Here's an idea ... securing the future of Ibrox etc

BroxyBear17

Ok, apologies in advance if you guys think I'm being too off the wall here...

We all know that Rangers will always be here no matter what happens over the next few weeks. However we have a few immediate problems -

1 - The board is a bunch of clowns.

2 - It looks like we're running out of cash.

3 - We've been given no assurances over the safety of the future of Ibrox, Murray Park, Albion Car Park etc.

Unfortunately the fans can't really do anything about 1 without potentially jeapordising 2 and 3.

So here is my suggestion... a new fans owned company, funded only by fans through some form of share issue, buys Ibrox etc from Rangers and leases it back to Rangers for a nominal rent.

This means that we secure 3 whilst also assisting 2.

The new company could be fronted by a board of 5 fans, one from each of the fans forums to ensure that the future of these assets are protected no matter what happens to the fortunes of the current custodians of the mighty Gers.

Thoughts?

We all know that Rangers will always be here no matter what happens over the next few weeks. However we have a few immediate problems -

3 - We've been given no assurances over the safety of the future of Ibrox, Murray Park, Albion Car Park etc.

Unfortunately the fans can't really do anything about 1 without potentially jeapordising 2 and 3.

So here is my suggestion... a new fans owned company, funded only by fans through some form of share issue, buys Ibrox etc from Rangers and leases it back to Rangers for a nominal rent.

The new company could be fronted by a board of 5 fans, one from each of the fans forums to ensure that the future of these assets are protected no matter what happens to the fortunes of the current custodians of the mighty Gers.

Thoughts?

I know it's Friday I know your probably pissed but if any fans group had the cash to actually buy Ibrox would they not just invest it / buy the club?

Just a though - oh and very generous fans to buy Ibrox and basically gift the ground for nothing - the world is full of rich Rangrs fans looking to help ..., oh wait ....,

Thoughts?

Are you sure that's your idea? http://www.ibrox1972.co.uk/

The best way to safeguard Ibrox, Murray Park etc would be to buy season tickets, merchandise etc. If you're eligible participate in the open share offer too.

Putting money into the club will reduce the chances of assets being sold off and the possibility of administration. Anyone that is actively calling for boycotts because the assets have not been ringfenced are a big part of the problem not part of the solution.