Players Chance To Win Contract?

I think for the last year we have rightly been furious at the performances of our players. With many of our contracts expiring in the next few months, I think many of us were hoping for a complete clear out and bringing in new players.

Not to get carried away with today's performance, but it has shown that these players, coached in the right way and with a proper system may still have some ability. Lee Wallace today reminded me exactly of how he can play and what he can offer.

Another shining light today was the performance from Shiels who really did show some talent and drive to control the midfield.

If we continue to improve under McCall and the players start to show their potential, I feel there may yet be time for some to stake a claim for a new contract:-

Not sure who out of these is actually out of contract, but this is my view on the current crop:-

GK

Bell - Able keeper, would keep hold of him

Simmonsen - Rotten, let him go.

Robinson - Decent enough, but would probably let him go and try to encourage the progression of the young guy with the great rep.

LB

Wallace - The one player of real quality we still have. Has been too quiet for too long, but his ability is still there. Keep him.

Smith - Too old and not good enough, get shot of him.

CB

McCulloch - Thanks for your efforts, but you are just too old now.

Moshni - Really want him to be good, but he is terrifying! Let him go.

Zal - I think this guy is solid. If he plays well till the end of the season, I would consider giving him a 1 year extension.

McGregor - Like him, would happily have him in the squad for either SPL or another bash at the championship.

RB

Foster - Just not good enough

Faure - As above

LM

Templeton - Unless he plays like Messi until the end of the season i would let him go.

Walsh - Sign this boy up

CM

Law - Has been a total shitebag for the best part of two seasons, but I think there is something there. If McCall gets him playing to his potential over the next few weeks, I could see him having a role in either the SPL or championship. Id keep him.

Black - Liability in important games, although he can have a good influence on games. Cant trust him though so would want him replaced.

Hutton - Not for me, never gonna cut it and will be out his depth in the top flight.

Murdoch - Keep this kid.

Shiels - Has been out of the picture for so long but cant help but feel he could be a key player under the right manager. Id offer him a new deal.

RM

Aird - Probably wont be good enough, but I dont want to write off the youth too early. Offer him a cheap new deal.

Strikers

Daly - Not for me, too old.

Miller - Can still offer things, but his legs are gonna be a year older. Let him go with our gratitude.

Boyd - not worked out for him and his attitude has not been right. Let him go.

I think for the last year we have rightly been furious at the performances of our players. With many of our contracts expiring in the next few months, I think many of us were hoping for a complete clear out and bringing in new players.

Not to get carried away with today's performance, but it has shown that these players, coached in the right way and with a proper system may still have some ability. Lee Wallace today reminded me exactly of how he can play and what he can offer.

Another shining light today was the performance from Shiels who really did show some talent and drive to control the midfield.

If we continue to improve under McCall and the players start to show their potential, I feel there may yet be time for some to stake a claim for a new contract:-

Not sure who out of these is actually out of contract, but this is my view on the current crop:-

GK

Robinson - Decent enough, but would probably let him go and try to encourage the progression of the young guy with the great rep.

LB

Wallace - The one player of real quality we still have. Has been too quiet for too long, but his ability is still there. Keep him.

CB

Zal - I think this guy is solid. If he plays well till the end of the season, I would consider giving him a 1 year extension.

McGregor - Like him, would happily have him in the squad for either SPL or another bash at the championship.

RB

Faure - As above

LM

Templeton - Unless he plays like Messi until the end of the season i would let him go.

Walsh - Sign this boy up

CM

Law - Has been a total shitebag for the best part of two seasons, but I think there is something there. If McCall gets him playing to his potential over the next few weeks, I could see him having a role in either the SPL or championship. Id keep him.

Black - Liability in important games, although he can have a good influence on games. Cant trust him though so would want him replaced.

Hutton - Not for me, never gonna cut it and will be out his depth in the top flight.

Murdoch - Keep this kid.

Shiels - Has been out of the picture for so long but cant help but feel he could be a key player under the right manager. Id offer him a new deal.

RM

Aird - Probably wont be good enough, but I dont want to write off the youth too early. Offer him a cheap new deal.

Strikers

Miller - Can still offer things, but his legs are gonna be a year older. Let him go with our gratitude.

Agree with almost all of that, although would probably give Templeton and Faure another shot - think when played under a decent manager and being in suitable positions both of them could do a job.

GK

LB

CB

RB

Faure - As above

LM

Walsh - Sign this boy up

CM

Murdoch - Keep this kid.

RM

Strikers

How can you get so enthusiastic about wallace

The guys hid all season and had no pressure on him today

He's had one decent game all season, Because of that and him and most of the others have let down mc coist and mcdowall badly.

This kissing the badge lark is laughable

GK

LB

CB

RB

Faure - As above

LM

Walsh - Sign this boy up

CM

Murdoch - Keep this kid.

RM

Strikers

Sorry but getting rid of Templeton and holding on to Law is crazy. Still I guess we all have our own opinion.

He's had one decent game all season, Because of that and him and most of the others have let down mc coist and mcdowall badly.

He played well, his badge kissing showed passion, and he is one of our best players.

I would be in a position to call you mad if you didn't want to keep him!

He played well, his badge kissing showed passion, and he is one of our best players.

I would be in a position to call you mad if you didn't want to keep him!

So where's the passion been all season ?

The guys recently intimated in the bewspaoer "if we don't get promoted we are off "

So where's the passion been all season ?

The guys recently intimated in the bewspaoer "if we don't get promoted we are off "

I forgot that the papers are the be all and end all. They never really do tend to twist words or make non-stories!

The whole squad has had its passion sapped from it, but today felt like a different day all together. Be happy, be positive, and get behind the boy.

I forgot that the papers are the be all and end all. They never really do tend to twist words or make non-stories!

The whole squad has had its passion sapped from it, but today felt like a different day all together. Be happy, be positive, and get behind the boy.[/quote

Him amongst others have cost 2 managers there positions get real

See what happens over the rest of the season before you get carried away with yourself

We Sherman no better todatpy Tegan the last time we played them

Lets not kid ourselves Hibs weren't at the races today partly because of an up tempo oerfirmance from us and orator gecpause Cummings was out an Allen was off his game

The whole squad has had its passion sapped from it

Him amongst others have cost 2 managers there positions get real

See what happens over the rest of the season before you get carried away with yourself

We Sherman no better todatpy Tegan the last time we played them

Lets not kid ourselves Hibs weren't at the races today partly because of an up tempo oerfirmance from us and orator gecpause Cummings was out an Allen was off his game

The players have been poor, but the two 'managers' you are referring to have to take the credit for that I'm afraid. The players didn't lose them their jobs... Their lack of ability as managers did though. Try be positive, we were great today, else go over to Leith and go console all the Hibs fans!

ame="Bestie" post="1062578255" timestamp="1427041220"]

The players have been poor, but the two 'managers' you are referring to have to take the credit for that I'm afraid. The players didn't lose them their jobs... Their lack of ability as managers did though. Try be positive, we were great today, else go over to Leith and go console all the Hibs fans!

If the manager puts his faith in you by selecting you at least you can do is your best

That hasn't been the case. So how you Can blame the managers for that is bewildering

Wallace has been no better than anyone else in that respect

He'll be on a decent wage and gets payed the same whether he tried or not

Regardless of your opinion any footballer with an ounce of pride would give his best

It's great to see better a performance today but I was either of the previous 2 managers I would be asking why they hadn't shown me the same commitment

You sound fucking beelin..

I can see Bernadette getting a kicking..

:shifty: kiss this.