Whatever happened to the VB's smoking gun?

The Educator

:lol:

The picture was about the folk on here defending them based on nothing but their name. It was hardly slating them, in fact it didn't have anything directly to do with them. You could use your brain, but that doesn't suit your case, so...

You seem to have a problem with VB which most notice bar you.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: so yeah, about that smoking gun... any news?

Gogzy,

I am unsure if there is anything more to come on that episode as it was a series of articles written by VB Admin.

I may be wrong here but I believed the "smoking gun" was not Regan leaving the meeting,

It was Regan signing the piece of paper and agreeing to what ever the others decided was going to happen to Rangers Football Club.

In other words, He left the outcome of the future of Scotland's biggest club, in the hands of our fiercest haters.

I am not 100% sure where the phrase "Smoking Gun" originated.

I have to agree it is a pathetic thread it would have been simple if some just said " its still in the process or something to this effect

Aye, it's always better when folk just make stuff up.

Ridiculous overreaction on here to a guy basically saying he disagrees with the methods employed by VB in an article and questions how trustworthy the information was.

Gogzy,

I am unsure if there is anything more to come on that episode as it was a series of articles written by VB Admin.

I may be wrong here but I believed the "smoking gun" was not Regan leaving the meeting,

It was Regan signing the piece of paper and agreeing to what ever the others decided was going to happen to Rangers Football Club.

In other words, He left the outcome of the future of Scotland's biggest club, in the hands of our fiercest haters.

I am not 100% sure where the phrase "Smoking Gun" originated.

Had a look, I think "smoking gun" was Mr Brightside's phrase: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272077&st=0

He referenced this article: http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/sfa-agenda-exposed-soon.html

Looking back, VB promised to present some "potentially explosive documents concerning the SFA's integrity and impartiality over the handling of Rangers FC's "punishment" upon entering administration." They also promised information, which they provided - the fact Regan signed the document prior to completion is outrageous, and has been singularly ignored by all in the media and football World. It was claimed to be known all along by some individuals, if this is true it is to their eternal shame that they did not make this public, I simply cannot understand their motives for hushing it up.

I don't remember the documents, but that could be my memory (I'm not as young as I was...).

Sadly, the claim that "The documents and information we will present will leave the footballing authorities with many questions to answer regarding their professionalism and integrity whilst dealing with our club" didn't come to fruition, largely because the football and media worlds simply ignored the claim. That's no criticism of VB, it's disappointing (but revealing) that a claim of this magnitude simply 'goes away.'

All in all, probably through no fault of their own, the much fan-fared revelations came to pretty much nothing. Disappointing, but that seems to be the way it is in Scottish football.

Had a look, I think "smoking gun" was Mr Brightside's phrase: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272077&st=0

He referenced this article: http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/sfa-agenda-exposed-soon.html

Looking back, VB promised to present some "potentially explosive documents concerning the SFA's integrity and impartiality over the handling of Rangers FC's "punishment" upon entering administration." They also promised information, which they provided - the fact Regan signed the document prior to completion is outrageous, and has been singularly ignored by all in the media and football World. It was claimed to be known all along by some individuals, if this is true it is to their eternal shame that they did not make this public, I simply cannot understand their motives for hushing it up.

I don't remember the documents, but that could be my memory (I'm not as young as I was...).

Sadly, the claim that "The documents and information we will present will leave the footballing authorities with many questions to answer regarding their professionalism and integrity whilst dealing with our club" didn't come to fruition, largely because the football and media worlds simply ignored the claim. That's no criticism of VB, it's disappointing (but revealing) that a claim of this magnitude simply 'goes away.'

All in all, probably through no fault of their own, the much fan-fared revelations came to pretty much nothing. Disappointing, but that seems to be the way it is in Scottish football.

The problem with that piece was that it provided absolutely zero evidence whatsoever. If they provided proof rather than just making accusations I think it would have made a much bigger reaction. I don't really doubt the story but if it is to make any difference then they need to back these things up with evidence.

The problem with that piece was that it provided absolutely zero evidence whatsoever. If they provided proof rather than just making accusations I think it would have made a much bigger reaction. I don't really doubt the story but if it is to make any difference then they need to back these things up with evidence.

I appreciate that, I'd hope they had the evidence and would have been willing to provide it to the proper authorities or possibly even the media if asked. I don't know, a lot probably depends on the source and their anonymity requirements. As you say, if they are unable to provide the evidence it's a rumour.

Having said that, the media didn't shy away from reporting rumour without evidence during the whole debacle when it was a negative story about Rangers. In fact, they generally won awards when they did!

I appreciate that, I'd hope they had the evidence and would have been willing to provide it to the proper authorities or possibly even the media if asked. I don't know, a lot probably depends on the source and their anonymity requirements. As you say, if they are unable to provide the evidence it's a rumour.

Having said that, the media didn't shy away from reporting rumour without evidence during the whole debacle when it was a negative story about Rangers. In fact, they generally won awards when they did!

I was hoping that after the piece was challenged that they would maybe revisit the article and add the evidence later. They must have it surely if it is true which is one of the more frustrating aspects.

For the media to take our stories seriously we probably need to have twice the evidence than others do.

I don't have a problem with VB per se. I have a problem with the love-in some of our fans have with them. I also see you chose not to address the actual point of my post...

Your initial point if there was one lost its veracity once you said this "You could use your brain, but that doesn't suit your case, so..." .

Your initial point if there was one lost its veracity once you said this "You could use your brain, but that doesn't suit your case, so..." .

An initial point that you're once again ignoring in order to post more inane nonsense.

Are you deliberately being contraire, or are you just incapable of actually processing what others say?

They got distracted attempting to get public sector employees sacked for supporting a football club.

Several pages of digs, innuendo and snide comments could have been avoided had you resisted having this dig in the first instance.

I'm sure you had your reasons, but frankly it was an uncalled for comment from you.

Several pages of digs, innuendo and snide comments could have been avoided had you resisted having this dig in the first instance.

I'm sure you had your reasons, but frankly it was an uncalled for comment from you.

Make a post like that about any other group and it's just part of the thread, say it about VB and it's a forum stopper.

An initial point that you're once again ignoring in order to post more inane nonsense.

Are you deliberately being contraire, or are you just incapable of actually processing what others say?

Should you not be away making some more wee pictures about VB.

Make a post like that about any other group and it's just part of the thread, say it about VB and it's a forum stopper.

i have read some articles vb have done in trying to seek justice for our club can i ask you what has been your input

This is my one bugbear about VB.

I love the work they do for the most part, but it seems if an critisism ever goes their way then the dummy is spat

It amuses me that a vb admin comes here, calls this place a shithole ( which is a worse insult than anythig said by compton) yet noone cares about that :lol:

Very childish IMO..