Stuart McCall

Ryan_1

I don't get the sort of ''meh" type attitude that a lot of people have towards the idea of McCall taking over tbh.

The guys record at Motherwell was absolutely excellent and outwith winning a trophy he did basically all you can do as a non Old Firm side in Scottish football and he did it consistently over a number of years.

People talk about this root and branch clear out, changing the entire structure of the club, taking a continental approach and what not but that's going to take time, money and leadership that we simply don't have just now and might now have for god knows how long.

If we want a manager who knows how to manage in Scotland with modest resources and do a good job then I think McCall is probably the best man available to do it.

I agree. I was saying I would 100% have him at least on the coaching side of things. Maybe merge roles of McDowell and Durrant and give him the gig.

One thing the last 3 or 4 weeks has told me, and all of us, is that a huge managerial change really isn't suited or affordable right now. We need experience and stability. McCall would bring that for me, he would also be a man the fans would trust. Always speaks very well and someone whom Strachan rates highly.

Like? and do you have any actual proof, or is it just hearsay

Proof :lol:

Ask the photographer he a go at. Or the fact he never spoke to any media post match, including his own Club's website.

Listen I'm not denying he's a good coach and someone who would probably get us in a strong position. But once that pressure really dug in, especially in the utter minefield that is Rangers currently, he'd be the first to go off.

His work with Scotland has impressed me just as much as his managerial ability at Motherwell, credited for that well worked goal that Maloney scored against Ireland.

Something like hasn't really been seen at Ibrox since... well I can't remember.

Both mentioned on this thread are ex players, I thought we were looking to move away from former players? Baring in mind Stuart played there during the Smith era just like our current manager, imo it might be like for like.

When Ally does go I would prefer a new chapter, rather than re jigging an old concept :thumbup:

Both mentioned on this thread are ex players, I thought we were looking to move away from former players? Baring in mind Stuart played there during the Smith era just like our current manager, imo it might be like for like.

When Ally does go I would prefer a new chapter, rather than re jigging an old concept :thumbup:

Options are limited at the time being I'm afraid.

The way he acted in his final few months at Forest is well documented and was covered by a lot of people.

It's not like it's senseless hearsay being peddled by one or two people.

He got Forest promoted from the first to the championship, the nearly got promotion first season, second season in championship was going well until he got a bad injury list, Then he had a fall out with the owners, who are reported to want to sign players they wanted etc etc, and basically tell him how to do his job.

Do you want another yes man like Ally used to be ?

The owners were to blame as far as I knew at Forest not the manager.

ben51, on 19 December 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Neither would be great options, but at least McCall doesnt come with baggage and risk of embarrassment through behaviour.

Ever seen the clip of him falling off the car roof with can of stella in his hand?! :7325:

when Bradford got promoted, just as well he was pissed looked a sore one

I don't get the sort of ''meh" type attitude that a lot of people have towards the idea of McCall taking over tbh.

The guys record at Motherwell was absolutely excellent and outwith winning a trophy he did basically all you can do as a non Old Firm side in Scottish football and he did it consistently over a number of years.

People talk about this root and branch clear out, changing the entire structure of the club, taking a continental approach and what not but that's going to take time, money and leadership that we simply don't have just now and might now have for god knows how long.

If we want a manager who knows how to manage in Scotland with modest resources and do a good job then I think McCall is probably the best man available to do it.

Superb post (tu)

Proof :lol:

Ask the photographer he a go at. Or the fact he never spoke to any media post match, including his own Club's website.

Listen I'm not denying he's a good coach and someone who would probably get us in a strong position. But once that pressure really dug in, especially in the utter minefield that is Rangers currently, he'd be the first to go off.

He never spoke to the media? I don't want our club to speak to the media.

You conveniently miss out he took Motherwell on their worst run in history and had to give up the job due to it and admitted he had no idea how to turn things around. I dont know who took over at Moterwell but i see they managed a win v Dundee United.

You conveniently miss out he took Motherwell on their worst run in history and had to give up the job due to it and admitted he had no idea how to turn things around. I dont know who took over at Moterwell but i see they managed a win v Dundee United.

I didn't conveniently miss it out. It's just a bit of a non factor to me when you look at the overall job he did there.

If Baraclough manages to bring the consistency to Motherwell that McCall did over his tenure then good on him but one swallow doesn't make a Summer and ultimately I think he will have a tough task on his hands in the long run.

All managers go through good and bad spells and sometimes it reaches a point where a change/freshen up is required for all involved. A great example of that is Alex McLeish, who took us on one of the worst league runs in ours history too, but that didn't suddenly make him a bad manager.

You only have to look at the level of praise McCall received for his work there to logically conclude that's been the case, just like it was for McLeish in 2005/06 and just like it is for McCoist now.

at least he knew when to do walking away :000000082:<cr>:rolleyes::ohmy: