Does the next Manager need to have a Rangers Connection?

Tontospal

McCoist follows Waddell and Greig as the latest playing and club legend not to have won the top title as manager.

The only 2 men in our history that have won top tier league titles as a Rangers player and manager are Symon and Souness.

Symon won 1 title as a player and 6 titles as manager.

Souness won his 3 titles as player manager, albeit only making 6 sub appearances in the 2nd title winning season and 1 sub appearance the following season.

Our first 2 titles were won before Wilton became our first manager.

Wilton won 8 titles and Struth 18 with neither playing football let alone for Rangers.

Wallace (3) and Smith (10) were longstanding fans and experienced football men although they never played for us. Interestingly Rangers was their first managerial job.

McLeish (2) falls in to the same category as he was a boyhood fan although he had a more successful playing career and had managerial experience before taking the helm at Ibrox.

The only other manager to win the title, Advocaat (2), was an experienced manager with no connection to the club.

No. Our next manager has to be someone that is used to working under a strict budget, and have a history of winning.

A year ago I'd have laughed at a suggestion like big eck, now I believe that he is exactly the type we need for the next season or two. Someone who cam come in and lay the ground work for us going back into European competition.

Don't really have to be ex rangers men or have rangers connections.What we need now is a management team who can work within realistic budgets,have a new vision for the future of the team and who have some form of tactical know how which gets the team playing some half decent entertaining football.Who that guy is/will be I have no idea but im sure there will be someone who fits the bill.

We need a good manager, ideally one who has been proven working under tight budgets, and that we can afford.

I wouldn't knock someone back just because they had a Rangers connection, but that is an afterthought, a bonus.

If they don't fit the first criteria, get them to fuck.