Bring In Billy Davies

JamieG54

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, a post from a forest fan and that means Davies is a bad idea, could quite easily have been a taig, or a forest fan who just hates Davies for no real reason.

Yet, folk on here are using that as the basis for deciding whether he should manage us or not. crazy.

Don't be so stupid. I've watched football for 42 years and know a dipstick when I see one. I know he is wrong for us. I don't need any visitor on here to convince me.

Don't be so stupid. I've watched football for 42 years and know a dipstick when I see one. I know he is wrong for us. I don't need any visitor on here to convince me.

I'm being stupid am I? Thanks for the feedback. I'm not saying everyone who doesn't want Davies here has decided solely after reading what a Forest fan had said about him. There were fans against him from the very start, however there was a huge turning of opinion against Davies after that thread was posted, he was the most popular guy for the position before that.

People banding around named like Sherwood, Pulis etc are living in a dreamland surely? There is no way we could afford to pay the wages of guys like that who have managed big clubs in the PL. Given that most wouldn't want to work under the current situation I think our options are limited. Davies has shown that he can get the best out of average teams and that is what we need right now. He certainly wouldn't get pally with them in the way Ally did and he would bring professionalism to the club.

He took Motherwell up to 3rd, guided an unfashionable Preston team into the play-offs, promoted a Derby team to the PL earlier than expected, and turned around Forest from being relegation contenders to regular play-off participants. Hardly a dud,

I would be more than happy with Davies for 6 months.

We need someone who will come in and shake things up and stop the players getting away with the Shite their currently serving up.

hes the best we can afford just now until the current imposters leave.

He took Motherwell up to 3rd, guided an unfashionable Preston team into the play-offs, promoted a Derby team to the PL earlier than expected, and turned around Forest from being relegation contenders to regular play-off participants. Hardly a dud,

motherwell sacked him. Just saying

Why? he has been out of football for a long time, word has it he is a little unstable.

Lets face it, it;s not the manager we need, its a stable environment where our players can prosper without fear of not getting paid at the end of the month

The only thing worse than bringing in Billy Davies would be getting Butcher.The unpalatable truth is that half of our squad should be nowhere near wearing a Rangers shirt,because they simply are not up to the job (for various reasons) and I can't see any changes until the start of next season managerial wise unless McDowall resigns, in which case the board would probably appoint McCulloch as player/manager for the remainder of the campaign :pipe:

Whoever it is, he is gonna have one hell of a job to do!

I have no faith in the board so I'm worried about who we end up with but I'm just hoping it doesn't end up with us hiring and firing people all the time. We have had a great tradition of long serving managers and I would hate to see that ruined.