• Keep
    • Release
  11. 11. Lee Robinson

• Keep
    • Release
  12. 12. Sebastian Faure

• Keep
    • Release

McCulloch release should have been done end of last season.

Miller keep

Boyd keep

Black keep

Daly keep

Moshni release

Smith release

Hutton release

Foster release

Simonsen release

Robinson keep

Faure release should have been done already.

You can't just release people who have contracts, so what did you want to happen with McCulloch for example?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres not a lot you can do with guys who are under contract apart from having them up for sale.Does anyone believe anyone would have paid any kind of money for the likes of McCulloch FFS.He is done has been for 2 seasons,if you actually go to the games and watch him he is done for pace every time so he resorts to pulling guys down as he knows hes fucked.Ive said on previous threads have a look at a real man of the club in Carlos Puyol who walked away from a remaining 2 years of his contract at Barca.Why because the man knew he was past his best through age or injury but at least he had the dignity and best thoughts for his club to do so.Does anyone honestly think Jig would do the same? FFS have a look at it.Just another so called Rangers man taking all he can get and most likely looking for some kind of coaching post when he is finished playing.Fucking joke.

You cannot just release players these days. You just do not renew contracts when they come to an end.

Every player that has a contract until the summer will still be at the club in February unless they get a decent offer to move in January. So who on the list would be wanted, made an offer and then leave? I would suggest that with the exception of Wallace and McLeod all the other players currently at the club will remain until May.

No point in letting Ally bring in players IF he is not going to be in charge come June. Better to let all players leave in the Summer and let a new manager (please) bring in his own players for the Premiership.

Only players I'd keep are Bell, Wallace, Lewis, Clark, McGreggor and Aird.

The rest would not be missed.

Those are the only ones I'd be certain about. One or two of the rest are maybes. But that's probably it. (not including loanees and youth players, of course)

Only one I would maybe keep is Miller on a one year deal.

As for the fuckin rest...please release me !!!!

My thoughts too. Even then I've given Kenny the benefit of the doubt because of his stop start return, but on the whole he looks our most dangerous striker.

Looks like most would like to see half of the regular first team released. But would we be able to find better replacements on similar wages?

That's s salient point because if we fail to get promotion many of those 12 guys will walk and we will have a quick rebuild to do.

Looks like most would like to see half of the regular first team released. But would we be able to find better replacements on similar wages?

Well let's face it...it's hardly value for money is it.

I'm pretty sure we could get someone on a fraction of the cost of Jig who would actually do something of use.

From that list I would only be looking to keep Miller, Boyd or Daly, Smith and possibly Black (on reduced terms only).

Do you think Miller has it in his legs to go another season and at a higher level?

He will be 34/35 will he not.

I'd also say no to Boyd, unless we magically get players in to create for him he won't be useful to us. If we are going to play the punts then Daly is far more effective if not as prolific.

Do you think Miller has it in his legs to go another season and at a higher level?

He will be 34/35 will he not.

I'd also say no to Boyd, unless we magically get players in to create for him he won't be useful to us. If we are going to play the punts then Daly is far more effective if not as prolific.

I wouldn't want Miller starting every week but I think we need some experienced players in the squad for the top league and if it's a straight choice between him and McCulloch to take the role in the squad I'd choose him every time.

Agree on both counts RE Boyd and Daly but ideally I would have McCoist replaced in the Summer and hopefully it would be with somebody else who can set us up in a way that allows Boyd to find his confidence again. If not then Daly can still be handful coming off the bench in awkward away games and the like. It needs to be one or the other though.

Smith, I think is poor, but he's a cheap earner and we don't exactly have a highly rated left back coming though the youth system (like they would get a chance anyway) to take his place so I would look to keep him purely as a back up for six months or so. No more of this playing him in midfield piss though.

According to the official website we have 24 players in the first team squad which accounts for 26% of the turnover of 25.2 million which equates to a first team bill of £6,552,000.

This means that the average wage is £273,000 a year or £5250 a week. Obviously there will be a few high earners like Jig but I doubt there will be many of the squad under 2k a week......I will stand corrected if wrong. I would feel that if someone was pulling in 1k whilst someone else was on 8-10k and playing mince it would cause serious divisions.

Whose the 15 jokers that want to keep Kyle Hutton? :ph34r:

Kyle Hutton is a better football player than black and perhaps law. Our current problem isn't so much the players. It's the tactics and certain players being given a place in the team regardless of form and played out of position when one of the favourites need a game. As things stand I would be playing -

Bell

Foster

Mcgregor

Moshni

Wallace

Aird

Macleod

Hutton

Templeton

Miller

Boyd

Wingers will get Boyd decent chances to score. Hutton will sit deep to allow the full backs to push on. Macleod box to box.

Kyle Hutton is a better football player than black and perhaps law. Our current problem isn't so much the players. It's the tactics and certain players being given a place in the team regardless of form and played out of position when one of the favourites need a game. As things stand I would be playing -

Bell

Foster

Mcgregor

Moshni

Wallace

Aird

Macleod

Hutton

Templeton

Miller

Boyd

Wingers will get Boyd decent chances to score. Hutton will sit deep to allow the full backs to push on. Macleod box to box.

Only first team subs we need would be

A keeper - none of the two that's there. Someone around 20

Faure - looks okay in his own position and can cover rb allowing foster to cover lb.

Black can cover Hutton

Law to cover Macleod

McKay can cover both wings

Clarke covers strikers

Rest can be youth players.

Bell

Foster

Mcgregor

Moshni

Wallace

Aird

Macleod

Hutton

Templeton

Miller

Boyd

Moshni,Hutton and Templeton in the same side gives me nightmares 3 awful footballers

Imho I think law is better than black and I think it should be lewis and law in the middle because all black does is pass backwards get someone injured or get carded, not to mention his freekicks and shooting are shite.

I think law would be able to excel with a better quality of player beside him, preferably someone that can create chances for the strikers, because both of our current midfielders aren't creative, but law is the type of player that gets past players and can be a goal threat as he showed against kilmarnock.

Fuck knows what the coaches are doing with the team on the training ground because there has been a select few of the rangers players that have been consintent.

My opinion:

There are a number of young Rangers players out on loan who I feel are very good young players.

If the club is to be financially sustainable, many of these players should be taken back into the club next season and integrated into the first team. This, I believe, will solve 2 problems -- older players coming to the end of their contracts (and perhaps their careers), and younger players needing to succeed for Rangers.

Another aim should be a progressive/technical manager who is absolutely committed to playing quick football on the ground, with no exceptions.

This is assuming that the people in control of Rangers want to modernise the football being played.