New Matchday Anthem

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Penny Arcade is good in the big games when everyone is up for it, but I think playing it before every game and at half time is a bit of an overkill.

To expand on this it probably doesn't matter the

Or..

Different ends of the spectrum. I'd have thrown Real Gone Kid in there but I'm basically posting songs I like that would never work at the football.

Fat Ronaldo when he was skinny Ronaldo and quite simply, the only Ronaldo. The best player I've ever seen.

The fact that "Christiano" is known as "Christiano" says everything.

Fully agree we need a change. Every time Penny Arcade comes on i think of Craig Whyte. Don't ask me why, i don't know. It just happens.

The club, after the takeover, should come up with a shortlist and do a poll of fans to see what we fancy. Something loud, upbeat, banging. Eiffel 65 is a good one. Obviously the use of the word blue is most appropriate.

We should stick with Penny Arcade.

From what I recall, it was sung on the karaoke at the end of charity events by a woman, who has since passed away, who was heavily involved in the Rangers Charity Foundation. How much of that is true, I don't know.

It reminds me of the 2010/11 season, when it was first played, and the title race was intense; seven Old Firm games, Lennon's death threats, the game coming up in politics, etc. We won the league at Kilmarnock, five-one.

I know Whyte was there, but those were the good times and that's what Penny Arcade reminds me of. The whole stadium singing it, united, before the first Old Firm game, the Aluko one, after we went into administration will stick with me forever.

Right now, amidst a half-full stadium, it's hardly motivating. One day, though, Ibrox will be bouncing again and we'll be singing it loudly...

Anthem for the Boys Brigade when I was growing up. I'm sure there are a few on here familiar with this song.

When were back where we belong then I think this song is so apt. Think it would sound great in a football chant theme.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQQO8v-0VBo

We have an anchor (tu)

I like it but don't think it would suit as a matchday anthem of sorts.

I think Penny Arcades had its time as the pre-match anthem, i like the tune but id like to hear something different being played/sung. What would you guys like to hear being played before the team comes on the pitch?

In with The Billy Boys first as i know it will be said within 5 posts :P

You're not fit to wear the shirt