dugout couldn't even spell.

The football was boring, and that is what Ally learned under Walter.. Walter was a good man to man manager, but some of the football was hard to watch.

I agree and the fact that we do not have millions for him to spend would be another factor.

We need a whole new approach and someone to come in who has no previous ties to the club.

If we're staying British, my choice would be Steve McLaren. Has continental experience and has turned Derby around into Championship contenders with a fairly young team. Unlucky not to go up last season.

If we cast our net out further, then the German Thomas Tuchel would be a great appointment IMO. Highly rated in Germany and has just left Mainz so we wouldn't need to pay any compensation. Led them to consecutive Europa League places in the league despite having limited resources, beating the likes of Bayern, Schalke and Dortmund in the process.

Just a pipe dream ATM but if we really are to resemble a football team again then Wallace needs to get a move on sooner rather than later.

I always liked Tuchel at Mainz, was surprised when they partdd company. But would he come to Scotland?