Burton's selling Gers top, now offline!

WilliamFyfe

I'm just off the phone to them and will be getting a call back from them shortly.

The image was removed while I was on hold.

However, my complaint was not against Burtons (who are innocent in this) or to have the offending product removed (I knew that would happen) but to have the offending supplier (Stolen Souls) investigated and sanctioned.

Copyright is not the issue here either. Public order is the issue. If this was created knowingly to cause offence, it's a criminal act.

With respect GB, Burtons purchasing department should have done the research before buying the t-shirt. At a glance I think Stolen Souls are an American company so the use of the image by them is more understandable. I have been unable to find any image of the T Shirt on the Facebook page link or on the website of the 'artist' mentioned ITT.

It is beholden on the retailer to thoroughly investigate any potential issues so they are, ultimately, responsible. I've had the standard reply to my e-mail and awaiting an update.

Update: If you look for the image it comes back as Stolen Skulls rather than Stolen Souls so it may be the aforementioned company weren't responsible for the design?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect GB, Burtons purchasing department should have done the research before buying the t-shirt. At a glance I think Stolen Souls are an American company so the use of the image by them is more understandable. I have been unable to find any image of the T Shirt on the Facebook page link or on the website of the 'artist' mentioned ITT.

It is beholden on the retailer to thoroughly investigate any potential issues so they are, ultimately, responsible. I've had the standard reply to my e-mail and awaiting an update.

No, I don't think it's reasonable to expect Burtons to spot this.

I think it's reasonable to expect Burtons to react swiftly once it's highlighted. So far, so good. Let's see what they're prepared to do to get to the bottom of it.

There is a phone number to contact them 0844 243 0000.

I've just sent an e-mail as follows:

'I wish to register my disgust at your adulteration of an iconic image for your 'White Stolen Skulls Print T Shirt'. The image is instantly recognisable by thousands as an appallingly adulterated version of a team photograph of the 1877 Rangers cup winning team. Do your company not do any research at all or are you trying to appeal to a section of Scottish football fans who will delight in using this item to mock Rangers fans following recent, extremely well publicised events surrounding the club.

Do your company feel it is right to insult the memories of the men who founded Scotlands most succesful football club? I think the least your company could do would be to:

a) Withdraw this item from sale.

b) Issue an apology to the thousands of Rangers fans you have offended,

c) Offer any profit you have made from this item to the Rangers Charity Foundation or a charity of their choice.

I await your response at your earliest convenience.'

I've only now taken the time to read that post fully.

Well said Eagle. :clap:

(I still haven't received that call back btw)

Fucking outrageous. I hope the results of Burtons' investigation is made known. I'd like to know the result of any disciplinary/legal action in relation to who was responsible for creating this t-shirt. Too much of a coincidence for me.

Fucking outrageous. I hope the results of Burtons' investigation is made known. I'd like to know the result of any disciplinary/legal action in relation to who was responsible for creating this t-shirt. Too much of a coincidence for me.

I'm sure plenty will follow it up to find out the relevant information if they don't disclose it in response to the complaints.