Kenny Mcdowall Has Resigned As Rangers Caretaker Manager

Professor_Chang

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I we ever needed a quick fix now is the time, a new voice with ideas and freshness on the training ground is needed asap to liven up our squad, to the weeds with Kenny or its same old same old.

This!

Would love someone in before the scum game!

The latest rumour I've heard is he asked to bring a few players in on loan and the board shot him down and said players need to go out before players are brought in, so he resigned.

I thought that was just common knowledge that we weren't able to bring anyone in

The latest rumour I've heard is he asked to bring a few players in on loan and the board shot him down and said players need to go out before players are brought in, so he resigned.

I thought that was just common knowledge that we weren't able to bring anyone in

Why would that be such a deal breaker for the Board,, you can get players on loan without having to pay their wages if their club agree's to it. Say a club like Newcastle for eg,, wonder what happened to that idea :pipe:

It's getting very near to the point of those that run Rangers making their minds up about what they want to achieve from this season. Right now winning the Championship is all but gone barring some sort of massive collapse from the league leaders and an equivalent massive improvement in results and form from our point of view. As for play offs this squad we have has consistently demonstrated that it does not have the bottle to win important games. At least not under the management we have seen so far this season.

The business end of the season approaches. Does the Board want to have a go at winning promotion or not? If it does then clearly there is going to have to be a manager installed with skills and experience to galvanise a failing team into a promotion winning team. If no such manager is appointed very very soon then the message the Board is impliedly giving is that it is giving up on a real push for promotion this season and is resigning its self (and us!) to a further season in the Championship. Time is becoming of the essence in terms of deciding on what to do about a manager for the rest of the season. And that time is ebbing away fast. Ashley, King, T3B and all of the power players who are absorbed in the daily wrangling over Boardroom and funding matters may argue that its vital to get those matters sorted. I don't disagree. But of equal importance is providing a credible manager to lead the team and providing as much help as a Board can to that Manager to transform the team performances into promotion winning performances. Over-emphasis on Boardroom stuff to the detriment of actually doing the job we need to do on the pitch would be as much of a dereliction of Director's duties as the current financial and governance shambles we have to live with.

Time is running out. It will not be long before it has run out completely and guess what - it could be another year in the Championship.

It's getting very near to the point of those that run Rangers making their minds up about what they want to achieve from this season. Right now winning the Championship is all but gone barring some sort of massive collapse from the league leaders and an equivalent massive improvement in results and form from our point of view. As for play offs this squad we have has consistently demonstrated that it does not have the bottle to win important games. At least not under the management we have seen so far this season.

The business end of the season approaches. Does the Board want to have a go at winning promotion or not? If it does then clearly there is going to have to be a manager installed with skills and experience to galvanise a failing team into a promotion winning team. If no such manager is appointed very very soon then the message the Board is impliedly giving is that it is giving up on a real push for promotion this season and is resigning its self (and us!) to a further season in the Championship. Time is becoming of the essence in terms of deciding on what to do about a manager for the rest of the season. And that time is ebbing away fast. Ashley, King, T3B and all of the power players who are absorbed in the daily wrangling over Boardroom and funding matters may argue that its vital to get those matters sorted. I don't disagree. But of equal importance is providing a credible manager to lead the team and providing as much help as a Board can to that Manager to transform the team performances into promotion winning performances. Over-emphasis on Boardroom stuff to the detriment of actually doing the job we need to do on the pitch would be as much of a dereliction of Director's duties as the current financial and governance shambles we have to live with.

Time is running out. It will not be long before it has run out completely and guess what - it could be another year in the Championship.

I think we'll see what the boards intentions are when this loan deal is announced and what they do with the money. A new manager could go a long way to getting the fans on board IMO.