Gordon Smith

The Beast

When the dust settles and hopefully McCoist has gone, I'd like there to be a role for Gordon Smith at Ibrox.

If we go down the "continental" route and have a DoF he would be a top candidate.

His open letter in the Sunday Post was a revelation, not that he was saying anything that we were not all thinking but that he had the stones to publish it.

He's got the business and SFA CEO background, he'd satisfy those that insist on a Rangers connection and he's obviously more in touch with the fans than all the "Ally pals" who have spoken out in his defence in the media.

When the dust settles and hopefully McCoist has gone, I'd like there to be a role for Gordon Smith at Ibrox.

If we go down the "continental" route and have a DoF he would be a top candidate.

His open letter in the Sunday Post was a revelation, not that he was saying anything that we were not all thinking but that he had the stones to publish it.

He's got the business and SFA CEO background, he'd satisfy those that insist on a Rangers connection and he's obviously more in touch with the fans than all the "Ally pals" who have spoken out in his defence in the media.

He was DoF at Rangers already

Nothing in his experience that suggests he would be a capable DOF.

Surely if we go down that route it should be open applications?

I wouldn't be against that. But I believe he'd tick all or most of the right boxes.

Smith was/is a successful agent and was CEO of the SFA, he obviously is a capable administrator and knows the transfer market. What more qualifications would be required?

Is that not what he is fishing for? He may be a good bet for it, but let's wait and see if we can afford him or an even better candidate if any.

Possibly. But why not.

Those that bleat about a Rangers man being involved couldn't complain.

Smith is a Rangers man but not a "Rangers man" if you know what I mean.

I believe Llambias (sp?) is going to be the next CEO btw.

Not sure he would come back and I'm sure he would be reluctant after his treatment under cunt face .I quite like him but I'm unsure as he still has too many friends in the BBC .He would instantly be building bridges with the enemies and I'm not sure I like that .

I read on another Rangers fans site, can't remember which one, but it is anti-board, pro-Ally, that Mark Hately was going round the staff, asking questions about Ally, to see if he could get anything dirty on him, that the board could use as leverage to get Ally out as cheaply as possible.

Don't know if it's true or not, but hope it isn't true, as it's a terrible way to do business.