Rumour - Lewis Macleod away in January

Bankie Bear

1million pound for our best player is fucking laughable,we should be looking to keep young macleod who has been a standout in the games for us and we should build our team around him.rangers should bring back young mckay and gasprotto and try to get the wasters off the books.1million will not do anything for rangers because the club will not see it.it is bad when the current board starts begging for investors like somers is doing when we have a billionaire on board and we need to sell our best player for a pittance. This dont look like the people to take us forward.ashley has the deal for tops and other merchandise.he dosent need anything else.

-------------------------------------------------------

That last part is for me where lies the problem with the deals that Mike Ashley holds over the club. As you say he has the merchandise rights etc and has security over the loans he's given us, I personally think he will do enough to keep admin at bay but only enough for that just to protect his deals and we will just limp along like this for years.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe Macleod is daft enough to sign for Brentford for he's next to no chance of getting a game. The boy has loads of potential but is far too lightweight and inconsistent to get a game in the championship. With them being top six at the moment every game will be like a cup final and imo he's not strong enough to play at that level. Macleod would be far better served staying with Rangers where he is guaranteed a game and his move will come when the time is right. Also maybe a little naive of me but does he not owe the fans some loyalty after all only a few weeks ago he was badge kissing and telling us how big a blue nose he was. Life will go on regardless for Rangers but I'll be amazed if this doesn't go down the same sad route as Jamie Ness and the other wee nonentity who joined Sheffield Wednesday and can't get a game and I won't be fooled by the "I was forced out of the club I loved "pish . As far as I'm concerned if he listens to his agent and chases the cash then he'll regret it despite us being f***** at the moment.

Can't believe Macleod is daft enough to sign for Brentford for he's next to no chance of getting a game. The boy has loads of potential but is far too lightweight and inconsistent to get a game in the championship. With them being top six at the moment every game will be like a cup final and imo he's not strong enough to play at that level. Macleod would be far better served staying with Rangers where he is guaranteed a game and his move will come when the time is right. Also maybe a little naive of me but does he not owe the fans some loyalty after all only a few weeks ago he was badge kissing and telling us how big a blue nose he was. Life will go on regardless for Rangers but I'll be amazed if this doesn't go down the same sad route as Jamie Ness and the other wee nonentity who joined Sheffield Wednesday and can't get a game and I won't be fooled by the "I was forced out of the club I loved "pish . As far as I'm concerned if he listens to his agent and chases the cash then he'll regret it despite us being f***** at the moment.

--------------

Macleod ows us nothing. He gives his all in nearly every game and has been a pleasure to watch. I'll be gutted when he leaves but I wish him all the best and hope he does really well.

There is nothing atal to keep him at Rangers, and for the first time ever I think a player would be an idiot to stay.

Shambles on the park , shambles off the park , and shambles in the stands.

MacLeod owes us nothing. He has put in 100% everytime he has pulled on the jersey. We are also going to receive a fee for him going, unlike some of the players who left a few years ago.

People need to wake up and realise the position we are in. We are no longer a heavyweight and clubs like Brentford have far more resources at their disposal than we do. Money talks!

Do we still need to sell him if the £6.5m investment offer gets accepted. Punt Law and several others by all means. We should be keeping Lewis and building a team around him, not getting rid of him to the first team that comes asking. Douglas Park and the other two should say that Lewis has to stay as part of the deal.

Sickens me this

Do we still need to sell him if the £6.5m investment offer gets accepted. Punt Law and several others by all means. We should be keeping Lewis and building a team around him, not getting rid of him to the first team that comes asking. Douglas Park and the other two should say that Lewis has to stay as part of the deal.

Sickens me this

-----------

Seems the deal is done and dusted with the medical completed.

Sickens me this

...............................I defo see park and the rest getting in now, I also think king and Kennedy will have a chance also, ashley has what he wants so I dont think he will stop anyone putting money in now,as it will benefit rangers, ashley will make money from tops and other merchandise. The only ones panicking now about there place is easdales and somers.

850,000 apparently with 450 being paid in front and further instalments over 18 months. We won't see any of the money as it was part of.ashley plan for 1st million loaned that it would go to him.

Shite but we needed his money to keep the lights on.

Only bonus is a sell on clause that has been arranged between the clubs

really sorry to see Lewis go, he was on of the few who wore their blue shirt with pride over recent times and I was always excited to see him in the team line-up. The guy has got a big future in football if he plays his cards right and I am really gutted that it is not going to be with Rangers.

worse still he seems to have been sold at a real knock-down price to a small time london club (no disrespect Brentford but its the truth).

leaves me wondering: are Rangers that much over a barrel financially that even the likes of a small time club like Brentford have leverage over RFC when it comes to picking off the best talent in our team?

If so thats a big worry

regardless: all the best Lewis and I wish you all the best for the future, you will be missed at Ibrox.

Brido1872:

"would rather get rid of guys like Black, Law, Daly, Shiels, Jig etc but unfortunately no one will take them! Just hits home how much of a mess we are in when we are selling our best player in order to keep the lights on for another month."

--------------------------------------

Nobody will touch most of what we have with a barge pole. We have a ridiculous amount of players on an obscene wage relative to their skill level / what the bring to the team.

Any club who would have them of them couldn't afford the wages; other clubs who could easily pay the wage wouldn't want some of them near the reserves let alone their first team.

Every club from time to time has one or two of these players. The fact we are full to the brim with them shows how appallingly our club has been run.

850,000 apparently with 450 being paid in front and further instalments over 18 months. We won't see any of the money as it was part of.ashley plan for 1st million loaned that it would go to him.

Shite but we needed his money to keep the lights on.

Only bonus is a sell on clause that has been arranged between the clubs

Why would he want to pay off the loan reducing any leverage he has?

He'll more than likely keep those loans in place until he is allowed to convert them into shares, giving him a bigger ownership percentage.