Ched Evans

http://www.chedevans.com

Read it, it sounds like he was stitched up royally. I wouldnt normally defend a guy like this, but looking at what was presented to the jury and what they actually 'missed out', its quite unbelievable it went to court, never mind resulted in a conviction.

If I'm wrong about it then I feel sorry for the victim. But reading the website, my gut instinct says hes innocent.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read it, it sounds like he was stitched up royally. I wouldnt normally defend a guy like this, but looking at what was presented to the jury and what they actually 'missed out', its quite unbelievable it went to court, never mind resulted in a conviction.

If I'm wrong about it then I feel sorry for the victim. But reading the website, my gut instinct says hes innocent.

No chance, he's a scumbag

If there was no complaint then why did he even get arrested? Most confusing!

This is a strange case.
Evans and his pal McDonald were both charged with the same crime, namely, to having had non-consensual sex with the same female, the act having supposedly been carried out by both of them at almost the same time, with the case for the prosecution being based on the fact that the complainant was unable to consent to having sex due to her state of intoxication at the time of the commitment of the alleged offence.
If so, why then did the jury consider that McDonald was not guilty of rape but under almost the exact same circumstances that Evans was???
Outwith the fact that the complainant appears to be a bit of a gold digger according to information later provided regarding her Facebook correspondence it would appear from the evidence provided in the above WEB site that she was not in the state of complete intoxication as implied by the prosecution.
To get back to the question posted of whether or not we should sign him?
At the moment,probably not, because of the adverse publicity that would be generated with regards to all the baggage that has been attached to this high profile case.

To be fair it could happen to any one of us, meet a girl pissed take her home and in the morning she regrets sleeping with you and crys rape. You pretty much have to sign a contract of consent these days

That's why phones have video recorders....did you not know that?

A bit contraversial but would you take him at rangers? I personally wouldnt want him but he had a decent record as a player and has a point to prove. Dont expect this to go down well but thought id see what the thoughts were.

PCG look at the damage which has done to our club from outside by things we were not guilty of.

Then ask yourself the opening question again.

Interesting range of opinions regarding Evans.

If a Rangers player had been convicted under similar circumstances I think a lot on here would change their moral viewpoint.

As a support we backed Gascoigne after it was made public he was a wife beater whilst McCoist and others, including Simonsen who is currently banned, have suffered no backlash despite being convicted of drink driving.

I can even recall McCoist joking about McInnes being his chauffeur when he was banned.

I'm not comparing or condoning the various crimes but interested to read comments about the damage to our reputation caused by the above examples. I don't remember our fans doing anything but support the players.

Thread is better remaining in the 'General Sports' arena.........however........

Oldham signed a player who had been convicted of killing 2 young lads whilst drunk driving....and their player/manager also did time for a similar offence...and was re-signed. (Is rape worse than killing people?)

Mike Tyson had multi-million dollar contracts after his rape conviction.

Its a difficult decision for any club.......but I hate the hypocrisy.............and the fact 60,000 people sign an online petition to Oldham...when they have 5000 fans attending games !!

To be fair it could happen to any one of us, meet a girl pissed take her home and in the morning she regrets sleeping with you and crys rape. You pretty much have to sign a contract of consent these days

have never understood this line of reasoning. Why would someone who regretted sleeping with someone go to the police and cry rape? Surely you'd want to keep the whole thing as quiet as possible if you were that embarrassed by it.False rape claims in the main are either a result of a person with a serious grudge and intent on revenge or else someone who is mentally unstable.