Transfer Deadline Day

Nicika Jelavic

Wonder what chance there might be of any players coming in on loan? If Brentford can attract a loan player from Sporting Lisbon then maybe our scouting network have got a good quality experienced reliable CB and RB from Italy or Germany ready to be unveiled at Ibrox?

I know, I know, far too much alcohol influencing this post.

Wonder what chance there might be of any players coming in on loan? If Brentford can attract a loan player from Sporting Lisbon then maybe our scouting network have got a good quality experienced reliable CB and RB from Italy or Germany ready to be unveiled at Ibrox?

No chance

I will be happy with Wallace and MacLeod staying

I thought a few might go out on loan but at this rate it looks like a dismantling of the U20 team. Or maybe not so much a dismantling as a deliberate progression policy that keeps the options open on loaned-out players if it transpired that we did not win promotion this season and there had to be another clear out. These players would come back with useful first team experience elsewhere. So maybe its a bit of a hedging of bets strategy that is unfolding.

Have they heard of Smarties in Lisbon? :D That's what we'd end up paying them. Maybe we could tell them that's the new Scottish currency!!

So......we didn't sell any players and only loan deals out to other clubs for youth players. I'd not heard if any equiries or definitive interest were registered or offers were made by clubs for any of our players. If none whatsoever then that in itself is telling. I'm relieved we have not had to sell any players who would be influential in the push for promotion this season. If the finances had been so perilous that sales were essential then you'd think the CEO / COO would have signalled that to prospective buyers. But since there has seemingly been zero delcared interest in buying Rangers players then that in itself might be a good indicator of financial confidence.

And so to the next transfer window and it all starts again.

Rangers

In: Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps), Darren McGregor (St Mirren), Kris Boyd (Kilmarnock), Marius Zaliukas (Leeds United), Lee Robinson (Raith Rovers)

Out: Andrew Little (Preston North End), Chris Hegarty (Linfield), Ross Perry (Raith Rovers), Charlie Telfer (Dundee United), Scott Gallacher (Hearts), Calum Gallacher (Cowdenbeath, loan)Robbie Crawford (Morton, Loan) Luca Gasparotto (Airdrie,loan)

Anyone notice that the last two (at least) windows the mhedia has told us that Wallace was being punted?

Can you show us where that was? Never seen any, but like countless other players I seen it mentioned some teams were interested in him

Aye but that was after I meant to unsettle him or fans

That's all I could find as a headline. Everything from earlier was about International Call-ups or making the right decision to stay for the fight.

Any specific rumours/seeds would be innocuously buried in other stories I guess.