Calum Gallagher

Really feel we made a mistake letting him go out on loan. Could have got first team experience playing with us. Especially with Miller being out there's games where we could have really done with him up front (was pretty obvious the Boyd/Daly partnership was never going to work). Also with Templeton and Aird the only really wingers we have he could have offered us something different out wide, a position he done really well when he got the chance last season. Would have improved our squad imo with his ability to play these positions and also offer us much needed pace and directness which we lack, especially when certain players are missing.

He looked likely to get more games out on loan considering the various attacking players we ahve at the club.

yes most of whom are shite, considering we had Peralta and Smith on the wings against Hibs then McKay and Gallagher should never have been loaned out both are far better players than those mentioned, I can see the logic in loaning out the likes of Halkett, Walsh, Crawford & McAusland but Gasparotto, McKay & Gallagher should have been kept and given game time,

yes most of whom are shite, considering we had Peralta and Smith on the wings against Hibs then McKay and Gallagher should never have been loaned out both are far better players than those mentioned, I can see the logic in loaning out the likes of Halkett, Walsh, Crawford & McAusland but Gasparotto, McKay & Gallagher should have been kept and given game time,

From what I've heard Gasparotto wasn't even all that great for the youths last season. Mackay didn't pull up any trees at Morton. Hopefully the loan spells will help them.

We should probably have kept him. He would have been effective coming off the bench during games and would have given us something a little bit different. The combination on Boyd and Daly doesn't work which means if Boyd and Clark isn't working, we don't really have a plan B at the moment, which is something Gallagher could've given us.

He's playing every week for Cowdenbeath at 20 years old and it's exactly what he needs right now. He's done well so far, poor game at the weekend apart, and if he can continue his good start over the next 3 months he'll be like a new signing in January.

Towards the end of last season he was the only positive and everyone in the crowd loved him and looked forward to him coming on.

I couldn't understand why he played in some games, and played well, and then was dropped again.

Thought he was going to get some serious game time this season after playing well in preseason then was found nowhere again!?

Would love to see him and Nicky Clark up front for a while

It's a great managerial philosophy McCoist has: Work hard, get into the first team, look exciting, make an impact - get loaned out.

I agree in sending the other young players but wtf must callum be thinking? What kind of reward is that to keep lesser older players in plans but get rid of someone like callum?

Mental progress is just as important as progress in skill and physicality, I know if I'd done what he'd done and got punted off to a wee team I'd feel like shit and think what the hell's the point in trying so hard.

I'm hoping that by the time these guys come back from their loan deals then they'll be ready to fight for a first team place. Let's be honest they couldn't be much worse than some of the guys we have in the starting XI just now :-(

He's playing every week for Cowdenbeath at 20 years old and it's exactly what he needs right now. He's done well so far, poor game at the weekend apart, and if he can continue his good start over the next 3 months he'll be like a new signing in January.

Agree with this.

Wether I agree with it or not he's at least fifth, potentially sixth, in the pecking order at the moment.

I'd rather he was playing games for sown body as opposed to sitting in the stand because he can't make the match day squad for us every week.