Our main rivals for the season - training regime

dan_ger

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need some new ideas on the training and playing front. However, don't know if Hearts would be my guiding light on this (even though they managed to beat us by a late goal on Sunday - one swallow doesn't make a summer).

I appear to be one of few on here who would not get rid of Ally at present - more to do with the potential disruption this would cause to our season rather than any confidence in his managerial skills. However, in the short term, I would definitely like to see one of our two first team coaches replaced by someone with different experience to the manager (preferably continental experience). Might be time for Wallace to suggest this course of action to Ally, with threat of a sting in the tail if he doesn't.

We brought in Tommy Moller- Neilson back in 97 or so to help Walter introduce a more modern approach to training / tactics etc, nothing changed and we were not only beaten but totally outplayed by both Gothenburg & Strasbourg in Europe. TMN had no say in the final decisions and his input was disregarded.

Allys reaction to the talk of Nerlinger arriving tells me nothing has changed in 17 years .

Self preservation is a basic instinct.

ALLY McCOIST refused to blow a fuse over a dossier of plans to axe him as Rangers boss — as he believes it was compiled by an ELECTRICIAN.

McCoist shrugged off the bizarre proposal to bring Johan Cryuff and Frank Rijkaard into the Ibrox management team.

It is thought the plan was put together by Gers investor David Gowans, who has put £1million into the club.

McCoist said: “I believe the person who did it is an electrician, if so I am heading straight home to do a thesis on electrical engineering.

“I will hand it to you on Monday morning on the way forward for electrical engineering.

“If the gentleman who wrote it can promise Cruyff and Rijkaard, I will drive over there and bring them back and they can sit in my office. I would certainly move sideways for those two.”

McCoist laughed off the leaked dossier which threatened to undermine his position as boss of Rangers.

The shock report, written and delivered to Ibrox chiefs in March, warned McCoist was driving Ibrox fans away.

Gers insiders insist the idea was binned and are furious the BBC had it leaked to them.

Beeb reporters were marched out of Ibrox yesterday and are now BANNED from the stadium and training ground. Meanwhile, McCoist, who enjoyed a title party at Ibrox yesterday, has warned fans that young up-and-coming players will not be arriving at Ibrox.

He added: “This sort of stuff gets weary for a split second, but then the gallows humour kicks in. It has kept us going for the last two years, but I’d hate you to think I’m being flippant.

“When you have good people around you and working with you that is the most important thing.

“I just want the opportunity to prove I am the man for Rangers. I don’t think there will be huge amounts of change for next season. We are bringing in free transfers and they are free transfers for a reason. We cannot register them until September 1.

“We are not going to get the best youngsters, the best 22-24 year olds.

“That is not going to happen because they cost a lot of money. We are going to have a get a group of players who can get us out of the next division.

“Hopefully with one or two better performances.”

McCoist confirmed Gers will use their pre-season visits to the USA and Germany to run the rule over trialists. He said: “We have targets and I’m hopeful to get one or two over the line in the next couple of days.

“On tour we can play any prospective new signings in friendly games and that would not prejudice anything before the embargo is lifted on September 1

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2SNAeMxq3

We brought in Tommy Moller- Neilson back in 97 or so to help Walter introduce a more modern approach to training / tactics etc, nothing changed and we were not only beaten but totally outplayed by both Gothenburg & Strasbourg in Europe. TMN had no say in the final decisions and his input was disregarded.

Allys reaction to the talk of Nerlinger arriving tells me nothing has changed in 17 years .

Self preservation is a basic instinct.

Deja vu ?

Its a part of our club i have went on and on about for years. People keep saying, but its not what happens here in terms of our mentality. Sick of hearing about how we cannot change things.

My ideal training regime would be

Monday day off if we play sunday but in if game is on a sarturday. Other days as follows.

0830hrs breakfast at MP

0900hrs dvd game analysis of previous match

1000hrs training field for warm up

1020hrs training field fitness and agility

1100hrs set pieces corners etc

1200hrs lunch and relaxation pool sauna etc

1330hrs technical ball drills. Control passn

1600hrs de brief of training

1645hrs depart MP

duringnpre season i wld also have for 4 weeks only an evening session beteen seven and nine.

anyone who mumps and moans and does not want to improve as a player , have it written into their contract that we can dismiss then for breach of contract.

New coaching system from abroad is a must

simples . Done. Improvement

Past errors repeated past opportunies scorned and again scorned in the present.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in GW failing to impose a professional regime and discipline, I only hope . .. it doesn't undo us. .one thing for certain Charlie would take the required action.

Its a part of our club i have went on and on about for years. People keep saying, but its not what happens here in terms of our mentality. Sick of hearing about how we cannot change things.

My ideal training regime would be

Monday day off if we play sunday but in if game is on a sarturday. Other days as follows.

0830hrs breakfast at MP

0900hrs dvd game analysis of previous match

1000hrs training field for warm up

1020hrs training field fitness and agility

1100hrs set pieces corners etc

1200hrs lunch and relaxation pool sauna etc

1330hrs technical ball drills. Control passn

1600hrs de brief of training

1645hrs depart MP

duringnpre season i wld also have for 4 weeks only an evening session beteen seven and nine.

anyone who mumps and moans and does not want to improve as a player , have it written into their contract that we can dismiss then for breach of contract.

New coaching system from abroad is a must

simples . Done. Improvement

i would do the ball work drills early and the fitness later in the day, players might be more switched on in the morning when they are still fresh, in the afternoon especially after fitness work their minds wont take in as much ball work drills

other than that your idea is post on imo

infact i wonder what jan wouters is up to, eck and watson fair had our team drilled in the art of football at times

didnt laudrup say during his time here that he and the other foreign guys used to hang back to do ball work themselves as the morning sessions was basically fitness work and then everyone fucked off at lunchtime

ricksen says he showed up an hour before most days and would stay back an hour and a half only to be ordered off the training ground.

ricksen says he showed up an hour before most days and would stay back an hour and a half only to be ordered off the training ground.

tbf we dont know if eck's regimes were like ally's. id like to think not given we had jan wouters there at the same time, and with ricksen being a mental case it wouldnt surprise me if he started at 7 and was still there at half 4 :lol:

My dad was talking to one of the staff that works at Murray park with the youth and he was saying it's complete Stone Age stuff day in day out. Things aren't being done the right way and it's a shame. The players sail in at 9/10 and ride away at 1 after a big tasty lunch and hunners of hilarious banter

Get whoever's running the youth training regime at Hearts signed up to us ASAP.

Throwing money at one guy isnt going to change a thing. The whole ethos of Rangers Football Club needs changing. The old pals act that Walter started and Allys carried on has to go. We must start producing QUALITY youngsters. We must start giving youth a good run in the team, in defence and up front.