I Have A Massive Fear We Will Fade Away

Gaz52

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one who misses the point.

No matter how bad the board is, or gets, it does not make kingco better.

There is no relationship there. None.

Not wanting king does not mean you are endorsing the board.

So many are adopting the attitude anything is better and "lets get him in, we'll worry about the money later"

We swore we would never do that again yet here we are welcoming another saviour without question.

We can't buy players with hope, a new manager wont work for hope and we wont keep the doors open with hope.

We will just have to worry about it later but worry wont do any of the above either. It will be too late.

Between Ashley and King, they chased away the only guy with the will and means to take us forward. Theyve made sure nobody else is getting near.

Once king runs out of money, I really dont see whete we go from there. We are toxic to investment and by then we will be loaded with debt.

We wont see significant income for at least 3 years. Who is going to absorb those losses ?

Ally has been a disaster. We dont even have a shell of a team at the moment after 3 years and a fortune spent.

Hearts went bust, yet with a fraction of our resources, built a team that romped the league.

All in, our recovery is going to take much longer than many think. No matter how bad the tims are, we are nowhere near them and wont be for years.

im very sad to see where we've ended up and can't help thinking king is a temporary patch that wont last long and we wont start recovering again til hes gone.

I may well be wrong, but I see little evidence he has the will or means it would take to move us forward.

The simple point is that the current board is broken so King is our ONLY fix and fortunately he has the backing of the fans, who'll have to be patient.

You having a f****** laugh ? More of the same is a vote for a pathetic board with absolutely no leadership qualities who are not fit for purpose and if 95% of Rangers fans being in agreement with me isn't enough for you then I despair.

More of the same is going back the way to two directors who sat and watched while we were torn apart.

Talk about overreacting...

Yeah,you're right. :blink:

2 or 3 signings(Bosmans,probably),a new coach (with a massive fuck-off magic wand) and being outplayed by Alloa,Falkirk,QOS etc will be a distant memory as we arse rape the bheggars on our way to PL glory!

No over-reaction,bud. We are in for a turbulent few years(to add to the last few)

We're the biggest team in Scotland. We're way behind Celtic though due to being humped down 3 divisions and having over £30m of player in McGregor, Naismith, Whittaker, Aluko, Davis walk away for nothing. That's 5 premiership players wiped out. Man United have fell to pieces simply with their manager leaving. Look at the state of Inter just from Mourinho leaving - from winning everything to a mid-table team.

Juventus on the other hand, hit by a match-fixing scandal and bounced right back to be the dominant team in Italy within a couple of seasons.

Hibs & Hearts looked down and out at the end of last season, finishing 12th & 11th. They easily could have fell into obscurity. But what happened? A decent ownership structure combined with a progressive management/coaching team and they're making us look like fools.

Our resources dwarf everyone else in Scotland bar the East-End bigots. There's absolutely no reason why we can't cement ourselves as the 2nd best team in this country within 1 season with proper ownership & management structures. What Hearts did in the Championship this season is the kind of ease we should be romping the top league, as the difference between Hearts & everyone else bar us & Hibs is the same difference between us & the rest of Scottish football bar the tramps.

We're the biggest team in Scotland. We're way behind Celtic though due to being humped down 3 divisions and having over £30m of player in McGregor, Naismith, Whittaker, Aluko, Davis walk away for nothing. That's 5 premiership players wiped out. Man United have feel to pieces simply with their manager leaving. Look at the state of Inter just from Mourinho leaving. Juventus on the other hand, hit by a match-fixing scandal and bounced right back to be the dominant team in ITaly within a couple of seasons.

Hibs & Hearts looked down and out at the end of last season, finishing 12th & 11th. They easily could have feel into obscurity.

But what happened? A decent ownership structure combined with a progressive management/coaching team and they're making us look like fools.

Our resources dwarf everyone else in Scotland bar the East-End bigots. There's absolutely no reason why we can't cement ourselves as the 2nd best team in this country within 1 season with proper ownership & management structures. What Hearts did in the Championship this season is the kind of ease we should be romping the top league, as the difference between Hearts & everyone else bar us & Hibs is the same difference between us & the rest of Scottish football bar the tramps.

What's wrong with us is we have all the vultures circling for cash and the new board if voted in will want their slice as well.

C'mon now Gaz, King will throw millions at us and have us in the champs League in 3 years according to many on here.

The problem now is one incumbent board is being removed for another expansive one that wants fans to buy in. It's taken years for the RST and RF to get above 1%, if the board want share issues to be paid by the fans then we are fucked.

It's a worry but i think we'll get back, how long it takes is another matter

We should have been well on the way with a good strong young team.

Too many bought into Ally, i myself was one who gave him too much time in the hope he could actually turn into a manager.

I reckon the next 6 months will go some way towards indicating what fading away has taken place and the pace in which it could be reversed.

6 months from now - at the start of Sept:

We will either be playing games in the top flight.

Or we will have played some more games in the Championship

ST sales will have recovered to the point where most if not all of those who did not renew this season have bought for season 15/16 (was it 20000 down this season?)

Or the ST numbers are not materially improved from this season.

Gates at Ibrox will be 40000+ on a consistent basis

Or bumping along at the average levels we've seen this season.

We will have cleared out pretty much most of the football failures from this season and be operating with a much smaller more affordable squad

Or too many of the failures are retained draining much needed cash and still underperforming

We will have released McD and the coaching team and replaced them with a manager and coaches who are transforming the way we play with consistently winning results to reflect this

Or we will still have McD and his coaches and be struggling along losing or drawing as many games as we win

Or the new manager and coaches also struggle to lift the team to performance levels required at Rangers so more of the same frustrations about results and performances.

The Board will have organised decent investment into the Club - Ashley loan paid off - surplus in bank - no risk of failing to trade as a going concern - revenues comfortably outstripping costs

Or the new Board is just like the old Boards - financial failures whose promises were not delivered.

If too many of the 'OR's are happening then it seems to me that this will be a reasonably strong indication of how much further we will have faded. 6 months, Not a long time is it for so much to happen one way or the other.

Footballing wise we're a shambles, not got any big game players, no game changers and more important, no leadership.

Aye, things might improve financially shortly but McCoist's legacy is going to live on, how hard was it to bring youngsters through, pay them a fair salary and build them up to be good footballers?

Black, Shiels, Daly, Cribari, Peralta, Argygygyou (or whatever his name was), Simonsen, Foster, Smith, Miller.. Just to name a few. These signings have killed us big time and we will be spending another year in the championship due to the shitebags who pull on our jersey these days.

We've finally started to see some changes in the squad but last night's selection with Law left wing instead of Templeton shows how clueless/stubborn these men are, the board haven't caused this situation, the management have

Terrified we die away like Leeds. If we do get back to the SPL, it's going to take 5 years minimum until we've got a side who can compete with Celtic, honestly it's just sickening what McCoist has done.

OK, just a couple of things.

You mention that singing old, overpaid players have ruined us, yet you say that it's the management to blame and not the boardrooms.

Let me ask you this: who gave the management the green light to sign all these players?

Who refused to act on the incompetent management team?

As far as last night goes, how would playing Templeton instead of Law have made any difference? Am I the only one who can see that Templeton is pish?...

Dying away like Leeds? So by that I take it you mean being a mid table team in the Championship for more than ten years like they are? Slight overreaction there.

This feeling of accepting defeats and draws as not being a big deal, happy to trundle along being mediocre is becoming ingrained in the team and its a disaster. This is exactly the reason Barry spat the dummy with PLG. Wonder if he'll criticise Ally and Kenny?. Won't hold my breath.

Nobody can possibly say things like,it will take 5 years to compete,we simply dont know how much cash will be invested and a good scouting network should see us picking up some gems hopefully?The fans will need to be patient ,pains me th state we are in and it was total needless but Ally has shown what can be done when you dont possess any sort of talent or foresight