The Playoffs

UnionMen

The present Players who are with us like McCulloch, Foster,Black ,Smith, Aird ,Simmonson,Daly, Boyd and others need to be replaced with Pace and first Touch Skills and set piece ability, and strength .

We need Gallagher, McKay,Bell , and the other Loans from Newcastle fit and in on replacement of the above I have just stated must be dropped to the Bench and if we replace them with others commited we may have a chance ,if we stay with the ones above we will fail completely.

Thats my opinion we need to change and adapt now before we drop any more Points.

Seems a risky strategy. Will they handle the pressure of such massive games(playoffs) A bit more of a mix and match is required I think.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going up will depend on what happens between now and the playoffs.

The ideal scenario would be to get a new manager after the EGM, but who knows if that'll happen.

Another factor will be how well the Newcastle players settle into our team and whether or not we can keep them all fit.

I have no confidence in KMD getting us past the play-offs.

Without a new Manager, I'm afraid we will be in this League next Season.

We definitely need a new manager in to give us some impetus and have the players lifted. I really don't know why we never recalled Barry McKay, surely at least a good impact player ? We're badly lacking real width, pace and quality. What I saw of McKay is that he could go by players for fun. Taking the money for McLeod is also looking like a big mistake.

In order to find yourself in 2nd bottom you need to be in pretty horrendous form, had a shocking season, the fans on your back and short on confidence. The team coming UP however is the opposite.

Yes but in our case unless something dramatic happens next month, we would be in the same scenario as the team coming down (probably St. Mirren)

IMO, we need all the kids back off loan, Simonsen, McCullogh, Boyd, Miller out of the squad as they are past it and will have no place next season. Black, Foster, Tempelton and Sheils joining them but for other reasons, other than being passed it.

Have a run of games with the starting 11 being (when fit)

Bell

Faure, Gasparotto, Zaliukas, Wallace

Hutton, Murdoch

McKay, Aird, Vuckic

Daly

Bench: Robinson, McGregor, Law, Gallagher, Clark

Play that for 60-70 mins then freshen up the attack with Gallagher and Clark coming on for McKay or Aird and Daly to torment the tired defence for the last 20 mins

Obviously don't rate any of the injured Sports Direct players for obvious reasons and if fit i wouldn't play them anyway as they won't be anywhere near us next season.

Why the fuck does it seem so obvious as an armchair manager???

Seems a risky strategy. Will they handle the pressure of such massive games(playoffs) A bit more of a mix and match is required I think.

Playing the kids may be a risky strategy but its one Ally should hva been brave enough to try 3 years ago. Hearts done it when they admittedly had no other choice and they almost managed to stay in the PL, look at them this year. I expect them to easily finish in the top 6 next season if not 3rd.

Playing the kids may be a risky strategy but its one Ally should hva been brave enough to try 3 years ago. Hearts done it when they admittedly had no other choice and they almost managed to stay in the PL, look at them this year. I expect them to easily finish in the top 6 next season if not 3rd.

Hearts youth were a lot better than ours. Most of them had been capped multiple times at youth level. I think its a big jump to suggest our kids would have been as good as Hearts youth if we had kept playing them in the first team.

Tonight our youth team got spanked by Hibs 4-1. Our team included Aird,Gallagher and Crawford.

If we finish second from this position we are in now, we would have had a decent end to the season, and got some of our confidence back, which would make us more competitive in the Playoffs.

However, if our current fortunes continue from here on in and we finish 3rd or even 4th then we simply have absolutely no chance of promotion, Hibs will beat us over two legs and I wouldn't have the utmost confidence in beating QoTS either.

Our games in hand count for nothing at this present moment in time as we can barely win a game at the moment.

there was enough last friday to give some hope for the future, it is easy to say hibs were bad but our boys didn't give them time on the ball,there was an urgency in our play which has been missing for a long time, stubbs admitted they were lucky,I would reserve judgment till after the next two games, still feel boyd gets in the way and maybe young clark should get a run.