DJ urges board not to bow to fan pressure over Ally

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should try and become more mature like those who tell him to Fuck Off because they don't like his opinion?

its not so much dont like his opinion - I simply cant understand it as it flies in the face of almost all logic. DJ wants ally to finish the job because its Ally - no more no less. That does not bear up to rational scrutiny and therefore his views are subject to complete derision.

Expect the DR to carry a stoory from B. Ferguson telling us to have faith in Ally.

Also Que pre -Christmas visit to Yorkhill Sick Children's ward this week as Pro-Ally PR notches up a gear into overdrive and deflection. Drivel like "fans need to to get a reality check as being at a place like this just shows you our problems are not real problems" or "it makes you humble as it puts your own problems into perspective" .......maybe I am just too cynical and raw after this week's shambles.

its not so much dont like his opinion - I simply cant understand it as it flies in the face of almost all logic. DJ wants ally to finish the job because its Ally - no more no less. That does not bear up to rational scrutiny and therefore his views are subject to complete derision.

I am more irritated with the responses that were the first ones on this thread, the typical comments we have come to expect against anyone who does have a differing view to the party line.

I know this is only an anonymous Internet forum, but I get pissed off seeing the lack of respect that people find it so easy to show.

Also Que pre -Christmas visit to Yorkhill Sick Children's ward this week as Pro-Ally PR notches up a gear into overdrive and deflection. Drivel like "fans need to to get a reality check as being at a place like this just shows you our problems are not real problems" or "it makes you humble as it puts your own problems into perspective" .......maybe I am just too cynical and raw after this week's shambles.

no i dont think you are being cynical - there will be a huge amount of deflection away from the core issues in the pipeline.

If he actually gave valid and reasonable reasons as to why Ally shouldn't be sacked then he wouldn't get the abuse.

Treat fans like mugs then be prepared to be treated like one.

The old pals act is cringe and nearly everyone to a man is on to it now.

The Jigs up (if only it was the player).

I am more irritated with the responses that were the first ones on this thread, the typical comments we have come to expect against anyone who does have a differing view to the party line.

I know this is only an anonymous Internet forum, but I get pissed off seeing the lack of respect that people find it so easy to show.

I think this forum is relatively tame to be honest - and frankly I can see why people are getting pissed off - their intelligence is being insulted by people like DJ on a day to day basis.

If he actually gave valid and reasonable reasons as to why Ally shouldn't be sacked then he wouldn't get the abuse.

Treat fans like mugs then be prepared to be treated like one.

The old pals act is cringe and nearly everyone to a man is on to it now.

The Jigs up (if only it was the player).

exactly - there is not one valid argument to back up his support of ally - other than its ally.

Have we learned nothing. Throwing money at it wont make it go away DJ.

Two issue with that

1. Ally already has a squad the envy of most teams in Scotland

2. He has proven he doesnt have much in the way of talent spotting. Most signings he made were of players already established in Scotland and players from our youth ranks.

exactly - there is not one valid argument to back up his support of ally - other than its ally.

Spot on mate. You can guarantee that if we had a non-Ranger in charge at this moment, DJ et al would be calling for his head. They want him to succeed so much, like us all, but it clouds their judgement.

Basically, his view is 'he has achieved promotion the last two seasons and should be given the chance to finish the job this season as well' and 'the players are getting off with it'

Nobody has to agree with him, but it is where his view is.

My response to this would be how can you say that's his only goal when we were in a part time cup 3 years on the trott and didn't win it a single time.

Also IF his only goal was promotion then he is currently failing miserably in that so even if that was the only goal at Rangers (Which it clearly isn't) he should be sacked on the spot for being miles behind Hearts already.

The next point about the players getting off with it I'd say why does he keep picking the same players every single week if they are the ones letting him down? Why would you keep picking players who are letting you down? If so then it's your own fault for being incompetent at your job.

So if these are his arguments then there’s more holes in them than a watering can. The only reasonable conclusion I can get from his words are he doesn’t want his pal out a job or hounded out the gates by fans. If so that’s nice and all but save it for yer pals and family and don’t feed the loyal fans who paid your wages with this bile.

My response to this would be how can you say that's his only goal when we were in a part time cup 3 years on the trott and didn't win it a single time.

Also IF his only goal was promotion then he is currently failing miserably in that so even if that was the only goal at Rangers (Which it clearly isn't) he should be sacked on the spot for being miles behind Hearts already.

The next point about the players getting off with it I'd say why does he keep picking the same players every single week if they are the ones letting him down? Why would you keep picking players who are letting you down? If so then it's your own fault for being incompetent at your job.

So if these are his arguments then there’s more holes in them than a watering can. The only reasonable conclusion I can get from his words are he doesn’t want his pal out a job or hounded out the gates by fans. If so that’s nice and all but save it for yer pals and family and don’t feed the loyal fans who paid your wages with this bile.

I am not saying his view is not simplistic, and i think arguing the points is pretty straightforward. All I am saying is I would rather people did that than be so immediately abusive - in a lot of cases probably not reading the article.

It’s not just this that I am talking about when coming to my conclusion about DJ.

It’s been an on-going thing for quite a few years with him. He sits in that studio letting many a person be it caller or co-host/guest rip into our club while saying not a thing or even at times agreeing with them…I’ve heard it with my own ears. That’s fine if it’s his opinion but he contradicts himself all the bloody time when he then writes articles for whatever rag he is working for.

So when I add in the consistent backing of our current manager no matter the result or performance (league, cup or position in league) then it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Just because he played for Rangers and was a successful player we as fans are to accept what he has to say even when it quite clearly is utter nonsense? I as a person say things as I see them…a person background and history mean very little to me when judging someone on what they have said or done.

If DJ IMO is talking pish and acting like a moron then I’ll be saying just that, couldn’t care less if he won it all or not with us. This isn’t about his status as a former Ger…it’s about his current role in trying to fob off the support and potentially damage our club with this old pals against everyone else mentality.