Ally, expects to be here for full 12 months!

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't actually really have any option but to work his notice. I couldn't just jack in my job on Monday and not turn up on Tuesday. And we do not know what was discussed in the meeting.

Go tell your ma she wants you. Anyone who had already taking millions off us would walk away for the good of the club, not least this mythical Real Rangers man like McSalary.

Do you work in football management? If not then your point is irrelevant.

Both sides are playing their cards close to their chests. Almost no news or reasons for decisions made by both parties.

I reckon when Ally does leave he will blow the lid on what is happening behind the scenes and it won't make pleasant reading for some.

Both sides are playing their cards close to their chests. Almost no news or reasons for decisions made by both parties.

I reckon when Ally does leave he will blow the lid on what is happening behind the scenes and it won't make pleasant reading for some.

It's a nice theory but with all these confidentiality clauses bowling about I doubt we'll ever know the absolute truth.

Sorry but this is a negotiating position and if the board have the best interests of this club at heart, they will pay up now.....

Me thinks there may well be problems ofekin confidentiality clause.....

Again, i dont understand the board ....the longer they delay the less likely a promotion....take away the rights / feelings about McCoist......if it goes to court McCoist gets his dues .....

Ultimately, this mess is the board's mess... yes McCoist is a crap manager and needs to go, the fact the board cannot facilitate this when he has effectively resigned is fekin outrage.

Given recent history, ofcourse the board has the best interests of the fans and club at heart ....<ahem>

Sorry but this is a negotiating position and if the board have the best interests of this club at heart, they will pay up now.....

Me thinks there may well be problems ofekin confidentiality clause.....

Again, i dont understand the board ....the longer they delay the less likely a promotion....take away the rights / feelings about McCoist......if it goes to court McCoist gets his dues .....

Ultimately, this mess is the board's mess... yes McCoist is a crap manager and needs to go, the fact the board cannot facilitate this when he has effectively resigned is fekin outrage.

Given recent history, ofcourse the board has the best interests of the fans and club at heart ....<ahem>

pish

Who on the board signed the chancer. Deflect why dont u

The board are probably waiting for the AGM to approve a share issue so they'll have the money to pay him off.

So we get the share issue money, pay the SFA, pay Ally, pay Ally's replacement, pay MA's loan, probably pay off Somers ? (a guess), another guess - we need another share issue.

pish

Who on the board signed the chancer. Deflect why dont u

I think you will find parts of his contract were altered by some of those still present ... it is not a case of deflection... the point is should it go to court McCoist gets his dues ...

and why is it virtually every other football club can get rid of a manager... it is up tobthe board....

I think you will find parts of his contract were altered by some of those still present ... it is not a case of deflection... the point is should it go to court McCoist gets his dues ...

and why is it virtually every other football club can get rid of a manager... it is up tobthe board....

hibs are still paying butcher (tu)

Generally most clubs in Scotland can get rid of a manager because

a. They don't have to pay them a fucking fortune to do so.

b. They haven't been handcuffed by some stupid fuck agreeing to yet another 'onerous' contractual position.

c. They have a board which generally lasts longer than a fucking nano-second before fucking off with a wheelbarrow full of our dosh.

I had the misfortune to listen to 3 or 4 calls on the Clyde 1 phone in tonight and you could hear Derek Johnstone laugh in the background when callers suggested Ally leave with nothing. Hugh Keevins then seemed to frame his answer as 'well other folk have filled their boots so Ally being a legend of the club so should he'.

If Livingston go 1-0 up tomorrow I dread to think of the chants.

Go tell your ma she wants you. Anyone who had already taking millions off us would walk away for the good of the club, not least this mythical Real Rangers man like McSalary.

No, I work with a contract and a notice period.

Ally's deal is unlike the majority of those in football management in that most have fixed term deals typically with no notice period and a defined end date. Ally has a rolling deal with a specific termination clause. If Ally quit and walked immediately the club could (would?) sue him for Breach of Contract. Put it this way. If a player decided he didn't fancy it, quit and signed for someone else then we'd look to take action against the player (generally by withholding his registration and looking for a transfer fee).