I Have A Massive Fear We Will Fade Away

Gaz52

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we be consistent enough? I dread to think how many points Aberdeen, the taigs and Dundee Utd will take off us.

Plenty thought the taigs would hump us like hearts v cowdenbeath. We need to spend money no doubt, better players will bring more consistency, but we aren't millions of miles away. The premiership is not something to fear. This season has been a disaster and that's emphasised by hearts having one of the greatest seasons in their history.

True mate the bottom half of the SPL is shite. Unfortunately for us we won't beat hibs in the play off, beating Ross county or ST mirren isn't the problem.

ICT are third.

We'll end up relegated or at best finish 9th or 10th in the SPL.

Top 4 next season title challange season after IMO we have the 4th best squad in the country behind them, The sheep and united.. League tables may suggest otherwise but this squad simply cant get motivated by this division not helped by a management team that dont want to be here anymore.

Let's be honest it took till this season for the majority of fans to wake up and realize that McCoist has ruined us, so many on here were too busy sucking up to their boyhood hero Ally and desperately making excuses in order to justify his decisions. I read so many fans repeating McCoist's lies about needing to spend money to get out and that kids get you nowhere so they stuck by his signing of overage ex players and SPL dross while neglecting youth. So many fans where happy with the fact we were scraping wins against plumbers and policemen as justification for Ally'a tactics.

The lie that our fans don't have the patience for youth as we would risk not being promoted with them, well Hearts just blew that theory right out of the water, it took them two seasons to completely rebuild with young, skillful, fast players who give everything for their club and play attractive football, now they are miles ahead of us and will be easily top 5 in the top league next season. The likes of Liam Kelly, Ryan Sinnamon, Luca Gasparotto, Andy Murdoch, Lewis MacLeod, Charlie Telfer, Tom Walsh, Fraser Aird, Barrie McKay, Callum Gallagher, Kane Hemmings etc... should have been regular players alongside a few experienced players such as Cammy Bell, (INSERT A DECENT CB SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNED), Lee Wallace, Lee McCulloch, Nicky Law, David Templeton, Andy Little, Nicky Clark and maybe a few more. The likes of Simonsen, Robinson, Foster, Argyriou, Cribari, Mohsni, Zaliukas, Smith, Peralta, Black, Sandaza, Miller, Boyd, Daly & Kyle should never have been signed and have been a massive waste of money.

In all honesty he should have been sacked halfway through the 3rd Division campaign but if Charles Green had done that the fans who hero worshiped ally would have hounded him out of the door, same with last season if the board had sacked him the fans would have been up in arms as well. We have desperately lacked management and a boardroom with the balls and the courage to do the right thing.

The lie that our fans don't have the patience for youth as we would risk not being promoted with them, well Hearts just blew that theory right out of the water

No it doesn't.

Rangers fans are severely impatient, due to a diet of sustained success through history.

With a board that expects us to be challenging I am convinced we'll be back eventually.

Right now we are a poor team. Is that down to management or quality? - In my opinion it's down to management.

If we restructure properly this year and do next season what should have been done this year then we'll go back up.

Our resources are too great for us not to, however it will take us a few years to begin challenging unless someone invests (min.

) £5m on our playing squad.

I am and will remain convinced our form now is down to management and with better coaching we'll start seeing results.

No it doesn't.

Rangers fans are severely impatient, due to a diet of sustained success through history.

I meant youth players and playing attractive football don't necessarily mean lack of success, I can guarantee you the Rangers fans would rather be in Hearts or Dundee United's position than our current one. Attractive football would increase our patience by ten fold as long as potential for success remains. The whole 1980/90's football ethos we currently follow will not bring us success anymore anyway and the brand of football we play will destroy us, kids won't support us anymore and we will stop being a big club unless we get rid of the dinosaurs that have been dictating things. The whole idea that our fans are to impatient for youth to be given a chance is just an excuse, an excuse that was made to justify McCoist's decision to not give youth a chance.

Plenty thought the taigs would hump us like hearts v cowdenbeath. We need to spend money no doubt, better players will bring more consistency, but we aren't millions of miles away. The premiership is not something to fear. This season has been a disaster and that's emphasised by hearts having one of the greatest seasons in their history.

ICT are third.

Good point ha ha. My other point still stands but, we won't beat hibs in the play offs.

ICT are third.

Good point ha ha. My other point still stands but, we won't beat hibs in the play offs.

Hearts have shown that you only have to be half decent to become one of the best teams in the country, Aberdeen are decent at best yet people are actually saying they can challenge Celtic. We are shit but luckily because we're in Scotland it really won't take too much to get back where we belong just critical we take the right direction.

This is the worst season in our entire history and we could still potentially go up and I'm sure we can only get better than this if its some slight optimism for a terrible year. Keep the faith

If we appointed a decent manager tomorrow, I honestly believe we've finish 2nd comfortbaly.

1st is long gone and we have McCoist to thank for that but 2nd give us 4 games to right that wrong.

Hearts will be in all likelyhood, relegation candidates or bottom 6 next season. Of course they

are having a great time right now, we would to....but the fact is (long term) our ambition is not more than one year away

and we have enough to get back to where we want to be. It's all about application.

If we go up this year and Hearts go down next year... no one will remember season 2014/15 but us...that's because we have

set ourselves standards which should be followed. We will get back to the top league and we will challenge again but we

need to show patience and allow someone to come in and repair the mess which has been allowed to happen. It is such good

fortune that so many duds are out of contract in a few months.

This season should (and will, in the long term) be regarded a write off but we will be back...and the others know it, that is why

they will enjoy it, and rightfully so.

We are Rangers and anything other than the best is acceptable. Remember that.

Difference between us and the likes of Leeds, Forrest etc is down south the quality through the lower divisions is so vast.

Here we play in a Scottish system that is shocking for the most part, a club as big as ours won't just fade away, not with our fan base, relatively large pulling power and even finances as daft as that sounds still trumps 99% of the teams in Scotland.

We will back at the top of the game in this country one day, it's just going to take alot longer than most people imagined.

Spot on, well said

This thread is full of hysterical pish. Utter pish at that.

For us older bears who watched Rangers from 66-86 with no a lot of glory in between we know that a generation was not lost.

It needs someone to simply rebuild and compete again. Are you try to tell me there are workd beaters over at Savillesville??

This thread is full of hysterical pish. Utter pish at that.

For us older bears who watched Rangers from 66-86 with no a lot of glory in between we know that a generation was not lost.

It needs someone to simply rebuild and compete again. Are you try to tell me there are workd beaters over at Savillesville??

The difference is though, that kids these days have access to Sky TV and to the internet where they can stream the top clubs across Europe who play attractive top quality football and who are being glamourised in the media, very few kids these days would watch Rangers play and be desperate to go back the next weekend.

We'll never fade away if the fans keep turning up like they have done, it's getting harder and harder to go to every game with the club the way it is. We deserve a competent management team that actually give a fuck about playstyle, a group of players who give 100% and not just rely on the same one or two players to drag is through games. A board that doesn't fucking leak anything to the media and provides some sort of long term stability. The fans deserve it and no matter what it's the fans that'll be left with the mess.

I really cannot say it enough times - those players that we all scream at every week are good enough to compete in the Premiership and as such - with the correct coaching and guidance - should be able to step up and do it for Rangers. The reason why they have not done so as yet? He is on garden leave and his sidekick is now controlling the team.

The OP makes his opinion known and some are agreeing but I feel that we will bounce back quicker, if we are guided correctly. King and co. have a fair set of balls to stifle the ranks and are about to have their nerve and ability tested. I actually trust them to do it - with the backing from the three bears and co. - but they will have to be ready for a steep climb in a very short space of time. They certainly do not have the three or four years we expected the previous regime to use to correct our status. The board need to be ready to welcome a new manager asap. The board need to be ready to seek out a head scout and have them pull in data to help us in the July window. We, the fans, need to be ready to support the new men and really hope we do!