If McCoist overcomes this 9 point margin, ...

OlegKuznetsov

We should never have been 9 points behind regardless, it's been an almighty fuck up we have made of it so far.

The minimum at Rangers in these circumstances is a league win and a lower league cup win...we have not met those expectations under McCoist which is why over 90% of gers want him out.

Regardless of how what happens it's been made very clear he will never be the man to lead us forward, the majority of bears agree on that.

As I said "haters gonna hate".

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should never have been 9 points behind regardless, it's been an almighty fuck up we have made of it so far.

The minimum at Rangers in these circumstances is a league win and a lower league cup win...we have not met those expectations under McCoist which is why over 90% of gers want him out.

Regardless of how what happens it's been made very clear he will never be the man to lead us forward, the majority of bears agree on that.

Right, let's assume (and I know its a big assumption) he becomes an almighty success this season. Rangers win the league, challenge and Scottish Cup and the success continued into following seasons. Are you saying that regardless of that he should still be sacked and that everyone was right? Surely that's not how managers anywhere else would be judged by their fans. As long as a manager is in his post he has a chance to prove people wrong and turns things around. Am not saying he will achieve that but I think its a sad state of affairs if some fans could not give him the credit he would deserve if he delivered.

It took more than half a season of under-acievement for me to settle on my opinion that he is a poor manager. It will take more than half a season of competent management to reverse that opinion.

All opinion of course. I would never claim my opinion as FACT. FACT.

Right, let's assume (and I know its a big assumption) he becomes an almighty success this season. Rangers win the league, challenge and Scottish Cup and the success continued into following seasons. Are you saying that regardless of that he should still be sacked and that everyone was right? Surely that's not how managers anywhere else would be judged by there fans. As long as a manager is in his post he has a chance to prove people wrong and turns things around. Am not saying he will achieve that bit I think its a sad state of affairs if some fans cannot give him the credit he would deserve if he delivered.

Why should it just be judged on this season? The people who want him out are not basing it just on this season so why should anyone else?

The facts are Ally McCoist has made hard work of his current job at Rangers.

He has got us chucked out of Europe twice in the one season.

He has got us knocked out the cup against a team in the division below us.

He got us pumped at Ibrox from Dundee United before admin

He blew a HUGE lead in the SPL before admin

Then we move on to when we went down to Div 3 where we had a squad filled with former SPL players and other European footballers like Cribari.

We lost and drew multiple games against teams and players who were part time…training once a week.

We got knocked out the Ramsdens at Ibrox by QoTS.

We got battered by ICT in the cup at Ibrox

We got humped by Dundee United in the other cup.

Div 2 more of the same, got turned over AGAIN at home by Dundee United, lost a lower league cup final to Raith Rovers and continued to play turgid, boring and utterly armature level football.

This season we have already been turned over by Hearts and Hibs at Ibrox, while Hearts also pumped us at their place…we find ourselves 9 points behind Hearts in December.

So no regardless of what happens this season Ally McCoist should be out on his useless arse because he has no place managing this club and is clearly not made of the right stuff for it.

You do hate the guy though. You are blinkered and full of 3 years of resentment. You won't give the guy credit no matter what he wins.

:lol:

I don't hate him.

I dislike him as a manager.

Love him as a player and club legend.

Again it's people like you who because people want him sacked it means they hate him and always have.

It's just that the majority of bears have more than once brain cell and can actually see past blind loyalty.

You do hate the guy though. You are blinkered and full of 3 years of resentment. You won't give the guy credit no matter what he wins.

You should be too, he's made a mess of our club and took a fortune out of it in the process.

He's well out of his depth, it's unfortunate people are quick to gloss over his incompetence because of who he is.

Throwing the hate tag around is a weak argument as well, you know the points he makes is right.

:lol:

I don't hate him.

I dislike him as a manager.

Love him as a player and club legend.

Again it's people like you who because people want him sacked it means they hate him and always have.

It's just that the majority of bears have more than once brain cell and can actually see past blind loyalty.

I'm sure you said somewhere you hated him, or was it despised him?

Sorry that I don't have more than "once brain cell" Sigmund.

Maybe I should have moaned and threw tantrums for 3 years and achieved the grand sum of nothing by doing so.

If he does win us the league (not by play offs) then I'll give him credit for doing so. However I still think no matter what he should be replaced.

If he gets us back into the premiership there's no shame in walking away then. Maybe years from now when another generation look back (that don't remember the shite football) then he'll be known as not only one of the greatest players we had but the manager that got us back up through the leagues to where we belong after all the shit we've been put through.

Why should it just be judged on this season? The people who want him out are not basing it just on this season so why should anyone else?

Then we move on to when we went down to Div 3 where we had a squad filled with former SPL players and other European footballers like Cribari.

We lost and drew multiple games against teams and players who were part time…training once a week.

Div 2 more of the same, got turned over AGAIN at home by Dundee United, lost a lower league cup final to Raith Rovers and continued to play turgid, boring and utterly armature level football.

This season we have already been turned over by Hearts and Hibs at Ibrox, while Hearts also pumped us at their place…we find ourselves 9 points behind Hearts in December.

So no regardless of what happens this season Ally McCoist should be out on his useless arse because he has no place managing this club and is clearly not made of the right stuff for it.

There no point in running off McCoists poor record because every Gers fan knows it including myself. Thats got nothing to do with what the debate is about. Its a theoretical question about Ally being succesful. Your saying a manager isn't judged on their most recent season but when its a case of judging that season a success or whether he stays in charge it has to be. How many managers have had slow starts and may have had 2 poor seasons before getting it right in season 3? The fans and the board would then back that manager based on the success of that most recent season. I don't see why it should be any different if Ally has a successful season.

I'm sure you said somewhere you hated him, or was it despised him?

Sorry that I don't have more than "once brain cell" Sigmund.

Maybe I should have moaned and threw tantrums for 3 years and achieved the grand sum of nothing by doing so.

Find the quote where I said either of these things.

If not shut the fuck up.

(tu)

There no point in running off McCoists poor record because every Gers fan knows it including myself. Thats gor nothing to do with what the debate is about. Its a theoretical question about Ally being succesful. Your saying a manager isnt judged on a single season but when its a case of judging that season a success or whether he stays in charge it has to be. How many managers have had slow starts and may have had 2 poor seasons before getting it right in season 3? The fans and the board would then back that manager based on the success of that most recent season. I don't see why it should be any different if Ally has a successful season.

He hasn't got it right in his third season though, we are trailing by a huge amount currently.

If anything this is just going in the same direction as before, where we are losing important games...only this time there are no part time teams to bail us out.

If Hearts collapse and we take advantage then great but it won’t be down to Ally and his management as we all know that is severely lacking. One of the staunchest supporters on this issue and Ally even said if we go on to win then Ally should still stand down and taking everything into consideration then that’s the right decision.

We can’t afford to fuck about anymore because every mistake we make will hurt us in the years to come, standing by a man who we all know isn’t cut out for it due to nothing more than loyalty is hugely incompetent and damages the future of our club.

It comes down to what’s most important to you…

Ally McCoist or The Rangers

I know what one it is for me.

If I find a quote will you give me credit for finding it? :pipe:

If you find any post where I say I 'HATE' or 'Despise' Ally the man then of course.

I've made it clear I don't like his tenure as manager or the way he goes about his managerial roles.

Posters trying to claim a Rangers fan hates McCoist is crazy...how could anyone hate their greatest ever goalscorer and maybe eveb player?

My old man chanted for Greig to go, lined up at the gates with hundreds of others....he doesn't hate Greig. He didn't like him as manager though

I'd reconsider, definitely. As long as McCoist keeps winning leagues, he's entitled to stay as the manager IMO. In any normal circumstance just now (i.e. if we could afford it) I'd expect him to be sacked, but if he isn't and he wins the league then I would change my opinion on that.

Rangers win all the competitions they are in and McCoist becomes Scottish Manager of the year. Do things change?

For me, it would be a great achievement for Ally and for him to depart on a high. But for the good of the club as a whole he needs to move on and let someone else take the reins for the next era.

BANG......and there's yer' dinner!!

Post of the day.

McCoist isn't being judged on this week, last week, last month or indeed this season......he is being judged on three seasons of incompetence - end of.

9 points is not a big margin to see overturned. The effect of injuries may cause Hearts to drop points. Yesterday's defeat may dishearten them for their next league game.

Of course we may be unlucky with injuries or lose a player or two in January (good players I mean not all the hangers on) and that might hurt us. We have a better squad to cope I think.

NOt that I think it will happen for a second, but if we do claw back the 9 points, and go on to win the league, as well as winning a cup or two, then I think to NOT give Ally credit for it would be a massive disservice, especially considering the slating he takes for doing things wrong.

THat being said, I can't see that happening so it's probably a moot point.