Stuart Mccall's First News Conference As Manager

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always thought McCall has spoken very well in front of the cameras. No exception tonight. Said all the right things and seems genuinely excited and motivated about rest of the season. Hopefully get the reaction from the players that we desperately need. Saturday cant come quick enough. First time in a while since i can honestly say that.

Spoke really well. And is getting stuck right in calling the players in on their day off lol Bet they loved that. I'm really excited for Saturday now. Hopefully we can get off to a good win under McCall and get some momentum going!

One of the things I was most impressed with was when he said Kenny Black upon hearing there was a good chance they'd get the job, drove up from Sheffield to watch the Hibs-Livingston game. Shows they have the commitment to try and turn things around for us.

I was really struck by that part as well, shows a terrific desire, and a willingness to put in the hard work required to turn things around.

finally just managed to see it,he knows there's work to be done,and he has the desire to do it,spoke very well today in what must have been quite a stressful moment,if he can instill even ten percent of the drive and tenacity he had on the park for us into the squad I'll be more than happy just now

The thing that impressed me most was his emphasis on the team generating the atmosphere in the stands, and not the other way round. The atmosphere in a ground comes from what happens on the park, and I'm glad Stuart McCall sees it that way also. If the players want the fans behind them, then they have to make that happen by the way they play during a match.

James Traynor back involved with the media aspect of Rangers?

I knew his new PR firm had an association with King, but did not expect this to be the case in terms of Rangers.

But i am convinced on the BBC Stream - Traynor was talking in the background before the Press Conference and you saw him leave shortly after McCall left the room.

Does anyone know our current protocol pre match at the moment? This Saturday we are playing at home with a 3pm K.O.

Do we stay at a hotel tomorrow night or just meet at 12pm or something on Saturday at ibrox?

I'm going out with my cousin & his wife tonight so, if it's ok, I'll just travel up on Saturday morning as usual.

Said all that needed saying in a straightforward, no-nonsense way. Good on him. I think he's spot on about the players, too; these guys do have the talent to go out there and get results, which is why watching them under-perform has been so bloody frustrating. I'm sure the mess at the top has played its part, but end of the day you have to get stuck in and prove you deserve to pull on that jersey. It may be a bridge too far this season, but this will get turned around, I've never been in doubt of that. Having said that, why even think that way? Believe it can be done - Big Marv showed us the power of that and we should never, ever forget it.

Just a great press conference, first time in god knows how long. I wish you all the best Stuarty, get stuck in and get us playing (tu)

Loved the bit about players felt they weren't getting a xchance, I hope that was the likes of Sinnamon, Gallagher etc rather than fucking Stevie Smith or Seb Faure :lol: