Dick Advocaat - What Was He Like?

Antonio85

Sunderland fan here.

Sorry to bother you. You have even more problems than ourselves which is quite an achievement!

What can we expect from Dick Advocaat? Is he a good man manager? Can he be a fire fighter and get us out the shit? I understand he will take over until the end of the season.

We really need an impact manager.

I hope you get sorted out soon, its worrying that this can happen to one of the top 5 biggest clubs in the UK.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland fan here.

Sorry to bother you. You have even more problems than ourselves which is quite an achievement!

What can we expect from Dick Advocaat? Is he a good man manager? Can he be a fire fighter and get us out the shit? I understand he will take over until the end of the season.

We really need an impact manager.

I hope you get sorted out soon, its worrying that this can happen to one of the top 5 biggest clubs in the UK.

I thought he was great, with us I recall fast, flowing football and an extraordinary focus on attacking.

Very good manager as long as he has money to spend .played a good passing game and very attractive and attacking football. Doesn't mess about . Should do well for you but he did have great players here at during his time not sure what your squad is like Best of luck

Anyone mind his song to the tune of vindaloo? :lol: think we played St Johnstone or some shite away and sang it for what felt like an eternity

I can remember it from the 7-0 Scottish Cup Semi against Ayr. After each goal it became:

We're gonna score 1/2/...7 more than you

Think it was sung for the majority of that game as well.

He will stabilize things but he is a bit of a cheque book manager. Not having managed in England wont help but i think he can keep you guys up.

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully the glory days will return soon

Thanks for that :)

We just need someone to kick some backsides and put an arm round 1 or 2 and make them feel confident.

He won't be buying anyone its only a couple of months till end of season. I worry about having fire in his belly at his age, so hopefully there is a big bonus to be an incentive. Its just a question of getting 9 or 10 points and keeping our heads above water.

I went on the drink with some Ayr Lads (Rangers fans) who were out in blackpool on there way to pre season match at hillsborough a couple of years ago, great banter. It reminded me a lot of the fans in the north East of england.

This

Thats good to hear but scares me in a way.

What was he like in europe? We're gonna have to go on the back foot at times. Unfortunately we've wasted a lot of money so we're often not good enough to go toe to toe with teams.

Very good manager as long as he has money to spend .played a good passing game and very attractive and attacking football. Doesn't mess about . Should do well for you but he did have great players here at during his time not sure what your squad is like Best of luck

Thanks mate our squad is limited but if he is a good man manager and clever tactician we should just about do it.

He was given the money to spend so obviously he was going to use it! Played some brilliant attacking football. When we used to batter teams at Ibrox.

Always 2 wingers and loved to attack. Plus clever as well. Remember playing Tugay as a sweeper when we beat Monaco away in champions league.