Ibrox Stewards..

WATPRFC1872.

Was at the game yesterday sitting in the main stand near the east enclosure and no long after the 30th minute mark, one of our fans collapses no far behind me and my mate. The whole stand were literally screaming at the stewards to come help and they just stood there for 2-3 minutes, knowing one of our supporters needed help. Disgusting to be honest I can only hope the person is okay now but I seen a stretcher for the poor fellow.

Something similar in Bf4, there was two small groups of guys screaming abuse at each other, and squaring up steward was just standing watching, other fans started getting involved when one of the groups started shouting Scottish bastards, people were appealing to the steward to intervene but he said no point the won't listen to me.

Tbh hoenest it fucking health and saftey gone mad these cunts are told not to get involved they have no self awareness and could easily be replaced with a yellow cardboard cutout they are fucking pointless hope our bear was ok

its not really health and safety it's more crowd safety which is completely different but I do agree they are fucking a waste of space unless your singing naughty words

ffs in my day you could have 60,000K++ at Ibrox but if someone went down then those around were quick to 'wave a white hankie'. Within minutes the guys from the St Johns ambulance service would be have fought their way through the crowd and attended to the injured party. Guys were amazing.

Is that what the stretcher was for then? Seen paramedics carrying it but no player was injured. Hope the person is well.

That said...the stewards aren't gonna get involved. They just stand about doing hehaw or walk up/down the stairs. Useless!

If something happens to a fellow bear we all gotta look out for each other. If someone collapsed near me I'd be away to help them. As shite as the football is at the moment we all come to ibrox to support the team on a saturday afternoon. Don't want to see anyone in any bother at the game.

Do people really expect all these stewards to hold pukka first aid certificates?

Why would you expect someone on the minimum wage, be able to perform life saving techniques.

They could do more harm than good if untrained.

There should be a number of first aiders on site that respond to those situations.

The majority of these stewards probably only get a few games a year, so totally unreasonable to give them a hard time for any lack of training.

As for those name calling people on a minimum wage, shocking, suppose they are all on six figure salaries.

Fair play to them for looking for a job.

There for the grace of god.

I worked as a Steward while I was at College. I was told to simply watch a door, an exit, if I did segregation then I stood up whenever a goal was scored. I did Old Firm games and the Edinburugh derby. If there's a fight I'm not getting involved because they don't pay me enough for that shite. I simply go and alert a Police officer. If someone's taken ill then I go find a paramedic.

I was at the last game of the season up at Hearts. They had a tradition of fans walking on to the park at the end of the final game. My boss at that time told me to "stop them". There was about 10k people and all they had to do was hop over the little walls all around the pitch it's impossible. In any case, I'm not going to stop anyone, or tell anyone off, or put my hands on anyone. They don't pay enough and I'd end up being done for assault.

In terms of the medial issue. Even if I ran to help someone who had collapse I'm not qualified to do anything. If I move them I could do more harm than good and I'd be liable. What would you expect me to do? I'm not a fucking Doctor.

I worked as a Steward while I was at College. I was told to simply watch a door, an exit, if I did segregation then I stood up whenever a goal was scored. I did Old Firm games and the Edinburugh derby. If there's a fight I'm not getting involved because they don't pay me enough for that shite. I simply go and alert a Police officer. If someone's taken ill then I go find a paramedic.

I was at the last game of the season up at Hearts. They had a tradition of fans walking on to the park at the end of the final game. My boss at that time told me to "stop them". There was about 10k people and all they had to do was hop over the little walls all around the pitch it's impossible. In any case, I'm not going to stop anyone, or tell anyone off, or put my hands on anyone. They don't pay enough and I'd end up being done for assault.

In terms of the medial issue. Even if I ran to help someone who had collapse I'm not qualified to do anything. If I move them I could do more harm than good and I'd be liable. What would you expect me to do? I'm not a fucking Doctor.

Rock steady used to employ stewards at cappielow for 15 quid a stint no qestions asked lol just turn up give a false name

Ffs wrap them in tinfoil, you thick or something?

ffs in my day you could have 60,000K++ at Ibrox but if someone went down then those around were quick to 'wave a white hankie'. Within minutes the guys from the St Johns ambulance service would be have fought their way through the crowd and attended to the injured party. Guys were amazing.

Yeh whatever happened to those guys. Bloke I went to school with used to do this at Fir Park and I would come across him doing the same at the big walk all unpaid.

IIRC Sid if the person that took ill was in the middle of the terracing he would be passed overhead down the crowd to the front. Think today's whippersnappers call it crowd surfing.

Something similar in Bf4, there was two small groups of guys screaming abuse at each other, and squaring up steward was just standing watching, other fans started getting involved when one of the groups started shouting Scottish bastards, people were appealing to the steward to intervene but he said no point the won't listen to me.

Where was the group from that started shouting Scottish bastards?