McCoist BBC News

The New Era

Under-fire Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes he can still make an impact at the club, despite their midweek loss to Alloa.

"I think I've still got a job to do," he said. "I've said all along the job is to get the team back to the top flight, where we feel we belong.

"That hasn't altered. My focus hasn't altered. I was aware it would be a bumpy ride with a few hiccups along the way and that is proving to be the case. But we can't allow ourselves to shift our focus away from getting back to the top flight.

"All I can do is assure the supporters I will be doing my level best, 100 percent, to turn these performances around. I would ask them for their continued support for the team. That's all we can ask for."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That hasn't altered. My focus hasn't altered. I was aware it would be a bumpy ride with a few hiccups along the way and that is proving to be the case."

Sorry but a few hiccups?

Getting pumped out of every single cup we have entered which so far is 9 competitions including 3 part time cups. (not including Europe)

Losing home and away to Hearts, getting pumped at home to Hibs and being 9 points off the pace already...

A few hiccups?

Give over ya liar.

Should have read:

"I am doing my level best to make sure that myself and good pals are still in the money, getting paid the highest wages in the whole of Scottish football now Lemon has gone, while delivering in no particular order:

A soundbite that will be used to beat us with for years to come

Malmo

Maribor

Blowing a 15 point league over the scum

Dundee Utd, Falkirk, QoS, Raith Rovers, Forfar, Alloa (x3), Peterhead, Annan Athletic... am I missing any lads? ]

An ageing squad so poor, so one paced, that will need replaced not enhanced

1 decent youngster from the throws of the best training facilities in Scotland

A brand of football that based on the blueprint of Wimbledon AFC (1981)

All for the pursly sum of a few million in wages and a few million in shares. You get what you pay for in this tough league."

Just FUCK OFF ALLY !!!! You selfish, arrogant, money grabbing plum!!!

Did i read that right? Ally actually thinks his job is just to get us back to the Premier League???

What the fuck are we gonna do when we get there when we need 20 new players and we've no money, no infrastructure and no momentum!?

Doesn't matter.

Ally will be running through the streets and up the stone steps like Rocky Balboa thinking he's actually achieved something.

Guys a bloody loser.

"Have I lost the confidence of the fans? No, no. As you would fully expect and understand, there has been a lot of discontent and unhappiness with Wednesday's result. I totally understand and respect that.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/u/mccoist-ive-still-got-the-boards-backing-i-wont-walk-away.1417781942

You are so wrong ally

The heat is definitely on and he knows it, it's in the mhedia, social networks and on the streets and he STILL doesn't get it.

Thick skinned as fuck, his only consideration is himself, not the greater good of The Rangers.

Can't produce decent football nor do the decent thing in resigning.

A very dishonourable man indeed.

Please Santa, grant me my Christmas wish of McClown being gone by Monday, otherwise, like McClown, I won't believe in you anymore

Did i read that right? Ally actually thinks his job is just to get us back to the Premier League???

What the fuck are we gonna do when we get there when we need 20 new players and we've no money, no infrastructure and no momentum!?

Most of those issues highlight how bad the board has been.

Ally's main task is to get us back to the top division, one which he looks to have messed up.

That hasn't altered. My focus hasn't altered. I was aware it would be a bumpy ride with a few hiccups along the way and that is proving to be the case."

Sorry but a few hiccups?

Getting pumped out of every single cup we have entered which so far is 9 competitions including 3 part time cups. (not including Europe)

Losing home and away to Hearts, getting pumped at home to Hibs and being 9 points off the pace already...

A few hiccups?

Give over ya liar.

Let's hope to feck he doesn't take up medicine after his megabucks stint! We have the whopping cough and he calls it hiccups. FFS

He thinks he still has the backing of the fans??? Sorry but the lower attendances at the games is less to do with the board situation and more to do with the manager and the football on offer, of course a few will still support him.

As this ain't a personal computer I can't cut and paste from the BBC website but there is a fresh article on it.

Under-fire Ally McCoist believes he still has the confidence of the Rangers board - and the club's supporters.

The Rangers manager faced more angry chants from fans afterWednesday's Petrofac Training Cup semi-final defeat by part-timers Alloa Athletic.

Asked if he still had the backing of the board, the club's record goalscorer said: "Absolutely, yeah.

"Have I lost the confidence of the fans? No, no. But you always get a reaction from poorer results."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist

"One more defeat certainly won't be the breaking point for me. I've said all along the job is to get the team back to the top flight, where we feel we belong."

McCoist was responding to reports suggesting that there were members of the Glasgow club's board who wanted the 52-year-old replaced.

"I haven't heard otherwise," he said when asked if he still commanded board support. "I imagine that question has been asked following some of the comments in some of the newspapers this morning.

"I haven't read them all, but nobody has told me otherwise that I don't have the support of the board.

"I don't feel the need to seek reassurance."

What is known is that, with the cost of sacking McCoist and his assistants standing at £1.4m, any changes are off the table considering the Ibrox club's finances.

Ahead of the defeat in Alloa, the former Scotland striker had received criticism from fans after his side dropped nine points behind Scottish Championship rivals Hearts following a 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle.

McCoist insisted on Wednesday he has no plans to resign and reiterated that at Friday's pre-match news conference ahead of Saturday's visit to Ibrox by Cowdenbeath.

"I think I've still got a job to do," he said. "I've said all along the job is to get the team back to the top flight, where we feel we belong.

_79534886_alloa.jpg

Rangers lost a 2-0 lead as they lost Wednesday's semi-final 3-2 to Alloa

"I was aware it would be a bumpy ride with a few hiccups along the way and that is proving to be the case.

"But we can't allow ourselves to shift our focus away from getting back to the top flight.

"One more defeat certainly won't be the breaking point for me. You have got to be strong and you've got to be focused. That will always be the case for me."

The defeat by Alloa means that Rangers have won only one of their last four games and McCoist said he could "totally understand" the "discontent and unhappiness" among the fans.

However, he pointed out that the victory came with a fine 3-0 defeat of Premiership side Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup.

McCoist said his record 355 goals and nine championship medals during his 15 years as a Rangers player should not shield him from criticism.

"People will make their own judgements, which I totally respect," he added.

"All I can do is assure the supporters I will be doing my level best, 100%, to turn these performances around."

The worrying thing is he thinks hes still got the backing of the fans and a few hiccups this man is deluded his old pals are filling him with false information of him doing a good job, the poor mans going insane with this false sense of security.