Nicky Law next to go..

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peeps glad to see the back of law and some even saying wallace too are missing the bigger picture in my view. law was on peanuts at motherwell not his fault Ally decides to quintuple his wages plus add a massive win bonus for beating the shite we played last year.

Also was never coached properly so if he is going, good luck you are a better player than what we have seen, And dont expect him to be playing in a midfield 2. Unless Ally gets the Huddersfield job.

Can see MacLeod, Law, Wallace, McGregor, Bell, Shiels, Templeton and Miller all going as those are the guys I could envisage other clubs buying

Can see the potential for an absolutely disgusting line up...

Simonsen

Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Smith

Peralta, Hutton, Black, Aird

Boyd, Daly

peeps glad to see the back of law and some even saying wallace too are missing the bigger picture in my view. law was on peanuts at motherwell not his fault Ally decides to quintuple his wages plus add a massive win bonus for beating the shite we played last year.

Also was never coached properly so if he is going, good luck you are a better player than what we have seen, And dont expect him to be playing in a midfield 2. Unless Ally gets the Huddersfield job.

My 'Well supporting mate has said he was on around £1800 basic but was heavily bonus driven.

On that note, how does out bonus structure work? Should we not be looking at low basic wages and high bonus/rewards?

My 'Well supporting mate has said he was on around £1800 basic but was heavily bonus driven.

On that note, how does out bonus structure work? Should we not be looking at low basic wages and high bonus/rewards?

nicky was on nearer 1k, he was one of the biggest earners at motherwell, the bonus structure was based on getting to top six and increased the further up the table they went. Due to McCalls team finishing 3rd, 2nd then 2nd its true they have been paid good bonuses.

on the other hand a team like rangers should not be paing massive wage bonuses for beating the likes of queens park. We should be paying bonuses on silver ware delivered. Sad our players got bonuses for getting to a diddy cup final. Should have only got a bonus if they won it. But hey im not the manager.

This is something I've never understood. Yes we were always going to have to pay a little bit extra in wages for players to drop down divisions but there should have been more emphasis on performance driven payments. Knocked out the cup by Alloa? Fuck you, basic wage. This would have at least seen players hungry for a win. It might not have hidden the poor management but at least we wouldn't have been paying top dollar for any piss poor results. Let's not forget that all of those that signed since demotion would be nowhere near a club our size had we not been in this predicament. They would have been thankful just for the opportunity to earn a bit extra and play for us yet it appears we felt the need to pay them scandalous money without any real negotiation. I know this is not news to anyone but if normal fans were able to see it why the fuck were those that arranged these deals not able to.

I like Law, I can understand why some are happy to see the back of him, for the closing down of Hibs first goal alone (tu)

Having said that, I feel he is the only central midfielder, outwith Macleod, who can drive forward and look for the return pass. In a decent set up, Law would be a really handy player. Not a guy who'll grab the game by the scruff of the neck, but a guy who'll pop up with goals and look to get the ball moving. I feel the management team have really let players like Law, Clark etc down.

If he does go, all the best Nicky.

I would normally say I don't mind him going but I'm a little worried that Law and Macleod go and that money won't be going back into the team. The problem as I see it is we have 13 players going out of contract and these 2 aren't among them. That's a he'll of a change and no manager or scouts to organise it.

I'd rather see a youth being given a shot than Law pissing about hiding from the ball.

Aye he scores a goal or two but he does more harm than good, his positional play and work rate is nothing short of shocking.

He's not even half the player he was when he arrived here.

The midfield have been the problem all season, Law has popped up with a few goals here and there, and is a very tidy player he has the ball, however I think that we could free up his wage and get a better player in, if we get a fee (I think some club offered 400k last Jan for him, which was turned down) then all the better. The team does need some deadwood cut from it

---------------------

True re midfield -can't get our front players away anywhere near enough - unless Lewis is playing.