My Starting 11

Falcon Punch

I would give Peralta an opportunity to prove himself at right back because for me, Foster, makes far too many basic mistakes which have cost us dearly in the past, even Robbie Crawford was better than Foster the only time he played in that position.

What about playing Bilel Mohsni as our main striker?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer him to McCulloch, and apparently Zal is an alcoholic? Think Gasporatto is still on loan? And never rated Faure.

Don't think Daly can operate in a loan striker role, you need movement for that role, so only Clarke and Miller are real options. Think it's too big a role for Gallagher at this point. I'd use him in for Aird when appropriate.

Yeah, I heard the stuff about Zal being an alcoholic.. If we can get the player that did well for Hearts back that would be ideal. I'm not a fan at all of the one up top.. I don't think any of our strikers can play that role well. Millers legs have gone, Daly as you say is not mobile enough and agree about Gallacher... Clarke, in my opinion, is not good enough.

Also played across the midfield at Brechin and up front for our reserves not long ago. He was shoe horned in at RB as cover, yet no one complained about 'natural positions' then.

The thing is he did well when shoe horned in at RB..maybe that is why nobody complained.

Also played across the midfield at Brechin and up front for our reserves not long ago. He was shoe horned in at RB as cover, yet no one complained about 'natural positions' then.

No issue with players playing out with their 'natural' position.

Only problem is when they are played out with and are continually ineffective. Such as... Ortiz, Smith, Peralta, McCulloch, Faure, Little etc.

Yeah, I heard the stuff about Zal being an alcoholic.. If we can get the player that did well for Hearts back that would be ideal. I'm not a fan at all of the one up top.. I don't think any of our strikers can play that role well. Millers legs have gone, Daly as you say is not mobile enough and agree about Gallacher... Clarke, in my opinion, is not good enough.

I'm normally 4-4-2, but our team is soft as shite at the moment. Need strength through the middle.

I'm normally 4-4-2, but our team is soft as shite at the moment. Need strength through the middle.

Yeah, and that is where my team falls down really.. No strength through the middle at all. Peralta infront of the back four as cover but that is it. I went attacking/positive.

Haha! Could you imagine that... Him up top himself against 2-3 defenders. That would be comedy to watch.

OK, Bilel Mohsni upfront was a wee bit tongue in cheek, but consider the possibilities for a moment, he,s good in the air and compared to our other two target men he would be like Dash in the Incredibles and any misplaced passes he made would have the minimum damage in that position. :D

OK, Bilel Mohsni upfront was a wee bit tongue in cheek, but consider the possibilities for a moment, he,s good in the air and compared to our other two target men he would be like Dash in the Incredibles and any misplaced passes he made would have the minimum damage in that position. :D

I'm sure he played that position for Southend for a bit?

First of all, hello! New member here. I've been following the forum for a bit now but decided to get posting.

Now, I'm going to post what I think would be the best, positive, starting eleven and why.. Here goes.

Formation: 4 1 3 2

Bell

Mcausland Zaliukas McGregor Wallace

Peralta

McKay Shiels/Law Templeton

Gallacher Daly

A few eyebrows will be raised with my selection no doubt but I will try and explain the reasons, for certain inclusions.

The keeper has to be Bell when fit, no questions asked.

Mcausland was dropped for Foster early doors..Why? I have no idea. He can't be as bad as Foster. Not a chance in hell. Give this young man a shot, he seems to have done very well in his midfield loan spell.

McGregor is our first pick defender, no doubt about it.

Zaliukas, when fit, should be played instead of Jig. The recent matches sum up Jig really.. No pace, never a defender and found out against better forwards. I'm not saying Zaliukas is the long term answer but at least he is an actual defender!

Wallace is our best left back and one of our best players (Not on recent form though). Shoe in at left back.

Peralta...Now I will get pelters for this pick but hear me out. The guy is a defensive midfielder.. Surely he can be played in his correct position at least ONCE. Seeing Hutton play yesterday and doing not bad made me think Peralta deserves a shot.. He is a better player than Hutton in my opinion. I know he had a nightmare vs Hibs but how many of our other players have had a shocker and still play? Give this guy a chance in his correct position...If not at least give him a run at right back.

McKay has been performing for Raith Rovers of late and I know his loan has been extended, however, I think he is a better player than Aird. He has skill to go along with his pace, unlike Aird. We need pace and skill in our midfield and McKay offers that, especially on the flanks.

Shiels or Law behind the front two. Both are a bit of a goal threat and I think this role would suit Law more. I know he tends to ghost out of matches but he needs to in a position where he can play to his strengths.. We all know he has an eye for a goal and this role, in my opinion would suit him better.

Templeton needs a good run in the side. We all know he is capable, simple as.

Daly as the target man. McKay and Templeton providing ammo for this guy from the flanks, while he uses his hold up to bring Law and Gallacher into the game.

Gallacher should be given a run after impressing on loan. The guy actually has pace and him and big Jon would be able to complement each other up top.

Thoughts?

I think we'd be better off going 4-2-31, due to our back four being so poor. This would at least allow the full backs to push on and get crosses in. I actually think big Jon daly (pains me to say it) should start, providing we learn to only hit crosses once we've got near the by-line

It doesn't matter how you mix any of the players in our squad , they are all garbage.

I used to think a new manager might be able to get more from them , now i realise we need a clear out , none of them will be missed.

I have to agree with you sadly. On paper we have a team capable of romping this division. In reality the team is full of hasbeens, shysters and wage theives who will struggle to make the play offs.

Doesn't matter if you play a 442 or a 352. Still 10 bottle merchants standing in front of a traumatised keeper.

I genuinely believe that some people are out of their faces on smack when posting on here.

McAusland? Hutton? Peralta? What about Andy Mitchell and Kal Naismith? Why not?

Barring Stevie Smith, I believe our best and most capable eleven starts most weesk; the issue is the management of them.

I genuinely believe that some people are out of their faces on smack when posting on here.

McAusland? Hutton? Peralta? What about Andy Mitchell and Kal Naismith? Why not?

Barring Stevie Smith, I believe our best and most capable eleven starts most weesk; the issue is the management of them.

Half the problem is that the same eleven start every week. Complacency is rife in the squad, there's no fear of being dropped and given a dose of reality.....if you play pish you get dropped. We don't have a squad that offers that luxury so the posts caking for the young players or fringe players to be given a shot would hopefully get the regular eleven fearing their place and maybe get them do do extra shifts at training.I had hoped for complete management overhaul but McDowall either made a lot of the calls before or just agreed with McCoist or he simply lacks the balls to drop the duds.My only hope is that Durie gets a say and gets some of the younger guys in to show what they can do.....at the very least they have something to prove and should be motivated for it.

Bell

Aird McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Hutton

Gallagher Law Shiels Smith

Clarke

I know we all crirtised McCoist for playing players out of position and immediately everyone will jump on the fact i have picked Aird at right back but i firmly believe that with his pace and energy he could become a very good wing back or attacking full back, he very rarley beats anyone with skill so the fact he could overlap and get up and down the park would help push other teams back and he has a good physique for the defensive aspect of it so might be worth a punt as we don't really have anyone holding down that position as their own.