The greatest ever ranger?

scarkev

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would he not sign that? he hurts Rangers in the papers, he hurts us fans who lined his pockets and used to idolise him.

You mean the people who are calling him all sorts?

I really don't get this 'ones who lined his pockets' nonsense. Do you think the staff in the supermarket where you shop have some kind of obligation to you over and above the duties they are paid for because you 'line (their) pockets?'

i dont know who the greatest ever is, but Ally McCoists name is there somewhere along with the likes of Mr Struth, Laudrup, Greig, Baxter, Cooper, Walter and the rest of them.

Hes a legend and always will be.

So does Ally. 4 or 5 I believe.

He probably bought them as he knew no one else would watch his pish, just trying to improve his stats. :lol:

But seriously, are people using this to judge someone as being a good ranger or not?

If I buy a season ticket, I have to choose between not eating for a good few months or not. Do you really think McCoist will have the same concerns? McCoist buying season tickets will be as frivolous as us buying a scarf.

He probably bought them as he knew no one else would watch his pish, just trying to improve his stats. :lol:

But seriously, are people using this to judge someone as being a good ranger or not?

If I buy a season ticket, I have to choose between not eating for a good few months or not. Do you really think McCoist will have the same concerns? McCoist buying season tickets will be as frivolous as us buying a scarf.

(tu)

Ally not my greatest ranger but up their wi coops n laudo, more or less 9iar players all legends in my eyes, it was a smashing time in history but a hope ally goes sooner than his notice, he deserves credit for being there when we needed sombody and as all this comes out we might find he's no as bad as we thought, or it is as bad as we thought and my estimation of ally will drop.

While not being an apologist I would urge fans to be careful with how they regard mccoist actions over his resignation and his excuses... Perhaps there is far more to the story than we currently know. If fans want to demonise mccoist for his management style that's fine, but for me his status as a player cannot ever be tarnished and I suppose his stance when we went into administration... When he was the focal point and stood up for the club.

While not being an apologist I would urge fans to be careful with how they regard mccoist actions over his resignation and his excuses... Perhaps there is far more to the story than we currently know. If fans want to demonise mccoist for his management style that's fine, but for me his status as a player cannot ever be tarnished and I suppose his stance when we went into administration... When he was the focal point and stood up for the club.

For the past three seasons he has been paid, a not unsubstantial amount, to manage Rangers Football Club. He has failed miserably and should have been terminated before matters reached this level of absurdity where resigns, gets a 12-month notice period and a pay-rise. No one needs to demonize McCostalot he has accomplished that feat all on his own by his actions. Dreadful manager. Dreadful person?? History will be the judge.

A few years ago it was suggested on here that ally should now be regarded as the greatest ever ranger for his contribution as a player, coach and during our darkest days....something of which at the time I agreed with...

Now however there is a real risk his entire legacy will be tainted and those few remaining fans still supporting ally over the club will end up killing us unless something is done now!

Would the greatest ever ranger;

Continually belittle the fans with his inexplicable exuses and embarrassing remarks.

Continually lie to the fans and media to enhance his own standing and excuse his own ineptitude.

spend vast sums of money on players that aren't needed whilst ignoring talented youth.

Openly admit he has no long term plan and only cares about keeping himself in a job

Openly lie about knowing his own wage packet to try and convince nieve fans that he was doing some great gesture by taking a wage cut.

Publicly resign then continue to drag his feet until he gets his golden handshake, in the mean time damaging our own chances of promotion.

If he doesn't leave now he is worse than the likes of green, ahmad, whyte etc IMO because he is supposed to be one of us!

While i agreed with this i would say the Greatest ever Ranger was Bill Struth hands down.

Set the standards that we all try to uphold to this very day.

His stewardship,it could be said,led to the term "Rangers Man" which has been shamefully used and abused by the current man in Charge.

(tu)

There is no such title as greatest ever Ranger.

Rangers are the sum of the contributions, good and bad, made by many on and off the park in the last 142 years.

No one person is bigger than the club and we should never forget that.

Great Rangers always put the club first and that for me rules McCoist out of even being classed as a Rangers Great.

No one can dispute his goalscoring record but in the last few years, whilst the support has dug deep to keep the club going, he has been excessively rewarded for making us a laughing stock on the pitch with a team that is neither feared or respected by any team in Scotland.

For him to be paid and accept £750k after overseeing the worst results in our history is an affront to every Ranger past, present and future.

Just read this today, and again, just had to re-post it.

The best summarisation of the situation and enigma that is McCoist.

Thank you Tontospal.

:7325: