Team are better than they look

easterhouse64

I agree that there are players who would perform much better under a new, and more demanding regime. However, there is a majority of players that we, simply, need to get rid of ASAP. Players like Black and Moshni have fundamental attitudinal problems, and the likes of Peralta, Law, Smith, Foster etc are, simply not good enough.

Yes, we need to clear out our current management team, but we also need a root and branch review of our football 'systems'. It never fails to amaze me how other teams - no matter how lowly - always seem much fitter; better organised and much more 'hungry' than we are.

The malaise at Ibrox is profound, and strong medicene is required now!

I dont think many are blaming the team. ....yet.

So many have gone backwards since joining.

They do not appear motivated, organised or sometimes even interested.

We will not be able to sort out the wheat from the chaff until we get in a manager who knows what he is doing.

The tactics were as pish under Walter. The difference was that he scared the shit out of the players, so they performed. Ally isn't that type of character, proved by the fact Walter always came down from the stand, to bail him out in the cup games, when he was the assistant.

A Tony Pules or a Carachter like that would give these lazy Bastards we have a boot in the Baws.

Jock Wallace would have them running in to Training and Running back.

He would have taken Blacks Bentley Keys and thrown them in the Water of Lieth and told the wee cnut to dive in after them.

They need a Walter Smith figure to boot them in the balls and remind them who they play for.

(tu)

could you imagine a souness type with that clown Moshni at half time in the dressing room , putting in a performance like that and having the audacity to try and argue with the fans criticizing him whilst walking off. Don't know who half the players in that team think they are.

They need a Walter Smith figure to boot them in the balls and remind them who they play for.

I said after the ramsden cup final last season, when I seen McCoist patting players on the back on the way off the pitch, that if someone like Jock Wallace was still around then the players wouldn't have moved off the park for the fear of the absolute kicking they would receive in the dressing room after such an inept, and just downright half arsed, shite display.

Boyd can't score 20+ goals in the top division, then drop a division and score fuck all.

Something is fundamentally wrong with that, and it ain't Boyd.

(tu)

Add him to theist of other SPL proven players who moved to us and then regressed.

It's happened to too many players now to simply be a coincidence.

(tu)

Add him to theist of other SPL proven players who moved to us and then regressed.

It's happened to too many players now to simply be a coincidence.

Exactly.

SO you have to think there is truth in what Michael Stewart said yesterday about our coaching and training methods....why are these players doing so much better before they come to us?

I think it's staring us in the face and has been for years but we continue to mask over it.

The players we have now are not good enough to get by on only tlaent like the teams of yesteryear...they need to be worked on and know exactly what their roles are.

We look like a team who has never worked together or been part of the same group for more than a few weeks. Something has to change.

Exactly.

SO you have to think there is truth in what Michael Stewart said yesterday about our coaching and training methods....why are these players doing so much better before they come to us?

I think it's staring us in the face and has been for years but we continue to mask over it.

The players we have now are not good enough to get by on only tlaent like the teams of yesteryear...they need to be worked on and know exactly what their roles are.

We look like a team who has never worked together or been part of the same group for more than a few weeks. Something has to change.

The only people who seem to defend the current set up are ex players and people who are close to them.

There's been posts scattered about here from people on here who know other people within Scottish football who have claimed that our management team are considered as nothing more than limited (and that's me being kind with my choice of words) over the past couple of years and everything I've seen since McCoiat took over also points to that conclusion too.

How anybody still believes he's a guy who can win the SPL or go toe to toe with managers in European football is something I can't get my head around at all.

People who defend him go on about the lack of money he's had in comparison to other Tangers managers but that's just another black mark against him too IMO. If he had worked with the 'crap' he has and brought them on, got them well organised, punching above their weight and shown a bit of tactical sense then I would maybe say yeah maybe he could do better with a better class of player, because he's shown he can help shit players punch above their weight but the way he's toiling now makes me dread the thought of him ever getting another penny to spend.

Boyd can't score 20+ goals in the top division, then drop a division and score fuck all.

Something is fundamentally wrong with that, and it ain't Boyd.

Watched him coming off at halftime the other night. He looked totally hacked off, arse dragging along the turf. Something's not right there and it needs sorting pronto.

Watched him coming off at halftime the other night. He looked totally hacked off, arse dragging along the turf. Something's not right there and it needs sorting pronto.

I imagine it's down to route one, overly defensive football.

Last season Kilmarnock had pacy quick players in McKenzie, Johnston crossing balls and commiting defenders with direct running & later on a real forward thinking creative player in Eremenko playing close to help create chances for him, we have Peralta and Smith.

The fact that Daly said that him and Boyd were 'similar' types of players the other day told me all I need to know, and that's that we have no idea how to play to a guy who captained Kilmarnock, scored 20+ goals in a higher league and was a POTY nominee 6 months agos strengthes.

Some of them could be in an SPL winning team with a new manager. Others like Black and Moshni are dragging us down, I love Jig and cant put him in with those two as his problems are due to age rather than effort, but he needs dropped too.

We need leadership on the pitch, MIller will probably emerge as a captain type player.

I imagine it's down to route one, overly defensive football.

Last season Kilmarnock had pacy quick players in McKenzie, Johnston crossing balls and commiting defenders with direct running & later on a real forward thinking creative player in Eremenko playing close to help create chances for him, we have Peralta and Smith.

The fact that Daly said that him and Boyd were 'similar' types of players the other day told me all I need to know, and that's that we have no idea how to play to a guy who captained Kilmarnock, scored 20+ goals in a higher league and was a POTY nominee 6 months agos strengthes.

(tu)